Nerf Chucky

Options
Atom7k
Atom7k Member Posts: 224
edited December 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I get that this killer gets played a lot because he is new. But right now I am beyond annoyed.

Chucky aka "The good guy" witholds way too much power and is zero fun to play against. At the current state when playing alone or with friends we consider leaving the game when we see its him. My friends and I are frustrated.

The most concerning part for me is the stealth mechanism. He is too short to be seen clearly on almost every map but not even having a red stain makes it impossible to know he is comming (aside from his laugh which is laughable itself). This made many many players turn him into a camping killer. Almost every chucky player so far was proximity facecamping (another thing bhvr needs to fix). If you hold 16 meters distance from the hooked survivor his rescue bar won't fill but you can still see him pretty clearly. Most players would seek this distance turn undetectable and would just wait. It is the most common 'strategy' I've seen so far and it is so frustrating to see bhvr trying to decrease facecamping just to add a killer who is gold at it. I don't see Onryo players do that so it must be because you can barely see him and he is then undetectable. I think it's too hard for survivors to get informations of his whereabout.

He also has an unbelievable field of view so hiding in corners and stuff doesn't work at all.

How can bvhr justify to create a killer like this while other killers are in desperate need of change.

Well I've ranted enough and I had enough. I think this killer is and will remain a problem. I don't get how xeno got nerfed two weeks into the release yet this hasn't been adressed.

Chucky can't have it all. Dashing palettes, undetectable, making everyone nervous because of the footsteps, blight like dash, insane fov, hard to blind, impossible to see in most gyms. This kit is simply too strong.

I will propose some changes here and explain why it makes sense:

He should either:

• not be able to gain undetectable status | he is already very hard to spot because of his size, being undetectable is simply too much. Imagine the Onryo had a lullaby like chucky. People would be mad af.

• not be able to dash | My least favourite option but it does make sense to take some powers away. You can't outrun his dash with lithe, balance landing or sprint burst. This is somewhat okay but with the dash being like it is you could start sprinting at 150 % and 10 meters distance and the killer would still catch up to you in less then 2 seconds

• his laugh should be louder and better to locate (24 meter radius at least). | Grants survivors the possibilty to actually react to him. Right now you won't know hes close until the distance is too short to do something about it. So it's almost a guaranteed loss of a health state. This sounds pretty unfair to me. As it is already hard to see where he is comming from because of his size. Compared to chucky the dredge is crying in a corner right now. It's a big lump of turkey who has an integrated dyson v12 with directional audio. The dredge's stealth ability is a joke compared to chucky.

• keep his abilites but tone down the numbers a lot. | If he keeps everything numbers needs to drop. His undetectable is too long, his laugh to quiet, the footsteps not precise enough, dash too long.

• reduce his basic attack range to almost zero. | He is a doll. Him having more attack range then the Skyscraper Meyer himself seems a lot.

• Add a counterplay for survivors. | Counterplays are essential if a killer is too strong. There are emp's for the singularity, flamethrowers for the xeno. So if they don't want to change his power, they should give the survivors the power to fight back or counterplay it somehow.

I think one of the above is enough to bring it to a fair level BUT we haven't talked about add ons yet. Some of them are okay as they just buff numbers. However I think the ability to insta break pallets is too extrem. The only other player who can do this is the legion (blight still gets stunned for a short duration with this add on) and only in frenzy which makes it (almost) impossible to be downed instantly. Chucky however can simply break the pallete and then get you with his dash. Doesn't sound like something you want to face every day.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I know it's off-topic but i never saw that much Freddy posts before. A lot people are asking BHVR to fix him and make him great again.

How you are feeling about that much people loves him and wants him back.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

A bit off-topic indeed, but I've actually left some comments on those posts you are talking about.

I'm happy that Freddy is finally trending, this has been long overdue. Should have happened all the way back in July of 2019, actually.

I'm trying to help this wave, to leave encouraging words and to show people my own proposal for a Freddy change. It is okay to have some hope that things will finally get better, even if it is a bit unlikely.

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 656
    Options

He’s pretty oppressive, they should help people detect Chucky by, let’s say, making him constantly laugh, also maybe have like glowing white footsteps you can see through walls, and probably slow him down to 4.4 m/s. If they did that he’d be pretty fair.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,175
    Options

he can be a bit much but I think he fine.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,054
    Options

Give him a lullaby. That’s about it.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

The number 1 change i would do are his footsteps. Make them better visable and more accurate.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    Options

The only changes I'd make:

Reduce his Scamper speed so he can't cheese loops without actually using the skill portion of his power.

Cut the cooldown of Hidey Ho mode down, possibly cut it in half. Make Slice and Dice necessary with the previous change, and then make it more readily available with this change.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    Options

Chucky is popular because he is rly fun to play as and also being good Killer (not OP).

It's like new Wesker again.

• tyantlmumagjiaonuha
    Options

As a 4.4/m killer, he is the lowest tier because he has no mobility and no pressure on Gen. If you take away his advantage, his surprise, what is left for him?

If you are frustrated with Chucky, perhaps a few games with him would make your brain burst.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Just juke him? Most Chucky's I've played against can't curve well at all so once you realize that you just have to never run in a straight line and he hasn't been that bad for me.

• Atom7k
    Options

I agree that hiding in corners is not a good play but sometimes it's your only option. Mindgaming this killer doesn't work really due to his fov. So I would say it's still a lot. Lots of players used the perk insidious to intentionally camp without using his ability or better, activating when someone approaches to scare them of with the dash or even hit them. That's the point where I disagree with you. The stealth is an issue on its own but his size makes it even more complicated when hes camping. And yes I know why the term facecamping is called facecamping. But I don't see much difference from someone standing in front of you or standing 16 meters away. Killers like Bubba still can run to the hook and down the survivor with a chainsaw so it didn't really change much.

Lots of players use his dash for mobility so I don't think that point is really valid. When some tiles are dropped on the way you could run half the map in a few seconds with him. Because of the short cooldown after a missing dash it's pretty easy to use to catch up to survivors.

Wasting a killers time is pretty much a default tactic against every killer so I wouldn't say its a special trick to counter chucky. Besides solo q survivors will have a lot harder time because as I said seeing him approach is hard due to his size. Stealth perks further enhance the problem.

• Atom7k
    Options

But it's pretty much a one sided thing. He can be fun to play as but is absolutely annoying to play against. It's like playing against a tiny stealth blight with reduced dashes.

• Atom7k
    Options

That may work on new chucky players but after just 3 to 5 games you pretty much know how to dash around corners or doing a little hug tech.

Its like saying just juke a blight. Yeaht thats possible but not that easy to pull of if someone knows how to avoid getting juked

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

You can also juke blight lol, neither of them are Nurse they still have to respect solid objects existing.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

"Not that easy to pull off if someone knows how to avoid getting juked" how is this bad, so if a player is good at avoiding juked it is expected for them to be hard to juke? Am I missing something? Are we really expecting killers should be easy to dodge/juke even if the player is good?

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

Your nerfs suggestions are ridiculous. You literally want to make him powerless and then make him worse than powerless.

Chucky isn't that good. There are plenty of better killers.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

Thats what a surprising amount of players seem to expect. To many, counterplay seems to be something along the lines of "when versing X, do Y to get away scott free, until unfair Bloodlust 3 kicks in and the killer gets an undeserved hit."

And often, it somewhat works like this, its the reason why so many seasoned survivors can verse the killer fearlessly, when they just stand at their shack checkpoints. To me things are more interesting, if counterplay means "the optimal way to play against this, but it could fail", like predicting a killers projectile power vs reacting to seeing it,

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    Options

I see you're trying to loop chucky like a normal killer when hes not.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

People have been waiting for him to be fixed for awhile and I think seeing him nowhere on the upcoming roadmap ruffled some feathers. That is at least 6 months for even the faint possibility of changes.

• Atom7k
    Options

There is nothing wrong with being good at a character in the game. But it's different when the character is not hard to control to be considered "good". My point is, that his kit allows him to forgive many mistakes he makes allong the chase and still catch up. In case of chucky it's not that hard. You need a lot more practice to be considered good with the blight or the nurse. Strong killers indeed but useless in the hands of somebody who can't control their powers. Monstrous in the hands of those who can. Chucky however bypasses that. You can mess up a lot and still get the hit because of his advantages. That is my point

• Atom7k
    Options

You probably weren't reading carefully enough. I said it's enoug if one of the suggestions happens, not all of them.

• Atom7k
    Options

Kinda just a vent but for real. I dont want to buy an expensive headset and crank up the volume to max just to play this game.

I just got grabbed from a generator. We were three people and none of us saw or heard him comming ( no it was not tinkerer the match had just started and the gen was at 15 %).

Thats just unacceptable. His laugh is barely audible even with headset and without youre just done for. God damn it I'm so over this garbage killer

• funsumme
    funsumme Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2023
    Options

We should be worried about the power attack instead of the stealth but I really don’t want him get nerfed so much!

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

I play with no headphones and can hear him and Tiffany clearly before I see them. You have encountered a bug or have trouble hearing.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    edited December 2023
    Options

Getting a hit won’t win you the game. And he’s punished a lot for making a mistake. He is a 110 movement speed killer with a long cooldown on his power… too long imo.

• Atom7k
    Options

I think its way too short.

By the time he picks and hooks a survivors its back up. If he uses it for mobility or the first hit the cooldown animation from the attack is so short that he has no trouble following up with a second hit a few seconds after that

• deifi
    deifi Member Posts: 50
    Options

Bumping this thread

Yeah Chuckie is overpowered, but I guess Behavior is trying to get people to buy Chuckie for the re-release of the movie and keep him beyond S-tier.

1. His charge cooldown is too quick and you can zig zag it, it's a better version of Wesker's lunge
    2. Not only can he "Slide" over a pallets, but he can still use his charge after sliding, essentially eliminating pallet play. Chuckie should not be able to trigger "charge" after already using a slide ability.
    3. He's very difficult to blind, especially when at distance, depending on the angle, his eyes are covered by the pallet. This creates a delay of 1-2 seconds which is lost distance management.
    4. His height and his bloodstain is so tiny it's nearly non-existent. It would be agreeable if they made his bloodstains larger or reduce his m/s that aligns with his physical size. I don't know too many toddlers... moving faster than an Adult.
    5. His 3rd party FOV makes it nearly impossible to sneak plays
    6. He has a global incognito power

If you itemize all his abilities versus Survivors counter-play options, you've effectively eliminated all options.

• Looping, Holding W, or spotting him or distance management from terror radius reads for stealth play.

To give killers perspective, imagine introducing an Oompa Loompa survivor from Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. A 2ft survivor, but let's give him no audio when wounded, fake directional footsteps, and ability to always fast vault windows and pallets without perks AND instant sprint bursts (without perk) after every vault. That's what Chuckie is built currently.

Either give SURVIVORS a Oompa Loopa S-Tier Survivor or nerf chuckie. I will gladly pay for the Oompa Loompa.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options

they need to nerf his scamper into the ground. I have been playing nothing but chucky and while he's incredibly fun the "hold power til drop" playstyle is just too good. Any decent chucky can just remove pallets from the equation.

• KingGizmo9222
    KingGizmo9222 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I agree, PLEASE FIX CHUCKY!!! He is the worst killer to play against by far, I'd much rather play against a 3-gen skull merchant at this point.

• HINGIRIK
    HINGIRIK Member Posts: 103
    Options

"Add a counterplay for survivors. | Counterplays are essential if a killer is too strong. There are emp's for the singularity, flamethrowers for the xeno. So if they don't want to change his power, they should give the survivors the power to fight back or counterplay it somehow."

"Add a counterplay for survivors. | Counterplays are essential if a killer is too strong. There are emp's for the singularity, flamethrowers for the xeno. So if they don't want to change his power, they should give the survivors the power to fight back or counterplay it somehow."

Patch notes for 7.6.0

•The Good guy can kickeable for survivors like Victor.

LOL

• Valyrie
    Valyrie Member Posts: 31
    edited March 30
    Options

What do you mean?

He's only really small and hard to see on most maps and tiles, has built in stealth, can vault pallets, and can rush you down without being locked in a direction.

It's totally fine for his power to cover literally every base!

Oh wait…

Post edited by Valyrie on
  • Valyrie
    Valyrie Member Posts: 31
    edited March 30
    Options

While I don't necessarily agree with the nerf decisions proposed, I do agree it's kind of ridiculous how easy it is to do well with Chucky. His base kit is just kind of an all-in-one and if you just use Make Your Choice with gen regression/defense perks you can do so stupidly well without putting almost any thought into your gameplay.

Do I want Chucky to be bad? No, I don't even think he needs A TON of tweaks, but I'd like his base kit to cover less bases or be less strong in the areas it covers if not. Personally I'd just lower the distance he can cover with his lunge attack by a tiny bit, like just JUST a smidge, or have pallet stuns knock him out of hidey-ho akin to other killers who lose power upon stun.

Nothing feels worse than pallet stunning the little bastard only to have him scamper under the pallet and immediately get you anyways.

Post edited by Valyrie on
  • fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

4.4 killers in general is just bad and will not deserve nerf.