What is going on today?

Options

Has a steamer done a video on some sort of Deathslinger knock out build or something?

Three times today alone I've gone against a Deathslinger with knockout that refuses to hook anyone and the game goes on for half an hour before you eventually get all four bleed out. How on earth is this healthy for the game? (Or solo queue at least) Honestly would rather spend my Christmas break building flat pack furniture or something! This is tragic today.

Comments

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 649
    edited December 2023
    Options

Is it the same Deathslinger? I've found myself being matched with the same players (Survivors and Killers) a lot more often recently. Maybe as a result of a tighter MMR system, I don't know... But yeah, slugging and only slugging is definitely a strat that you will encounter some Killers using (most often with ranged Killers like Huntress or high mobility one hit Killers like Oni). Thankfully I don't find it to be all that common since most Killers play for hooks, but players like this are certainly out there.

Entity help us Solo Q players if knockout becomes a meta perk.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 122
    Options

No, ot the same person, that's the funny thing! Also has the iri add on that means you get instantly down from further than 12 metres away. I haven't come up against a knockout build since the pre changed Sadako months ago, then 3 in the same day with the same character just seems more than a coincidence.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 649
    Options

I went against two infinite tombstone Myers in a row the other day (different players as well). I guess this kind of thing just happens sometimes.

Whatever happened to regular and vanity/scratched mirror Myers, anyway? It feels like all I see these days are the infinite tombstone ones :(

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 409
    Options

No idea if someone promoted it but I got plenty of knockout killers heavily slugging who play for mori (Onryo) or bleed-out (other killers) since the 2nd day of Christmas. And that at lowest MMR (previously I almost never encountered any).

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

I've said many times here

Knock Out + Sloppy Butcher and only slugging guarantees you a win 10x more than playing the game as intended

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Options

Ran an infinite T3 the other night to get an archive challenge done for hitting 12 survivors who are exposed. Sometimes archives incentivize throwing on stuff you wouldn't normally.

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130
    Options

I usually do the slug 1 person and hook the rest strategy. If that slugged gets up, slug a new victim and repeat.

Its honestly amazing how many games I've won by forcing a 3vs1.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

Seems especially odd they were playing Deathslinger. While Onryo is the usual slugging killer since she doesn't need to hook and Twins are, well, Twins, Deathslinger doesn't seem particularly-good at it, given he's a slower killer.

I also do think that Knock Out is a very unhealthy perk in general. Even Infectious you could argue is to counter flashie saves, Knock Out is straight up just to slug.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

I'm running into desperate Weskussies with iri add-ons.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

She can just keep building condemned and then mori you at max stacks, no hooks needed.