The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Does anyone else feel that survivors objective speed is simply broken?

124»

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,434

But then the complaints would've ceased, wouldn't they?

The way I see it, absolutely no one is having fun with the current state of things. If those changes were asked for (and many of them shouldn't have), then no one stopped to think about the consequences.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

spawns

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425

If you're not playing Nurse, Blight, Spirit, and maybe Wesker, yes.

But if you make gens take longer, make chases shorter by buffing killers, or make maps smaller/weaker to help; most survivors will get upset so idk what to suggest to be done that won't have them throw a fit.

I would say better matchmaking for more even matches but this community seems to be more inclined towards unfair matchmaking so they can pub stomp more games "like the good old days" of ranks.

• MrDrMedicman
    MrDrMedicman Member Posts: 303

Killers get boosted to top tier lobbies with 4 stacks and get stomped right back

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Yea I'm good with gen kicking coming back probably lowest of lows for the game. I just wish perks were less impactful to match outcome . Gen perks could receive nerfs/reworks and basekit killer gets some of that power with shorter corrupt & a mini pop or something similar.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited January 7

Depends on what people mean when they say "high MMR".

If its just past the softcap sure. But that's more because there a huge range of skill there so if you're actually really good you should be doing well more often than not just because you'll outclass most of the survivors by a lot. Imo that sounds like what you're talking about and in my experience it's about the same. Of course it goes the same on the other side where if you just have an above average survivor group to play with you'll roll most of the killers as well. Speaking from experience on that end as well.

When I think of a "high MMR match" I'm considering all of the players are really good, not just the killer. In situations where the entire survivor team is strong, that's where only the top few killers can compete.

So there's a strange dichotomy of "yeah I can win a lot if not most of my killer games because I'm good at killer and matchmaking sucks so I get survivors I shouldn't" and "but in the games where I get matched with survivors who are also actually good and/or at my level, if I'm not playing x, y, or z killer then I kinda just lose by default".

It's the second situation I believe people have an issue with as there's not really much you can do besides just play the stronger killers next time. It's at least what I have an issue with.

It's either easy because I'm getting survivors way under my level, or I can't reasonably compete because I'm not playing an A+ or S tier killer and I actually got good survivors. If I lose with someone like Wesker, in most cases it was my fault or the survivors were cracked lol.

It'd be more accurate to say "in games where the survivors are good and there's no weak link to exploit or large skill gap, only a few killers can consistently and reasonably compete".

At least that's been my experience.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,834

So what do survivors get in exchange for this? They got nothing during the extremely oppressive gen kick meta which was partially why it was nerfed to begin with.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 626

The way pop and pain rez change the dynamic of my matches I'd say no.

If your half decent as killer you can essentially add 2 more gens with just these 2 perks alone.

I hardly have to go out of my way to get value as well.

• LeFennecFox

The thing they've deserved for a while actual communication via pings, preset messages, and basekit aura reading perks. Considering the roadmap survivors will be getting needed buffs like the mangled rework, anti 3 gen system, and more. Hard to tell if these changes will actually solve issues with the game, but killers not getting powerspiked too much from gen perks would be a good change.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,834
    edited January 7

So BHVR pretty much said they are not creating any kind of ping system nor are they giving survivors basekit aura reading perks. They’re content with the HUD when it comes to providing survivors with a basekit communication feature and encourage survivors to use perks that help bridge the gap (like Kindred). Personally I think that is very fair.

The 3-gen and haemmorhage change responses aren’t buffs for survivors; they’re changes that break even. And the only reason they’re happening is because killer mains abused the features (mangled/hemmorhage, games that were timing out due to impossible 3-gen scenarios). They break even because before these strategies were inadvertently buffed by nerfing survivors (via healing and shrinking maps), they weren’t really issues. They became issues because survivors were nerfed.

• LeFennecFox
    edited January 7

They've always been issues the base game is incredibly problematic with bandaid solutions via perks etc. They can't go too far on these changes though because how the game is designed so there is still leeway to go around the mechanics that protect survivors. Survivor/killer problems aren't going to be solved without major changes to hooks/gens in general.