If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Did They really just nerfed Quick Gambit before Background Player?

Options

Ma'am what is going on and who was asking for Quick Gambit nerfs? I thought Vittorio was a flop chapter.

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

I wish the perk effected other things

like gate opening speed or something even then the perk would probably be bad

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,641
    Options

I think just increasing radius to 48 meters and revert gen-speed decrease to old % would make perk see use. Like I would definitely use it because i enjoy looping but this version is too useless.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Options

With the increased range, you can still be plenty out of a killer's range of being able to hear a generator being worked on. Unless the killer can SEE another survivor or you are bringing the killer WAY closer than you have to to get the perk value... it's unlikely that the killer is gonna peel off you to check on a random gen.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 819
    edited January 9
    Options

Personally i like it. Its not for everyone, its situational, and you have to be aware in chases and be good at it. I love to run it with bond. And now that both perks are the same range, i will now know that a teammate is getting value from quick gambit if i see their aura while distancing myself appropriately.

Once again, not an easy perk. But i see why ppl would prefer a general perk like deja vu over it. Its simple and easy to use.

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 617
    Options

I do not think survivor running to killer for flashlight/pallet save with the speed of Blight is balanced.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

Even with the nerf to 5% I think it's still better than it was before, even if only marginally. 24 meters made it really difficult to use without the killer switching to the other survivor instead, 36 gives you more wiggle room so the perk should (hopefully) be a little more consistent overall even with the lower bonus.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,159
    edited January 9
    Options

Gonna be honest, I think people are underestimating this perk change. 36m is actually a pretty damned large radius, and where it'll come into play most prominently is breaking a 3 gen.

Each time the killer pushes the survivor off of the gen, the other gens in range will gain the bonus. You have 3 of you on 3 different gens, especially with the limit to kicks now, there is potential for some solid value... You combine with Deja Vu, you've got yourself a decent little anti-3gen build with just 2 perks.

That'd be busted my guy, 48m in most maps will be hitting 4 gens at almost all times 😅

TBH, at 36m, not unrealistic to grant it by accident just playing normally, especially on a small map with multiple floors like Game or Midwich, or maps with heavy traffic central areas like Disturbed Ward or Chapel.

A change that might be useful to add is to reveal auras of survivors affected by the perk, so that at least the user can actually see the impact of the perk.

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

The repair speed doesn't need to be nerfed. Revert that and it will be an okay perk that's good for survivors who prefer taking chase over repairing.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

I agree! Doubling the distance could have worked. I was surprised to see the small increase only and the reduction in the percentage.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

Background player should be nerfed to a useless perk so my teammates actually do gens

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options
  • C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

I drew this the 2nd day of this perk released in PTB, just a random drawing passes by.

36m is 4 and a half titles distance. I feel the distance is decent, thing is, am I able to run for 30s actively both avoiding my teammates' Gen and keep being within the range, so boost Gen time by 1.5sec per teammate?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

Thing is you dont know how much the time you saved on Gen when using the perk. If you have a chance try to recording the game play and check how long the perk gets brighter. For each 30sec, you save perhaps....2sec

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,226
    Options

It isn't a nerf it's a rebalance. They increased the range but decreased the repair speed at the same time. That's a buff and a nerf.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

I don't think you can say they nerfed Quick Gambit, but it's certainly just as useless as ever.

It's still far, far more useful to run the killer away from the gen, than to save your teammates about 0.5s of repair time before going down next to it.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

The rhetorical strategy of looking at a rework that arguably makes a perk worse, treating that as a straight nerf, and then treating it as an intentional nerf on top of that is really annoying, not gonna lie.

It's pretty clear from the language used and the specific changes made that BHVR don't view this as a nerf to Quick Gambit, so saying "who asked for Quick Gambit nerfs" isn't really achieving anything. Nobody did, including BHVR, which is why they have not tried to nerf it.

We can talk about how to improve Quick Gambit without pretending it's being intentionally nerfed.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited January 9
    Options

They literally changed Billy's cooldown a few months ago to deincentivize using his chainsaw for map mobility instead of dealing with loops.

Now they literally reward using it for mobility.

There's literally zero consistency, just whatever the person calling the shots feels on any given day. Don't think too hard.