Boons...

Options

I dont know why Devs just keep trying to make Boons 24m is too small to work with, 36m sure (keep healing one small) but other than that pretty useless when the killer can hear where it is.

Just my rant honestly just feel bad that no one uses it anymore and the team that actually does i always end up 4king them because they just waste so much time to setup that garbage.

Comments

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

the radius is 24m, the boon's diameter is 48m.

Back when the radius was 28m in PTB the survivors could stack healing circle for 200%.

It became 24m to ensure that no boon is overlapping with someone else's.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,193
    Options

They made it so that Boons don't stack with each other regardless.

The range nerf was an extra thing.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,083
    Options

I mean, no amount of range will make Boon: Illumination NOT a throw perk, but other boons could be salvaged with extra range. Dark Theory in particular.

IMO, they should make it so that if you have multiple boons equipped, you get the worst stats of each, and then just give boons varied ranges and bless times.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    edited January 9
    Options

Illumination affecting flashlights?

like within the boon the flashlights get Sapphire Lens & Low Amp Filament stats that stack with the addons on the item.

and the aura reveal effect is working from where the survivor is currently standing so you just have to be in the edge of the boon for 24m aura reveal gens & chests.

Basically getting bootlegged Deja Vu & Plunderer's Instinct

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

I think Boons mechanic should be

• Map wide
    • Nerf an aspect on each perk (remove aura from Coh, Shadowstep only hide either aura or scratch mark, Exponential only either increase recovering, or self picking up.
    • If snuffed, survivors can not bless again.
    • If there is 1 totem left that is Boon, and a Hex has to spawn, Hex will overlap Boon. Hex will priority over Dull though.
    • The number of Boon perk survivor brings, equal to the number of time that survivor can bless per match.
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,763
    edited January 9
    Options

I do hope they consider buffing them to 30 meters atleast

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,722
    Options
  • NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,420
    Options

please no boon buffs or a new strong boon perk before addressing their infinite spammability. 36 meters is bond range and 4 meters bigger than most killers' terror radius, for context. i don't want that big of a shadow step that can be blessed a million times if wanted, sorry.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,763
    Options

Shadowstep should just be a distortion boon if you ask me the taking away scratch marks part is why I hate playing against it lol