DBD steam achievments

BHVR banning their players for cheating achievements is bogus, I mean It's not real. Do any dev or support confirmed any of it? People complaining about being banned for achievements are more likely banned from different reasons and just finding an excuse. Lately DBD released another gimmick of grabbing more dough from its playerbase by releasing new dlc packages and the other day a friend of mine knowing that I bought all dlcs and completed all achievements clean before right until the release of Alien DLC wanted my opinion on if he should get the new dlc packages so he can rack up more achievements from dlc content, I said I'm not sure how to answer it since I will not recommend spending anything more for the game and one of main reasons why I quit DBD is achievement related in the first place.

Back then, most people is saying how DBD achievement cheating is bannable so "March" of last year I started reporting a user to BHVR support. I provided full proof, links and screenshots of blatant unlocking of all achievements since 2018(so it wouldn't make sense if they just changed the rule recently) also has like "2hrs on record" playtime having all achievements unlocked. I try to update my reports the following months after new achievements has been added on DBD while the so called user is still updating his unlocking cheats too. All I got are useless responses of the usual thanks for reporting and we will try to do something necessary, it went on for months with a few report updates and I know they haven't done any punishments since I am still seeing the user doing what he is doing and no gameban seen from his steam account. I actually got fed up and ask BHVR If they actually ban players for doing that and support refused to give an answer. I mean I didn't have much problem spending a lot buying all DLC's and spending hundred of hours getting all those achievements the clean and right way because I enjoyed the challenge and the process despite it being the very least of the concern about the game considering the flaws and balancing on DBD has always been neglected.

So almost a year has passed and I still see the same user unlocking chevos after every major update, I mean I wouldn't give a damn if it isn't really a violation but there is no clarification so I would only assume that it isn't real or just typical BHVR support not giving value to it's customer base time and effort hence no action has been made for my reports. I wouldn't have really stayed playing the game either way since the achievements is the main reason I tolerated every hateable aspect of the game and its changes. I'm not salty about this anymore since I lost all desire DBD related a while ago, just sharing the info for awareness. Have a nice day everyone!

TLDR: BHVR doesn't ban achievement cheaters and yes I kept proofs of the evidence I've submitted before

Comments

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,741

1: How do you prove to a 3rd party that someone is cheating achievements?

2: Isn't this at least partly a platform thing, not a BHVR thing?

3: Achievements are totally personal, unlike other types of cheats they don't impact anyone else. So I wouldn't be in anyway surprised had both an incredibly low priority and incredibly high standard of proof for accusations like this.

• batistaslampower
    batistaslampower Member Posts: 5
    edited January 13

said user has a public profile so anyone can see if provided the link which I also did when I reported it. 2hrs of gameplay with 100% achievements unlocked at the same time and lack of DLC's doesn't need figuring out. I provided plenty of proof of that. And as I've said, I don't care that much for it if anyone wants to cheat achievements but DBD has this reputation of banning achievement cheaters so is that all myth and hearsay? I shared this for people who value things like that and lacking the information about it as well because if some people actually got banned for the same reason then it just means some reports are getting no action even with complete proofs. I'm not like other achievement hunters that are too strict about these things even tho I once 100% it already, If people want to do it then do it as long as it is not punishable right?

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,741

DBD has this reputation of banning achievement cheaters so is that all myth and hearsay?

It's the first I've ever heard of it.

The forums have rules against talking about hacks so I'll try to be careful on my wording: did some quick research, I suspect BHVR thinks its a Steam issue, and Steam doesn't seem to care that much. In the future that might change, and modifying files always has the potential to suddenly be caught by the anti-cheat, but that's about it.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,315
    edited January 13

I feel like a lot of the time a fresh account with 100% achievements will be doing a lot more than using achievement unlocker tools. A lot of the time when I see accs like that they also have cheated Legacy cosmetics and such, which is absolutely bannable. Not to mention that once they do that, it gets more and more likely they have other Funny Software on their system as well.

Achievement unlocking in itself is something I honestly can't remember any game banning for? Every time I've heard of something that might be related to that, it has always been user error while using the tools that allow that kinda achievement unlocking in the first place, or some variant of "Valve pls unban it was my brother that cheated" where they toootally just used achievement unlockers and not full blown cheat clients (spoiler: they did a lot more than achievement unlock)

• The_Yosh
    The_Yosh Member Posts: 152

I have some questions. Why is this bothering you so much? Is it because of the perceived unfairness, or something else?

I have an example of this. I completed all of my killer and survivor adept achievement before the change to the emblem system. I would say it was much harder in the past, as you essentially needed to double pip. Currently, you only need to escape as survivor and get a 4k as killer. Should I be bothered that other people are now able to obtain achievements much easier? Also, how does someone else having achievements on their Steam profile affect me?

I implore you to look inward for the answer to some of these questions. It seems you are hyper fixated on this, and it is causing you some distress. 😊

• batistaslampower
    batistaslampower Member Posts: 5

There are only a few steam games that is known to enforce the cheating achievement bans and that is tf2, payday at some point and dbd(if its even real) You are gettin me wrong...I have quite a number of friends who cheese achievements too but I don't hate them. The person I reported has thousands of games and is using achievement unlocker for almost all his games, what's bothering me is DBD has been known to many for strict achievement rules and yet he heeds no caution or making an exception against breaking the rule even with DBD. As I've said, I only share this for awareness on certain things. To me personally, it doesn't bother me as much as some people I interact with as I came from a community that appreciates achievement hunting and if you aren't capable of empathy then yes many people actually care about certain things.

Second that is not a good comparison, I also did all the adept achievements when it was way harder too and that does not even come close to a person using achievement unlock with 1 button and zero DLC purchases. And please spare me the snide petty sarcasm(Well It's a DBD community/forum so it's to be expected). I am unlike most achievement hunters. I do it just to challenge myself and not compare myself to others so it doesn't affect me as much as you thought. I'm more unhappy with the time I spent with the reports with BHVR in the past, no actions was done but neither was any clarifications about the questions regarding the rules on what is allowed and what is forbidden.

and to other people comin here ,I couldn't provide the links of the profile and screenshots because I don't know if it is allowed and clearly I respect rules. lastly why did I even bothered comin here, what did I expected. Oh well, I guess its fine as I may not visit any DBD related in the near future anyhow and ye have a nice day everyone

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,524

Pretty sure this isn't up to BHVR but is a steam issue

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,409

Oh yea, using a third party hack to unlock achievements instantly is way different.

• The_Yosh
    The_Yosh Member Posts: 152

Apologies, my post was not intended to be snide or sarcastic. I was responding to the fact you had basically said you stalked this person's profile for over a year.

I'm sure you "aren't like other achievement hunters", and you are only doing it for yourself, and yet here we are...

Anyway, this conversation has devolved from me trying to provide some insight, and help you overcome it, into something I don't want to be involved in.

Have a great life! 😊

• Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 1,024
    edited January 15

As someone who was around when achievement hacking starting becoming a thing in DbD back in 2016, I can confirm that at least at that point in DbD's history, you would indeed get banned if the devs found out you hadhacked your Steam achievements for the game.

If that is still the case nowadays I don't know.