Dead Hard buff

Options

Dead Hard honestly became useless now because we can only use it twice per game. Seeing as it can only be used after hook, why can’t it at least have a dash like the old one or at least make it so that we can get it back after the exhaustion?

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

I'd say it's more of a one-time use perk. Once you use it then the killer should remember you have it and then bait swing and that's the perk gone. It also doesn't help that if you get hit immediately off hook all the anti-tunneling perks aren't usable, dead hard included.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 15
    Options

I‘m all for the return of dash DH. It was such a cool perk and shouldn‘t gotten removed, only some kind of nerf or they should have buffed the anti exhaustion perks.

It‘s just stupid that you can‘t even try to train it as beginner, because you have only two tries which almost always end up missing. At least it should have two stacks which can be used after the exhausting runs out again.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    edited January 15
    Options

The problem is most of the perks are simple number changes, but the devs refuse to just change them. I think I could fix most perks in one day by just changing numbers and some unwanted negative effects.

• BlightedTrapper
    BlightedTrapper Member Posts: 332
    Options

It really is frustrating how much they drag their feet with perk changes. I've been begging them to buff Pharmacy, Wake Up, and Mettle of Man for ages.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,257
    edited January 16
    Options

The fact that 1-2 on demand endurance hits a game doesn't sound like a strong enough perk just sounds wrong. It was and still is one of the strongest effects in the game to take a hit and not go down and the fact that perks like mettle of man have massive drawbacks just to have easy usage of this effect is telling that a perk that lets you take a risk ~2 times per match to get them with no investment other than just having the perk is crazy strong in the right hands. Saying it should have a dash like it used time (assumedly on top of endurance) or have even more uses after its active is way to much.

If you consider the 1v1 sure it might not feel massive to get an extra hit for another 15s of chase an average survivor might get but in the 4v1 that is a massive time gain from 1 use of 1 perk and thats on an average survivor now imagine a competent survivor or a team all using it 1 chase 3 hits and 3 gens gone hit and run doesn't matter since they all get 2 hits anyway while injured so no point in healing only mending, that or just use it safely to a pallet or window and extend the chase instead with no risk, nope its barely fine as is doesn't need any buffs.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 626
    Options

so bring back the old dh? with no downsides?

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,160
    Options

the perk is pretty good but the problem is that killer can hit you and put you on deep wound if they tunnel. only small buff i would give to the perk is to make ignore a hit instead of tank a hit like Mettle of man. This means that even if you are in deep wound, you can still use DH.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,257
    edited January 16
    Options

Thats a much bigger buff then you think it is, since then you can pair it up with plenty of other items and effects to have long streaks of multiple perk triggers and effects, for the most egregious example you could us DH, DS, Off the record, and a styptic, you theoretically could, use OTR endurance buy time and not let them wait out endurance, go down after your 2 hits, use DS, get up and get more chase time, use DH the next time they would land a hit, no deep wound effect, and then use the medkit for icing on the cake and another hit to extend the chase even more.

And even at worst its still a huge buff since the little bit of extra time a killer might gain if DH forces them to give up a chase no longer gives the killer 12s of mending time on that survivor.

It doesn't need that buff not in the slightest especially since effectively can use it like that just running an anti-tunneling perk which already has perfect synergy with it. And it would just make the combos egregious, theres a reason deep wound applies to endurance perks we had a whole ptb of taking 5 hits to go down this effectively does the same thing.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,160
    Options
  • DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675
    Options

Perk is fine, if you look at the stats it is STILL one of the most used survivor perks at around a 10% usage rate. So its honestly fine as is and can act as a bit of a trump card since killers don't play around it like they used to.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 3,013
    Options

Not useless. Just requires precise timing. It has been a top perk since it released. It does not need a buff.

• Orthane
    Orthane Member Posts: 393
    Options

DH is still one of the best perks in the game. It doesn't need a buff.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 656
    Options

Same. Thankfully not as often as when it was broken af, but still once every 2-3 matches, which is often enough.

I play it as survivor with my "protection hits" build, and I find it fair.

• Hadji
    Hadji Member Posts: 11
    Options

Off the record can be used twice per game, DH can be used on command and cannot be disabled by exit gates being powered or working on gens or altruistic actions, heck I don't know what you're talking about, I still see this perk being used in every match I play, useless he says, It's literally an extra health state, TWICE.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,499
    edited January 18
    Options

Ditto, every time I eat a Dead Hard, I lambast myself for being too lazy to check it... only to forget and get caught again a few games later xD

Definitely not a useless perk.

• LazyClown
    LazyClown Member Posts: 171
    Options

If you think it's useless you're pretty low level, the perk wins trials. You are just going to have to get better with it.