Do you agree that Déjà vu is getting quite terrifying?

Options
OneGoodBoyDemo
OneGoodBoyDemo Member Posts: 409
edited January 20 in General Discussions

It is well known that the Déjà vu buff is a bandaid fix for the 3-gen solution and now that a plausible solution is coming, I have this feeling that perhaps the speed buff should be reversed.

I know that a good part of the community thinks this perk is not as good as it seems but I have seen the use of this perk increasing more and more and my experience as a veteran player at a high rank has been quite negative.

I'm realizing that the resilience and déjà vu combo is getting very frustrating in high ranks because if we're being honest, experienced players don't care about being injured and generators are being repaired very quickly.

I just had a match with 4 survivors using this combo and well... you can already imagine the result.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'd like to know your opinion on this perk!

Comments

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 1,823
    Options

As Survivor, I also will run it with Prove Thyself and Resilience.

I play Killer exclusively at night and I see it at least once, sometimes twice per match.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    Options

so we are having very different matches, not that there is anything wrong, but 90% of my matches have at least one or two survivor using déjà vu.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,769
    Options

It's good for finding gens, particularly on indoor maps, and helping with pinpointing which gen should be prioritised. Especially with some gens practically appearing right next to each other nowadays. That's the most useful thing about it. The 6% speed i could take or leave, I wouldn't care if they removed that.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I thought it was the permanent aura reading that was the buff—not the bonus speed to repairing generators. I guess it depends on which version we’re talking about. If the devs reverse any part of its buff it should be what they most recently buffed (the permanent aura reading, the repair percent bonus was just 1% between the last two versions). Otherwise, it’s just nerfing the perk back to uselessness.

• OneGoodBoyDemo
    Options

let's be realistic, old deja vu was already a decent information perk, it lasted 1 minute every time a generator was completed, no one uses this perk nowadays because of the information but because of the speed buff.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

I believe they raised it by 1% per tier as well as the permanent aura.

I'd also like to note the buff was pretty much stated to be a bandaid until 3-gen was settled and fixed.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,902
    Options

Your talking about current survivor meta. 4 deja vu is already common. the teams that give me most trouble as killer are deja vu teams. deja vu has been terrifying ever since its buff for gen-rushing.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,769
    Options

So if they reverted it back to 5% speed boost instead of 6%, you think people would stop using it?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

It should be reverted to its 6.1.0 state now that 3-genning is being addressed.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

It's not individually strong, but it is definitely a more reliable addition to gen rush builds than Hyperfocus or Fast Track.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,677
    Options

It sounds more like Resilience is the issue from your scenario.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,314
    Options

Not really. It's a fairly minor gen speed increase which you're not always going to be able to take advantage of. Stacked with Prove and Resi I guess it starts to actually be more useful but that's not Deja Vu at that point, that's three perks that all have different requirements to work.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368
    Options

I'm too lazy to go looking, but I do remember a dev post about the buffs to Deja Vu being a 'fix' to help with 3-genning. The aura/repair boost was no longer on a timer with a very minor increase to repair speed. I remember this so well because I laughed at the thought that a 1% speed boost was going to counter a Killer stacking regression and camping a 3-gen from the start, aura permanence or not.

The perk was borderline trash tier before those changes. The 60 seconds to work on a gen seems generous until you consider travel time, etc. and the fact that the perk did not activate again until a gen was completed to reveal the potentially new 3 gen and that multiple gens popping around the same time severely limited the perk's usage. Pre-latest-buff Deja Vu did very little and while the buffs might have been laughable at countering a 3 gen, at least the perk has some decent use now. Decent, but by no means OP.

IDC if the 1% buff gets removed, but if the aura reading goes to being on a timer, the perk will go back to being well below mediocre.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,086
    Options

The maximum the perk can save is 10sec, and Im being generous. Means killer leave that survivor for 180sec sitting on Gen for that to happen. Which only happens if killer just tunneling someone else.

• ChucksterMainin
    ChucksterMainin Member Posts: 34
    Options

yeah you can change the Deja Vu once the slow down stop stacking, Pain Res + Pop is the stupidest ######### ever

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 876
    edited January 20
    Options

It's being used more because every map now has multiple instances of two generators being a stones throw from each other and literally within sight of each other. If they change that I guarantee you'll see less DV.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,417
    Options

Nope, not at all.

What is terrifying is how horrible is this perk, also very thanks to Deja Vu.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

Honestly while I personally think Deja Vu could be fine reverted, even if it goes back to the original version it will still be a better perk than this one. Or really, any perk that highlights gens aside maybe rookie spirit if the gen regressing is at 80% or something. And let's not forget, these are mainly geared towards soloQ.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    Options

Its a totally overhyped perk. Its not strong. Its just some beginner perk. The speedboost is neglctable.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,778
    Options
  • Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

What do you mean with "at high rank"? You mean at high level? Because this game has no ranking system