Win conditions need an overhaul

steamed_hamzzz
steamed_hamzzz Member Posts: 248
edited January 22 in Feedback and Suggestions

A while ago the devs revealed the win conditions for both sides and what determines MMR

For killer a win was ‘one kill’, and for survivor a win was ‘escape through the exit gate’

this creates all kinds of problems when it comes to matchmaking and doesn’t accurately reflect skill

a killer who 8 hooks every survivor, has everyone on death hook but doesn’t secure a kill is still more skilled than a killer who gets 1 kill endgame after being looped for 5 gens

Additionally, a survivor who loops a killer all game, takes multiple protection hits, gets multiple stuns and flashlights saves but dies at the end after securing an escape for the rest of the team is more skilled than the player who hides all game and gets a solo escape after everyone else dies

I think the MMR system needs an overhaul to better reflect this, because right now it feels like you get 1 kill as a killer you barely play and the next game you’re paired against seal team 6. Or you die as a survivor after saving your whole team and next game you get paired with bots who self care in the corner for 30 minutes, making escaping even harder

Comments

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 418
    edited January 22

That survivor who loops the killer for five gens and dies while the rest escapes has been dealt with, they introduced "team-based MMR" with the Knight chapter and the dev update said in this case when you're the only one getting killed you lose almost no MMR.

Whether a killer gets one kill or no kills shouldn't make a big difference, if the killer got one kill he still lost three games (against the other survivors) and most likely loses some MMR, I can't imagine how losing MMR from getting one kill could lead to instantly being matched with sweat squads.

The whole system isn't about measuring skill, it's about coming up with games that give you a fair chance to get an average number of escapes/kills.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,646

The above comment is correct, but I'd also like to add on that the win conditions existed first and the MMR is based on them, not the other way around.

Pet peeve of mine when people act like the game didn't have a win condition until MMR.

I'd also like to highlight that one game isn't really going to swing your MMR too aggressively in any game, it's about your win/loss ratio over time. If you're facing crazy matches after a match you lost by getting a single kill, something else is going wrong with the matching portion of the MMR system.