We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Please stop nerfing killer perks

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,234

That’s fair! I get distorted on here but I promise I mean no harm. I’m just trying to help. I’m a really level headed individual in all honesty.

I have lots of ideas and thoughts but soler people on here get so hostile. :(

As if it’s just their game. It’s my game toooooooo lol 💕

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

We know from previous stats compared to NL, that NL stats are not accurate. In reality, killrates are probably 5% higher.

• xEa

I completly agree. STBFL is only really a good perk on M1 killers and they could need some extra help in chase compared to M2's.

• TSQuint
    TSQuint Member Posts: 88

They should stop nerfing, buffing, reworking, and releasing everything for at least 6 months and let the game breathe. There's no way to tell if anything is actually working as intended when there's a new chapter every quarter and PTB every 3 weeks.

• Moman624
    Moman624 Member Posts: 106

It does not favor killers when they are nerfed 24/7. A 5th perk slot for killers would be wonderful, but then Because someone might lose a game or two, of course there going to yap, huge early example right here

• Moman624

Bhvr always listening to survivors and making unesassary changes, but killers say something and everybody yaps. Smh

• Moman624

If survivors are dying it's because there probably new since there's Alot of new people and older players leaving.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited January 22

You never explained it at all.

A multi-page post where I, again, explained it to you in all ways possible says the contrary. And yet, you still doesn't know what average means.

And with that, I don't have anything more to tell you here. Yet again, go read that post where you had all the explanation you need and if you still doesn't understand it, as it was then: It's on you.

• Batusalen

Yes, 2.4 kill per match on average to be exact. Which in terms of MMR means killers wins 40% of their games (3K), while survivors also win 40% of their games (Escapes in 40% of matches).

The key here is that just as the game, MMR is not symmetrical. Killers need a 3K to win, survivors only need to escape themselves to win. The only exception is the "draw" condition, as even if a survivor draw with the killer (in other words, escape through the hatch) in game counts as a full escape even if their MMR doesn't move.

Some people doesn't understand that, just as what happens in fighting games (a genre DbD have a lot in common in terms of balancing, among other things) even if you get to a perfect 5/5 winrate between two characters at high skill play in terms of balancing, there is no possible way of physically guarantee that everytime those two characters play against each other they would always grant their users a 50% win rate because a lot of factors (including the skill of such users).

That's why you have to center your attention on the mathematical average, which again, in DbD is a 60% kill rate on average, which would mean a 40% winrate on average for everybody, as for the killer the MMR works as a "1v4" where you have to kill at least 3 rivals to wins, but for survivors the MMR works as a "1v1", where you only need to escape by yourself to win.

In other words, if in high MMR there is a 39% escape rate that means that yes, the game is killer sided but just by a 1% more kill rate on average than it should.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I think it's more nuanced than that, as you keep saying wins and losses which is an entirely personal perception.

I will agree with your larger point, although I feel the game should trend towards 50 instead of 60, as you need to account for Hatch escapes, which is hardly a win.

• Batusalen
    edited January 22

No, I explain to you things in detail and then you proceed to simply ignore 90% of what I said and start twisting the other 10% with mental gymnastics and fallacies.

That's what usually happens with you, as was demonstrated in that other post (and any other were you have posted, especially the one where I pointed every single fallacy you said) were I already explained to you everything I had to explain about this topic.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,715

Nah. Killers have some pretty nutty perks at the moment.

Pop is pretty decent, Surge is still good, Pain Res and Deadlock are no brainers, Corrupt Intervention is arguably the strongest perk in the game (although I personally prefer Lethal Pursuer), UW hasn't been nerfed (which is genuinely surprising considering the mass of complaints), Grim Embrace is getting a buff... I really don't know what more you could ask for.

There is at least 1 good perk for every situation. Anti healing? Sloppy. Info? UW. Slowdown? Yeah, we've got plenty of that. Chase? STBFL is pretty good (although this one gets the wrong nerf).

• Pulsar
  • Batusalen
    edited January 22

To the point where it's not applicable.

So, a model that has being used in the fighting game genre for years to balance their characters is not applicable? Damn! Call Capcom and Namco, they had being doing balancing wrong all this time.

And just with that, just because you still doesn't understand and don't know what it's being talked about but still want to prove me wrong somehow, it's how you start saying things that doesn't make any sense.

• Batusalen
    edited January 22

"The only exception is the "draw" condition, as even if a survivor draw with the killer (in other words, escape through the hatch) in game counts as a full escape even if their MMR doesn't move."

I never said that the system is perfect. In fact, in my opinion the hatch should be removed from the game and survivors only able to either win or lose.

• xEa

I just had 2 rounds back to back against a Nurse with

• Dead man's switch
    • Ultimate Weapon
    • Pain res
    • X

I DONT THINK IT IS A GOOD IDEA TO STOP NERFING KILLER PERKS! NOT AT ALL!

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,798

Exactly.

I hope they cancel the change before the patch hits live, it is not needed.

• Batusalen

A fighting game doesn't have a binary outcome, it has 3: Win, Draw, Lose.

How many outcomes the MMR system have, again? Oh yes, 3: Win, draw and lose!

That's the only outcomes that you are interested about. If you want to make mental gymnastics about the 0K to the 4K and how funnily enough the mathematical truth and fact that is "a kill rate of 40%, or 1.6 kills per match [...] resulting in an average winrate of 0%" is "an obviously extremely improbably scenario" somehow when that's exactly what an average means, just because you want to prove me wrong and you don't know how, yet again: It's on you.

Here is the abridged explanation:

Everyone understood it, you are still saying things like "Killer winrate can only be taken from the percentage of 3Ks and 4Ks, NOT from the kill rate." without obviously knowing what AVERAGE means yet, even after 2 pages of a post in the day where I explained it to you in detail.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,303

How many outcomes the MMR system have, again? Oh yes, 3: Win, draw and lose!

But we're not talking about the MMR system, are we? We're talking about the kill rate.

Again: Your model only incorporates TWO outcomes. There are FIVE. Which is why your model diverges from reality to such an extreme degree. The MMR does not distinguish between a 0K and a 1K, or a 3K and a 4K, but the killrate does. Thus, the 4K, even though to the MMR it is not a separate outcome, still influences the relationship between killrate and winrate. This is the part that you are missing. This is your blind spot. As illustrated by:

That's the only outcomes that you are interested about. If you want to make mental gymnastics about the 0K to the 4K and how funnily enough the mathematical truth and fact that is "a kill rate of 40%, or 1.6 kills per match [...] resulting in an average winrate of 0%" is "an obviously extremely improbably scenario" somehow when that's exactly what an average means, just because you want to prove me wrong and you don't know how, yet again: It's on you.

You still do not grasp that your model mandates 0 wins on any kill rate below 50%. Not as an incidental thing, but as a hard-lined rule.

Your model states that in any dataset where the killer has a killrate below 50%, there cannot be a single trial recorded with 3 or more kills.

Otherwise the average would not be 0%.

Take a dataset of 1000 matches, with a total kill count of 1999. How high do you consider the probability that in those 1000 matches, not even -one- had more than 2 kills?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

My kill rate around 80% , my survivor escape rate around 30%

Yeah such a survivorside game lol. Plus i am just doing fine with 4 perks, 5 perks would break the game.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176
    edited January 22

This game isn't survivor sided. How could you even think that w/ common sense, when the matches require 4 teammates to play well together & a killer just relies on themself? When have you ever gone on a survivor winstreak by yourself in PUGs? Have you seen any actual winstreaks by anyone not running coordinated SWFs like streamers? The craziest winstreaks ALL come from the killer side. Why is that? If they have such a hard time winning, you'd think people hitting 1000+, let alone 300+ winstreaks wouldn't be a thing.

I genuinely don't understand how anyone can objectively say this is survivor sided. Reminds me of Pre-nerf Eruption & some of the killer mains trying to defend the 25second incap on a 30second CD.

• Batusalen
    edited January 22

Me: "Yes, 2.4 kill per match on average to be exact. Which in terms of MMR means killers wins 40% of their games (3K), while survivors also win 40% of their games (Escapes in 40% of matches)."

You: "But we're not talking about the MMR system, are we?" followed by yet more mental gymnastics.

Have I to say anything more? That's how you work. Again, ignore 90% of what has being said, twist the last 10% with wrong logic until you can form an strawman fallacy to use as an argument. That's it. That's why I simply stop answering to your nonsense most of the time, because my only options are start pointing out each fallacy and faulty logic you use until you start being coherent or give up or simply ignore you and let you say whatever you want.

I'm going to just comment on one thing:

You still do not grasp that your model mandates 0 wins on any kill rate below 50%. Not as an incidental thing, but as a hard-lined rule.

It's not my model, I don't mandate anything, that's how AVERAGES WORKS. It's a mathematical fact! If a win is 3K or up and a killer does ON AVERAGE only 2K, it means that ON AVERAGE he doesn't win any game! ON AVERAGE! A simple concept yet so far from your grasp that you still says nonsense because of it. That, or you twist it on purpose so yet again, you can make some kind of strawman + ad hominem against me because "It's you who doesn't understand my twisted logic, so you are at fault here".

Either way, time to chose option 2.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749
    edited January 22

idk what all the nerd stuff going on here is but it's almost a factual statement that this game is swf sided if they are above a certain skill level and then killer sided; any opinion stating otherwise should be disregarded.

• Firellius

It's not my model

It IS your model. It is what YOU use to come to the conclusions you do.

that's how AVERAGES WORKS

It is not. It is very clearly not. For all the reasons I have specified. You fail to grasp this.

If a win is 3K or up and a killer does ON AVERAGE only 2K, it means that ON AVERAGE he doesn't win any game! ON AVERAGE!

And this is where the problem is screaming in your face and you don't understand it.

An average of zero in an environment without any negative values MUST mean that there is NO value above zero.

If they don't win any game 'on average', that MUST mean that they win NO game, EVER. That there is NO possibility for there to be a win, at all.

I ask you again to think about this scenario and what it means for your model:

Among a dataset of a thousand matches, the killer scores 1999 kills. What do you think the probability is that in those thousand matches, not a single one resulted in anything more than a 2K? Not -one-!

• Moman624

You must die to him all the time. Smh

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Nah, i am acting like i am winning most of my killer games. And that's also correct most of killers as well. All rates are favoring killers.

All of your suggestions would just kill the game. Because all of them will make game unplayable for other side. And the question is why survivors will play your game when they have zero fun and zero chance to win?

Exception of top SWFs, i doubt most of people even would touch to play Survivor lol.

• Pulsar

I don't play Killer too much anymore, as that's all I play with DBD but I haven't lost on a non-meme build since Alien.

Now, I've probably only played 250-400 games in that time, far less than what I used to average, but it's not insignificant.

That's mostly why I'm losing interest. Survivor is miserable, Killer is just not challenging FOR ME anymore and the designs are getting boring.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,862
    edited January 23

You have to keep in mind that BHVR counts the killer getting a single kill as being a win...which the community has generally completely disagreed on. The community has generally come to a consensus that we count a 3K as a killer win. Those "win rates" that BHVR posts are a 1K+

• Moman624

Playing killer honestly gets boring when you can't do fun builds cause they get nerfed

• BoxGhost
    BoxGhost Member, Mod Posts: 1,355

Hello! A reminder to please keep comments civil and respectful. Thank you!

• Firellius

BHVR never posted winrates to my knowledge. The winrates I'm referring to are the percentage of matches that result in a 3K or 4K, as presented by Nightlight, so we're talking about the same 'wins'.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 663

I'm around there as well.

I dnt even play well, my perks play for me as killer.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,715

Do we know that hatch escapes are considered escapes when it comes to kill rates? I really am not sure how this is counted because at least in terms of MMR it counts as neither a win or loss.

• Firellius

Hatch is not counted for MMR, but I do think its influence is still considered when talking about kill rates. I wager Nightlight at least does not consider whether an escape was a hatch or not.

• Batusalen

And what perks are those? Just curious, because with my main it's just sweaty after sweaty match so I would love to use those perks that allow me to do nothing like I'm in low MMR playing against SoloQs with no game sense at all...

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 172

Nightlight counts hatches as escapes. If you specify that you gave a survivor hatch, it counts as a kill.

• Pulsar

I think it's very rare that only one person gets out through a gate, so yes, I think Hatch Escapes are counted in the kill rate.

• Firellius

So it distinguished between an earned hatch and a given hatch, huh? Interesting.

This discussion has been closed.