Dead by Daylight Lights Out Trailer Revealed

Options
MikaelaWantsYourBoon
MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
edited January 26 in Feedback and Suggestions

I hope this mod makes game more fun, we need it. I was hoping for 5 v 5 mod but i will take anything fresh.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I don’t get it?

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Looks cool!

• Nathan13
    Options

But is the objective the same? I don’t understand how the lights work.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 621
    Options
  • MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

We have to wait Jan 30 for details. Trailer does not tell us what we will need to do, it's just shows how it will look.

• RFSa09
    Options

Looks really cool, not something that will ´´change the game forever´´ but it´s nice 😀

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,542
    Options

I hate games and movies that are too dark. I mean I guess I'll try a game or two to see if this is fun, but I have my doubts.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,636
    Options

Seems like it's literally just dredge's nightfall but the killer can't see scratch marks and the map isn't illuminated for them. Honestly, that sounds incredibly underwhelming but maybe (hopefully) there's more to it.

• Nathan13
    Options

I mean we’ve only seen a small portion of it so it still might be fun.

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 184
    Options

OMG... Nintendo Switch players will suffer a lot🤣

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 632
    Options

Ok but, what about filters? the light will turns on back with them

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,403
    Options

I think it's a substantial reduction of the drawing distance of the environment. Filters won't help you there.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

That is pretty cool, I like the idea.

But I do wonder what happens if you play Dredge. Or how this is going to look on Freddy's Dream World.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Gonna be running this mod as much as possible b/c the current atmosphere of maps absolutely sucks & this brings the 'horror' element back. Glad they're doing this finally.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,019
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. Isn't that the 1 thing about Dredge's power that survivors basically universally hate. It's weird seeing ppl excited about it.

• BubMickey07
    BubMickey07 Member Posts: 287
    Options

ghosty will be fun af to play as/against

• Foempticol
    Foempticol Member Posts: 232
    Options

We still have to hang on a hook not being able to do anything at all... I want the hook mechanic removed, it's so boring

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,572
    edited January 26
    Options

Looks absolutely boring.

Was hoping for a game mode that actually changed the way we played the game, like 5v5, giant, zombie infection or just anything that just changes the main way gameplay enough to actually spice things up and not just be ''same game mode but with this little twist added'' or ''Copy and paste Dredge's Nightfall for everyone to be affected and call it a day''.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

ugh, Ghostface matches🫣😭

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

I'm good with anything new in this game. Hope there will no scratch marks and TR, and it will be literally mode I've been dreaming about.

• LordGlint
    Options

Think aura reading will work? I'm thinking scratched mirror Myers on normal maps...

• LordGlint
    Options

How would you implement that? Do survivors just die? The hooks work as afew things all at once. It's not only health states, but also a time out while also giving an objective to teammates who have to unhook you. Quite abit of the game/perks wouldn't work if it was discarded.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited January 26
    Options

I am already down for a future extremly rare offering which triggers the Lights Out event. At least the Art Style aspect of it.

• StereoGang
    StereoGang Member Posts: 79
    Options

I'm really interested to see how it's going to play !

I have always been upset to see that new reworked maps were too bright, loosing their sinister mood when getting reworked (and that's when they were not during actual daylight). While it's not exactly the same, at least we get something darker that has the deep and black fog which is always mention in lore.

It looks both eerie and unnatural, which is kinda what DBD's world should look like imo. I'm definitively going to look forward this !

• saym
    saym Member Posts: 82
    Options

It is really a pity. There have been suggestions for new game modes on the forums in the past, but why did they choose this mode, which is the most boring? We have already experienced this mode with Dredge and it is not interesting. Also, the fact that it's dark means it's not suitable for streaming, and it won't be exciting for streaming.

- 5v5 - 

• Two teams of 4 Survivors and 1 Killer face off to control the Generators

• Capture the Generators by moving Generator progress towards you team’s side in a tug of war gameplay

- 2v8 Party -

• 2 Killers against 8 Survivors

• Hooks are removed, but Cages of Atonement prevail

- Hide and Seek -

• No Generators

• No Hooks, only Moris when downed

• Stay alive for 5 minutes to escape through the exit gates

• Auras are revealed every couple of seconds

- Tag -

• A random Survivor is picked to be the Killer

• Down a player to swap roles

• Survivor 5 minutes and Escape

- Zombie Tag -

• A random Survivor is picked to be the Killer

• Down a player to swap roles

• Once a Survivor turns to a Killer, they cannot turn back

• Keep playing until only one Survivor remains 

- Swapped Perspective -

• Killers plays in third person, while Survivors play in first person.

- Deceivers -

• Survivors work together to complete tasks before one or more “Deceiver” can kill everyone without being discovered

• Played in rounds with voting in between

- Disgustingly Scary -

• The Fog is thicker and shrouded in darkness

- Luck of the Draw - 

• Start the game with randomized Perks and Items

- Giant -

• Sizes are altered! Killers are turned into giants, while Survivors become tiny

- Bumrush -

• More Generators spawn on the map

• Everyone moves at double speed

• Survivors have 3 lives from which they revive after a 20-second timer

- VIP -

• When the Obsession is killed, everyone dies

• Only the Obsession can open the gates for everyoneurvey to FINALLY get some alternatives to the stagnant, old and boring gameplay we have been used to for 7 very long years now.

Additionally, BHVR has said in the past that splitting the matching mode could split people up and slow down matching, and that they have no plans to split the matching mode into two: casual mode and ranked mode. However, now that the number of active users of DBD is decreasing, why do we divide the mode into two? If this is possible, it would be better to create an unranked mode and a ranked mode for a limited time, and give titles to the top players in the ranked mode, which would increase motivation.

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 343
    Options

The same concept in recent horror games like RE7, adjustments to Hue and Brightness to add the element of creepy and jumpscares to the max.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

common behavior W im hype!! This is just something to wet the beak before the other crazy modes.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,346
    Options

That is NOT how filters work, specially if they reuse dredges nightfall as it obscures your loading distance not your brightness, what might be percieved as obscure brightness is a hud thing that was implemented after dredge ptb, that even filters do not change.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,449
    Options

I'm hyped to play this. If it's fun i'll probably play dbd loads in the time it's available.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 606
    Options

I hope it's not just Dredge's darkness mechanic. That effect gives me a massive headache and I have to DC or take chances on hook to not have a severe migraine the rest of the night from it.

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 391
    Options

They did it because it was the easiest to implement, or because it was the most popular choice on the surveys (doubtful.) It was a mode I was not interested in at all of course.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,208
    Options

Limited?

As in time?

That would be awful because the trailer made me contemplate playing again.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,975
    Options

Just a small first look at what to expect:

Basically Survivors will be shrouded in Nightfall permanently (either that or there will be a new fog/mist effect used for this, but generally the same concept regardless, limited visibility).

Im honestly excited for this since I think the limited visibility will open up Killers to more stealth oriented playstyles instead of relying on regression, which means we could see a bit more build diversity. Either way, even if it is a simple gamemode, I like that it just mixes things up.

• ChucksterMainin
    ChucksterMainin Member Posts: 34
    Options

I dont believe this was one of the most voted game modes, there was just so many other betters ones listed.

I feel like they did this one because we know we can do it because of Dredge darkness

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,374
    Options

This could be an experiment to see if the game can support multiple game modes. Slapping together a limited time game mode sounds like a great way to check if multiple game modes can exist in this game at the same time.

• Beano744
    Beano744 Member Posts: 77
    edited January 26
    Options

This is gonna be awesome, can't wait to see what kind of modifiers they come out with in the future too!

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,187
    edited January 26
    Options

Oooh can’t wait 😊😈

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,262
    Options

If DbD could create enough alternative game modes to create a rotating cycle of them, even if it's just three modes and you get to play as one a month, that could add a lot to the game and help spice things up for the players who find the normal gameplay loop is getting stale.

If it's not too blinding, I'm interested in trying this one out.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    edited January 26
    Options

I hope it's not just Dredge's Nightfall and there's some more elements implemented to spice up the gameplay.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 307
    edited January 26
    Options

Why would a survivor ever want to play this?

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    edited January 26
    Options

Looks like the darkness applies to the Killer as well. It's not just a Survivor debuff haha.

• Lurkzerker
    Lurkzerker Member Posts: 12
    edited January 26
    Options

Not a debuff. Killer just use aura reading and scream perks like ultimate weapon. Then we have the add-ons that give aura reading outside of perks.

And worst of all is scratch Mirror Myers. Sweet christmas...

Wait a minute limited time modifier? So a FOMO game mode? Le sigh.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    edited January 26
    Options
  • KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,262
    Options

I really like the Nightfall ability for the Dredge. It'll be cool to see this idea implemented in the game. It'll make certain maps really scary like RPD and Midwich.

• RFSa09
    Options

they want to try something not that big like 2v8 to see how the matchmaking feels and if players actually want to play anything besides the classic 5 gens vs 12 hooks

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    edited January 26
    Options
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,376
    Options

Looks pretty good. I only hope that we won't have the same situation as in the GoJ main building again, where there will be areas that are pitch black. I am fine with the dark but if I can't make out the wall that I'm running into then that is an issue.