I'm sick of these unbeatable spirits.

Options
sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 535

Is beyond ridiculous, there is just nothing you can do, even while not injured, leaving no scratch marks, making absolutely no noise, they still know exactly where you are, and insta hit you coming out of her power, and of course once injured is already a dead sentence.

I'm sick of it, this killer is nothing but BS.

Comments

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562
    Options

agreed.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    Options

Yeah, Spirit is one of those killers that I know it's ggs for me from the start of the game. I've been running Shadow Step alot lately but even that has barely helped because my injury noises and pools of blood mean i get hit asap anyway. My brain is apparently not wired well enough to make sense of directional phasing either because I just really just take a guess at pallets lol

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082
    edited January 29
    Options

Run some heavy healing builds, the last thing you wanna be against a Spirit is injured and 99% of sweaty spirits will run sloppy butcher. When your non injured you have the 50/50 injured it’s all over.

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 307
    Options

Yeh its really hard to run spirit when injured. I would say play more stealthy if possible (obviously still doing gens) but don't just run straight away from a gen try and walk a little then run, giving her little information as possible. This won't work when injured though but best I could think of.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

It happened to me exactly where a spirit player knew exactly where I was and where my team was and she didn't make a mistake

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,792
    Options

Spirit is still one of those killers that’s extremely unfun to play against but she’s rare

• BabyCameron10
    BabyCameron10 Member Posts: 949
    Options

100% Agree. Especially when they are using the Dried Cherry Blossom add-on.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I havent seen spirit in so long, I have probably completely forget how to play vs her lol

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,170
    Options

You cant beat Spirit because she's super

To be fair I do against average Spirit better than Nurse. My way to juke her is to notice that she starts phasing, then walk to direction of 4 or 8 o'clock to keep the speed but not scratch mark. Then crouch so she cant hear the grunting.

Not working against good Spirit though.

I think it's the part of survivors problem nowaday. I started playing on Plague release (15th killer). The chance too play against each killer was ~6.7%

Now there are 34 killers. "Try to learn playing against X killer" before complaining. How do I learn playing against Twin when its been months not facing them? Half a year probably I played against 3 Artist. I would forgot how to draw if I dont do it for too long.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,638
    Options

Agreed. If the spirit has even a decent headset there is nothing you can do unless you have a conveniently placed god pallet or god window nearby

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,921
    Options

I tend to double back a lot and move erratically, which seems to help. It turns it into a guessing game but can make Spirits confused .

There are some areas where you're never going to win - especially out in the open - but that can be said for most Killers really.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

Actually modern day spirit its the opposite.

You have more information on the spirit, because the phase is directional and will tell you exactly where she is now, if you are injured then you have equal information.

• ChucksterMainin
    ChucksterMainin Member Posts: 34
    Options

what Spirit is easy to loop the amount that Dc'd on me, then again Im a Spirit main so i know the workings >_>

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 79
    edited January 29
    Options

I am sorry to say that but skill issue.

You can put off the spirit by playing in weird ways, i will not describe how, but you can search on youtube, or ask about it in the forums.

Not every spirit plays plum bossom, so there is counterplay, that addon is dumb anyway.

Edit :

You can walk, crouch, not walk in the grass and be in a good map. And find techs and weird plays to put her off, if you are predictable you will lose the chase.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

That directional phase only really matters from a distance. At short loops the sound sort of meshes together and at the end of the day shes still moving at almost twice your speed, which gives her a lot more room for error

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,560
    Options
  • Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,382
    Options

You’re probably facing the wrong way. For example, if you loop around an object counter-clockwise, and always look forward, then Spirit will be to your left regardless of where she is in the loop, which isn’t helpful at all.

You’re supposed to look towards the loop itself, so that the directional audio will actually be different, depending on which direction she is moving.

As a more advanced tactic, you would actually move your camera slightly left or right to confirm Spirit’s location. For example, if you think Spirit is looping counter-clockwise, and you are facing the loop, then you should move the camera to the right a bit, so that if Spirit really is going that direction, your camera is angled far enough that the directional audio will be fully on the left side.

• Shroompy
    Options

True, but there are some loops where this just doesnt really matter. Lots of filler loops that already require a read regardless of the killer is now HEAVILY in the Spirits favor since she can react to sound while the Survivor needs to guess using sound.

• bazarama
    bazarama Member Posts: 219
    Options

Blah blah blah

I don't want to play against Spirit.

I don't want to play against Nurse.

I don't want to play against Blight.

I don't want to play against Wesker.

I don't want to play against Chucky.

Enough already.

I don't play any of those killers (apart from thd odd game with Chucky) but even I'm sick and tired of entitled survivors expecting easy games and if not start screaming for nerfs.

It's a video game.

A game.

Pixels on a screen.

Get over it or do something else if you're that upset over a game.

I've been playing games since the original ZX Spectrum and I've never seen so much moaning about a game than dbd.

Everyone, including myself, is allowed to moan but it seems to be the same thing over and over from both sides and it's getting very tedious.

Game not going well and lose then so be it and on to the next game.

Who cares if you win or lose?

Nobody.

There's no reward for winning. No money, no medal, no pat on the back and the press aren't outside looking for your picture so take the loss and move on.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 245
    Options

You can't be good as a killer otherwise your killer is op and boring remember that kids i'm sure you've faced thousands of unbeatable comp 5k hour Spirits that there was nothing you could do about

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Yeah, there aren't as many Spirit players around as there used to be. I barely see her these days.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,096
    edited January 29
    Options

The biggest thing is forcing her to commit to longer phases where she has to choose a direction near the end of her charge. Preferably at a safe pallet.

Take her headset out of the equation and make it about the map. Can you get to shack during her phase? Pre-drop it and listen. Play a filler while she's on cooldown, then get to a safer tile and pre-drop that+listen if you can when her power comes back. But don't get caught up trying to trick her or juke her. Assume competence and make it about safe tiles.

You will lose more on a low percentage juke attempt vs holding W and tanking a hit to reach safety. She's not Nurse. She can't play a god window or a god pallet.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,023
    Options

It's always funny reading the posts about headsets once you know how ears in general work when figuring out direction.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,144
    Options

Sure, but you CAN outplay it, then when you do it takes a while to come back meanwhile she is a 110 killer with no power. she basically can't get hits outside of her power unless the survivor messes up horribly, in which case they deserve to get hit.

• Shroompy
    Options

Never said you couldnt, just said in most cases its still heavily in The Spirits

To be clear as well thats not a bad thing, the power is meant to be high risk high reward and its exactly that

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

^ this

I dont know about that, maybe my headphones are super good or my ears work very well, but i can tell pretty much always where she is during phase. That does not mean i can react always in time - it depends on which situation you are in.

Nevertheless, Spirit is still strong but compared to the old Spirit, she has a lot more counter play then she used to have (which was Spine Chill and a good connection to the Luck gods). In the past it was more of a guessing game for the survivor and even that would not really help to much.

• Shroompy
    Options

And thats exactly it. Sure you may know where she is, but even then you cant react to it most of the time.

Spirit is basically just as strong as she was prior to the change. What they did was just make her a lot less frustrating to go against since she gives feedback on what shes doing, whereas before you just had that little animation shift (which was/is unintended) to indicate shes phasing.

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 308
    Options

Dice Roll killer. Not much else to say.

Even the people who claim to like playing against her still get rolled when they encounter her IE: Ayrun.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 261
    Options

When I play as Spirit, I certainly struggle a lot more than I do with other killers, so it's not like she can't be countered. Watch some YouTube videos of good survivors going against Spirit to learn how to counter her.

Also, I hardly ever see Spirit anymore when I play as survivor. If she's that strong of a killer, why is nobody using her?

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Yeah, it's nothing like it was a few years ago, when it seemed like it was all Spirit, all the time.

Plus she's less annoying to face than used to be, on the rare occasion to draw a Spirit. I think that rarity/reduced familiarity is leading to some people's struggle.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Also, I hardly ever see Spirit anymore when I play as survivor. If she's that strong of a killer, why is nobody using her?

Probably because of her nerfs. Most players who were here at the time will probably agree that Spirit did need a nerf, but such changes often hurt a character's pick rate.

Her add-ons were also hit pretty hard. Some just didn't enjoy what she had to offer after the changes.

• Nazzzak
    Options

Some good advice, finally! See I basically always do the opposite and wait by the pallet, trying to work out which side I can stun her from to hopefully get to another tile. I'll try predropping instead.

• Nazzzak
    Options

She used to be very popular. Survivors also had a good counter in the form of old Iron Will. It made it easier to mindgame her, as you could double back on your pathing and confuse her by overlapping your scratch marks. Both Spirit and IW got a nerf. She's not seen as often now. I actually enjoyed going against her back then.