What survivor should I buy?

SoGo
SoGo Member Posts: 925

I currently have only the base cast and Plot Twist from the Shrine. So, which characters should be my priority? I was thinking of buying Mikaela, but idk.

I'm playing on soloQ

Comments

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 803

Base survivors have the best soloQ perks but I think maybe zarina for OTR and to avoid getting tunneled out

• AlphaYandere
    AlphaYandere Member Posts: 66

Mikaela ist defititly one of the best to buy in my opinion... also i would say kate because of WoO

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Most of the meta perks are available on the free/base survivors. Though which version do you have? Base characters vary between versions (Steam only has up to David King I think, while PS/Xbox have Min and others, Switch even has all up to Kate)

i would recommend looking into the survivor you like aesthetically the most as perks can be gotten from shrine and as said, most important ones are free.

If you are only looking for perks though if you are still new and don’t have her already, Kate is a great beginner character - Windows perk is great learning and still gives great info even on higher levels, Min is also a good choice with Lithe and Alert, even Technician can be useful if you struggle with skillchecks though its best to not rely on it.

Mikaela brings nice boon perks, not meta (anymore) but still nice to have - if you don’t overcommit on having them setup if the killer continuously breaks it. Also she has great selection of cosmetics in the store.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 845

Mikaela has some cool cosmetics but I don't think much of her perks. I think it very much depends on how you like to play.

Other than Feng, Zarina and Kate, you might consider Jeff, Adam, Felix or Yui.

Distortion from Jeff is very good if you like to be Stealthy. Adam has Deliverance if you want to be more self sufficient in Solo Q, since it lets you unhook yourself (Diversion is a silly but fun perk as well). Felix has Built to Last if you like to bring items to the trial. His other decent perk Desperate Measures is good for a healing build, especially if you face a lot of Legions or Sloppy Butcher Killers. And Yui has Lucky Break which is an underrated perk in my opinion, very good for stealth builds.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I bet otz has a video on this...

he does... not surprised, but it is 1 year old.

personally, just try to figure out which perks you would like to play with, see which survivors have them, and make a priority list based on your own preference for them.

I like quick and quiet a lot, which is megs.

I also like inner strength. which is from nancy.

and overzealous from haddie.

so honestly if I only ever bought nancy, haddie, yui and kate I would be perfectly happy (assuming the other perks I use every now and again appeared on the shrine)

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,205

Nancy Wheeler. I have Terrormisu that I only share with her, my love, the most gorgeous 😍 young woman ever born.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,205

I'm on Switch, I literally thought up to Kate was base for everyone.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

id say:

zarina (off the record and for the people)

adam (deliverance)

felix (desperate measures and built to last)

jeff (all of his perks are solid)

kate (Windows of Opportunity to help learn tiles)

although id just recommend getting characters you find aesthetically pleasing, the base cast has some of the best perks in the game anyway

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,737

Zarina, off the record is an amazing perk.

Kate, you'll basically either never touch windows or use it in every build.

If you're new and playing the game for the long haul but don't want to spend money, characters and killers go on sale for half off twice a year IF they keep to the past years (anniversary and halloween). It is unknown if the characters selling for 4500 right now will be halved. That's six months away though, so it depends on your patience.

If the above is true, don't touch the shrine except for licensed perks. I bought a few perks from the shrine when I first started playing, but I ended up acquiring those characters with shards anyway.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Hard to say, fr, with so many perks getting nerfed

Mikaela and Zarina, cosmetically, are two of my faves; plus I really, separately, enjoy their overall vibe.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,176

If you want information that'll help you in chase & avoid dead zones (one, if not the best for solo Q IMO), I'd recommend Kate because she has Windows of Opportunity.

• SoGo

I do exactly that, I only buy licensed perks I would use.

• SoGo

Thx for your suggestions, I decided that I'll buy Mikaela anyway (gotta have my boonies) and then I'll buy Kate or Feng.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,648

Kate is pretty good. Feng too. Both have some very nice perks.