First match and it’s started

Options

Went against a Knight with corrupt/pain res/dead man’s and … grim embrace.

the match played itself. We are absolutely back to the eruption meta.

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,276
    Options

Was it not possible to completely deny that synergy by letting go of the gen as the survivor gets hooked?

Seems like that should be the case, on paper, but I haven't been in game to check yet.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

For that match there was no point to even touch a gen because by the time it went away you got like 10s to work on a gen before someone was down again.

every single killer I’ve had this session has this combo. It seems gen rushing has become the counter for everyone tho not much value if gens get done before you hook

• jesterkind
    Options

That's a completely different issue to any perk combination, to be fair. It does only work three times even in those doomed games, at least.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Classic BHVR.

Haven't had time to boot up and check everything out yet.

But I too, will be running this so it gets changed ASAP. Only way to push change down their throats is by making the game, apparently unbearable for the other side.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436
    Options

Pretty good job so far!

• skylerbound
    Options

I originally read the change they made per description that it would get value on the first hook a killer makes and then when all 4 are hooked. That would have been the right change, not every survivor first hook.

• aerie
    aerie Member Posts: 68
    edited January 30
    Options

i was looking forward to using just grim embrace as slowdown as it's strong and looks super fun and good to use on billy with lethal/bbq but (as an empath 😇), seeing what people are doing with these full slowdown builds, i will also carry a pitchfork and hope this stuff gets addressed.

• jesterkind
    Options

What perk in that loadout is stopping you from doing anything?

• verysleepy
    verysleepy Member Posts: 50
    Options

Is a gen beinf blocked for 12 seconds really affecting you? (Dms shouldnt activate unless youre a potato). It only works 3 times at that duration and gives killer 5-10s to find one target.

Rest just go back on gens.

Gen blocking is trash v regression.

• skylerbound
    Options

People talk about a vicious cycle, ummm this playstyle further incentives gen rushing. I just wanna run autodidact/deadline/solitary and resilience but Doc wants to make sure we never get to touch a gen with grim embrace/thrilling/dead man’s and corrupt….

• skylerbound
    Options

oh i am. I’m burning some BNPs and full gen rushing builds with my friends. Everyone is gonna be miserable

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,644
    Options

I mean, it is obvious that people are doing that with Full Slowdown-Builds. Because going full Slowdown was always the easiest way to play, since you can prolong a game to the point where Ressources are gone and without Ressources, the Survivor can be as good as they want, they will go down pretty quickly.

• aerie
    aerie Member Posts: 68
    Options

i really don't think the passive aggressive comment was necessary for my lighthearted and joking post. but thanks anyways.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,788
    edited January 31
    Options

Comparing this to the Eruption meta is just plain wrong. At least with the gen block you can do actions meanwhile with incapacitated you couldn't. Also Grim Embrace only works 4 times and that requires UNIQUE hooks. Like its either this meta or back to a tunneling meta EVERY single game.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,069
    edited January 31
    Options

Pain res + DMS combo = let go of gen before hook occurw

GE + DMS combo = let go of gen before hook and wait a few seconds for the first 3 fresh hooks. Thanks to AFC, the Killer will leave the hook ASAP.

Once people across the board learn this, it won’t be that oppressive. People anticipating such plays may even opt to heal/ do totems during this “downtime” just to be efficient.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,585
    Options

Grim brace should deactivate if a survivor dies by any means. That way it's truly a anti tunnel perk.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,366
    Options

What? You mean even with an absurdly ridiculous amount of slowdown people still tunnel? Everything I read on the forums is a lie?

/s

I forgot they were also changing GE from 'on hook' to 'when the killer walks away finally'. So yeah, we're literally back to the 'survivors just wait it out' meta. Fantastic.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,728
    edited January 31
    Options

I mean, considering regression constantly gets absolutely brutalized by the devs, gen locking is the only remaining option killers have for gen control. "Just chase!" Yeah, tell that to the m1 killers who have zero chase powers. Their only viable option is to slow the gens down to buy them enough time to catch survivors out of position or making mistakes.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 691
    edited January 31
    Options

Yeah this got through meanwhile lets nerf Surveillance guys. Doesn't even work now when people touch a generator, it's only when the 'tap period' is passed. So you are more likely to hit the kick limit, which I hit on two generators at 3 gens remaining, so not three genning, I just do something called using my perk which tells me when someone is on a generator. Thank you so much for nerfing my relatively harmless perk while leaving this utter nonsense in.

As I said then, all these changes do is push weaker perks out and put meta perks in even more so then they were.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,208
    Options

you get 1 use out of the perk. you have question whether 1 use is better than other perk alternatives. The more you tunnel, the less effective the perk is.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    Options

DMS is every hook, GE is guaranteed value on every gen in the game. It also takes a 4.4 killer less than 4 seconds to walk 16m, so, ironically, you're looking at roughly 26 seconds of blocking.

So this is exactly like Eruption in the sense that you're confusing a '26 second block' with a '26 second block on every gen in the game'. So 3 survivors getting kicked off of gens is about 78 seconds of slowdown on your first hook (26 x 3 survivors). So before the survivors even know it's in play, making this essentially guaranteed value.

You also have the same issue as Eruption that you aren't able to predict exactly when it's going to trigger, even if you had perfect comms.

And, as someone else put it in another thread, I can't stress this enough:

When your options are 'do nothing for a while' or 'do nothing for a while to avoid doing nothing for longer' then you have an awful game mechanic that should not exist. Which is exactly the lesson they didn't learn with Eruption and incapacitation.

• jesterkind
    Options

It's not at all like Eruption because it's only generators. Incapacitated stops you from interacting with the game for the most part, only a narrow few actions are permitted, so just gen blocking is nowhere close.

You also can predict exactly when it's going to trigger. You as a survivor can see the start of the hook animation, which gives you time to let go of the generator. This is exactly how you fool Pain Resonance and Dead Man's Switch, it's not different for this combination unless there's something big I'm missing here.

I also have a problem with that last paragraph, because that's not a criticism of this combination - and it's not even really a functional criticism of Grim Embrace on its own. When you counter the combo, only Grim Embrace is activating, and so it's not "do nothing for a while to avoid doing nothing for longer", it's "stop repairing generators because that is the effect of Grim Embrace". It wouldn't be different gameplay if DMS weren't in the killer's build, not meaningfully.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    Options

Let me put this another way, both the effect and the counter play result in this:

Just wait it out.

• jesterkind
    Options

Yes. Exactly. That is my point.

The combination is not problematic because the combination doesn't do anything. You would be facing the exact same gameplay whether the killer paired Grim Embrace with DMS or not. If you have a problem here, it's with Grim Embrace to begin with, not with the GE + DMS combo.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    Options

Perk is not even that good, you have to hook all survivors for full value, paired with dms means you already lose 12 sec value from dms, and you have to sacrifice another perk slot for it, the perk is not that bad but as always survivor mains gotta exaggerate because they rather have killers weak so they can bully them.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

the problem here is that tunnelling is made even easier. I havent had a single match with Grim Embrace where the killer didnt absolutely tunnel you out.

Why is this the case? Because they have no real losses. Before, if they tunneled someone out, Survivors could punish by being gen focussed, the killer would hook 1, then 2, then 1, and was then forced to go back to 2. But since hooking 1 blocks gens, he can leisurely hook 2 without caring too much for gens, then gens get blocked again and all the time in the world to hook 1 again and then tunnel them out. If anyone else tries to replace, he can simply down, hook and continue chasing 1 again.

GE should start blocking gens the way it does now, when not camping, as that is a REALLY healthy mechanic (and honestly, should be basekit), but should stop blocking gens the moment the killer enters a chase.