The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Light! It Burns! challenge is bugged

halcyondays93
halcyondays93 Member Posts: 24

One of the challenges in the new tome is bugged:

"Apply the Hindered status effect to the Killer 2 time(s) while using the perk Champion of Light as Alan Wake. Complete this challenge in a single trial."

The first half of this challenge completed itself within the first 30 seconds of the match, before I'd even seen the killer.

7 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• Sunsetters
    Sunsetters Member Posts: 8

This happened to me, but both halves of the challenge happened.

• IpsilonX
    IpsilonX Member Posts: 11

It seems to be applying the progress of it to all survivors with the challenge if an Alan Wake with CoL blinds the killer.

• AcheronTheFox
    AcheronTheFox Member Posts: 12

This challenge seemed to progress just being Alan with perk equipped. There were no other Alans in the game and I got both instances done right at beginning of match before seeing killer at all. One before I even touched the gen in front of me and one while working on it.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,061

I had this happen too. For me, it seemed to trigger the progress when The Knight used his power.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,575

I succeeded at the challenge less than 30 seconds into the start of a match despite not doing anything to warrant it at all. It may have something to do with teammates blinding the killer somehow counting for myself?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

I think this might occur when the killer is hindered in any way - eg when the killer gets slowed down while using the power!

had this happen against Bubba and got both instances the first and second time I heard the chainsaw when he chased someone else

• Jareth
    Jareth Member Posts: 112

I had this unlock as well against a Billy. I was the only Alan Wake in the game and the killer was nowhere near me. It gave me a notification of the progress when he hit a survivor with his chainsaw the first two times.

• Ap0calypticCheese
    Ap0calypticCheese Member Posts: 2

I can confirm it is triggering without needing any interaction. I was watching a trapper walk around and got stacks. They didn't place traps, no stuns, no blinds, just walking the map.

Either the challenge is just triggering for no reason, or Champion of Light is doing something it isn't supposed to.