Devs finally have a chance to rework Repressed Alliance to buff it and keep it fair

In the latest update, the anti-trigen system was implemented, and a new "gen state" has been added that fits perfectly for Repressed Alliance.

This new "unkickable" state made for this system brings a possibility to rework Repressed Alliance into an "anti-meta" perk. Killers have multiple slowdown perks, and NOT ALL of them are regression perks. With the new Grim Embrace, the slowdown meta is divided between blocking and regressing generators. In my case, the only regression perk in my builds right now is Pain Resonance, which is still a great perk for its potential to regress a gen that is almost complete from the other side of the map. But in a general scenario, I see most people still including Pop in their build together with Pain Resonance, having half of their build focused on regression perks.

Since not all slowdown is based on regression, this is a great opportunity to have this rework.

Repressed Alliance: After repairing Generators for 80/70/60 seconds, Repressed Alliance activates.

• Press the Active Ability button to call upon The Entity to prevent the Generator you are currently repairing from regressing for 15 seconds, after which Repressed Alliance deactivates.
  • The Aura of the Generator is revealed to all survivors in white.

Repressed Alliance can only be applied to each generator once.

Yes, it takes longer to activate the perk. Yes, it stays active for less time. Yes, you can only use it once for each generator. The thing is: survivors can keep repairing the generator while the perk is in action. And if you could use it multiple times in the same gen, all 4 survivors would bring the perk to deny half of the killer's build for the entire game.

For a long time, many suggestions said that the survivor should be able to unblock the generator earlier if they wanted to, but with this rework, there is no necessity for that. The fact that survivors can keep repairing while preventing regression is extremely strong, but it is nice to have perks in the meta that aren't only second-chance perks and exhaustion.

Numbers couldn't be better than those or else things would get out of hand very quickly. Those numbers are not good enough to convince killers to stop using those perks, but not bad enough for survivors to prefer having something else in their build. Me, personally, if I were playing on a SWF, I would tell my friends that at least one of us should run it just to have an option against slowdown builds. It's a high-risk/high-reward perk since not always the killer will have regression perks, but when they do, it will definitely come in clutch.

Comments

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 383

I feel like it would still be a functional nerf. The killers could chase survivors away and then kick it with pop or something once it wears off due to the shorter time.

I feel like it is okay in its current form when it can block killers regression perks or kicking from hitting the gen. If I was going to give it a buff, I would make it so the survivor who actives it can interact with the gen to remove the blockage at will.

If BHVR wants to use something similar to your idea, I think the best way to change it would be to make it so the perk blocks all or partial damage from the next regression event for 30/40/50 seconds, but critically does not block the gen.

• notJustDante
    notJustDante Member Posts: 96

If it didn't have some sort of counterplay it would also be op. The short duration is there specifically so that the survivor has to use it at a crucial time. Either way, if a killer did as you said, they would still have to go where the generator is, see that the perk is in use, leave the area, and come back before Pop runs out to kick it. That's a lot of time invested and is definitely giving the perk some value.