Really wish they would bring old Deathslinger back

Options
jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,526
edited February 3 in General Discussions

I won't lie Deathslinger sucks when playing him because aiming just is a complete nightmare it takes really long to aim and come out of aiming and there isn't even any add-ons to reduce it. When I look at Deathslinger as a killer and even his lore he's a fearsome cowboy and by the looks of it quick with his aim. But now it feels like he can barely hold up his gun just aim and fire. Plus his few of his add-ons mainly the ones that deal with mending I barely see people use I think I see more people using the reload and reeling add-ons maybe his stun add-ons more often because I think those are his only decent ones. I mean just have it to where there can be an add-ons or two that decreases his aim time just so he can at least be like what he used to be.

You know what free add-on ideas

Scope attachment(yellow): While not the best in quality it still made hitting a target easier. Decrease aim down sight time by 15%

Gun Oil(Green): Makes any old gun look good as new. Decreases aim down sight by 25%

Post edited by jamally093 on

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,743
    Options

there is no other ways to buff him, he needs his ADS and TR back. Unfortunately, he is not in the patch note listing for this half-year. Better luck next year.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,746
    Options

slinger chain could be stronger but outside of that he needs nothing.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,152
    Options

I agree the mend add-ons are bad. You're putting in time and effort to shoot a survivor, reel them in and hit them, just to drop chase so they can mend somewhere else for... 2 seconds longer, at best? What's the point in using my power on survivors only to let them go? Especially such a slow power.

I think he needs an add-on pass, like a lot of other killers do.

• BooperDooper
    BooperDooper Member Posts: 266
    Options

As someone that likes playing deathslinger every now and then, reverting ADS to what it used to be would be too strong and become a problem again like it was. The reason it was an issue is because it was pretty much instant and gave survivors pretty much no time to react and it was soooooo easy to fake going for a shot and just end up m1ing and just easy to end up zoning the survivor. I wouldn't be apposed to slightly increasing the speed of ADS but it would have to be the SLIGHTEST amount... again SLIGHTEST. He needs a buff in other areas maybe, I don't know how they would do that but ADS shouldn't really be buffed.

• Wiggles_Diggles
    Wiggles_Diggles Member Posts: 178
    Options

For starters it would be nice if he now didn’t lose 4 stacks of STBFL when shooting and hitting the obsession. But other then that I think they should just reduce his terror radius back down to 24m and maybe a few add on changes.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,341
    Options

Maybe they could take a look at some of his add-ons, but Slinger's in a pretty good spot right now.

Your mileage is highly dependent on your skill with him, and on what platform you play on.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

I say he should get the treatment that Pyramid Head got few years ago. DeathSlinger has his old ADS speed back. BUT, if he doesn't fire and lowers his gun is a long cool down. That way can keep the quick ADS, but makes it so can't just spam it for zoning.

Miss playing the cowboy just never fun since those nerfs.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,292
    Options

As a diehard slinger main the biggest factor in the match is survivor skill, then your skill and then mostly rng. No good survivor will ever get sniped for example. However like 9/10 survivors I face can be sniped, not because slinger is good or I am skillfull, just because those survivors play like they bought the game yesterday. So slinger is still good in pubs but if survivors are good, then they have no excuse to not destroy that killer.

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675
    Options

Then he would have 0 counterplay again and gain the ability to zone you for free by just spamming right click and the survivor having to just guess when he was going to insta scope.