Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

2v8 tier lists

bjorksnas
bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,474
edited February 4 in General Discussions

With the idea of a 2v8 mode eventually being on the horizon I thought it would be fun to create a 2v8 tier lists for killers as a thought experiment, now of note I decided to make 2 lists, 1 for how much support a killer provides to a partner either through synergy and passives, and a 2nd list based on how strong a killer is individually with the fact 8 survivors are running around, so for example someone like freddy might be a C tier in personal strength but near teamwide oblivious status effect 24/7 gives their partner great stealth so they might be an S tier on the other list

Support Tier list

S tier high synergy / support

Freddy, map wide oblivious, as long as their partner doesn't have a lullaby they should be extremely stealth against nearly every survivor on top of the fact that survivor screens have reduced visibility.

Myers, map wide exposed, since his power is a debuff and not a personal buff to deal double damage he can sacrifice some of his stealth to give a massive buff to a teammate, perfect to pair with stealth killers and m1 killers.

Plague, infection, leaving the entire survivor team spreading around sickness and getting power every time they cleanse is great, it pairs really well with killers who prefer survivors injured for quick downs by a teammate and tons of corrupt purge.

Legion, in a 2v8 mode legion is a monster spreading injure states and easily reaching 5 hit chains on feral frenzy for an instant down, both a great synergist and a powerhouse to boot but well focus more on that later

A tier great synergy / support

Deathslinger, holding a survivor with a chain for a teammate can be devastating with our chainsaw brothers or even pulling a survivor into a bear trap, very gimmicky but I think he has a lot of potential especially with making good use of exposed effects

Wraith, his stealth and m1 ability makes him a perfect pairing with anything that exposes survivors he his own doesn't provide much of a passive but his synergy with the other killers effects are no joke

Ghostface, a bit of a myers jr. situation, marking survivors exposes them leading to a good follow up from teammates but also has ok stealth of his own to use other killers effects

Dredge, nightfall only gives dredge undetectable but since it builds from survivors being injured it should be a constant low visibility for survivor team, pair it with a ranged killer or really any fast paced killer and you cut off survivor resources with low visibility

Spirit, She is a fast m1 killer, much like wraith this can lead to great synergy with exposed effects but also killers good at injuring since she can follow up with much stronger tracking while in power for quick downs

Twins, similar to spirit injured survivors are quick downs and victor is perfect to pair with any fast injuring killer for a constant stream of downs

B tier good synergy / support

Trapper, shutting down loops helps any chase killer and with memes like deathslinger pulling a survivor into a trap you can really do some damage just by setting up around the map. Man with machette also can do a bit of work but his traps are the main idea

Hag, like trapper but great for applying m1 effects and utilizing status effects, maintaining a web of traps will probably be a hassle with 8 survivors so its a bit lower on the list

Huntress, long range injure and down machine, if you can aim 8 survivors with split attention are just targets waiting to be knocked down, good for effects like nightfall to send hatchets through the darkness

Nemesis, little bit of slowdown from the vaccines and the zombies, not great but doesn't have to do most of the work himself.

Billy, stealth, cooldown, and of course deathslinger, survivors held still make easy mincemeat and with his new cooldown he can make decent usage of any m1 effects and stealth effects with the right addons, silent saw + freddy is going to be a nightmare (get it because freddy is the nightmare)

Doctor, information and shutdown, provides plenty of info to their teammate with screams giving killers who just have strong chase powers a ton of survivors to chase, or they can shut down a loop and give a teammate an easy hit / down

Bubba, similar story with billy but stealth up to 2~3 survivors on a gen can be devastating for the survivors, chainsaw rampages galore

Pig, if her traps work and downs from teammates can create massive amounts of slowdown and game delay, no real power of her own outside of that though

Skull merchant, traps potentally giving survivors broken / hindered across the map can be really good, she has ok stealth to make use of m1 effects but really her traps do most of the work ideally.

Blight, blight / nurse are nothing special for providing support but they do capitalize on easy injures and info

Nurse, blight / nurse are nothing special for providing support but they do capitalize on easy injures and info

Oni, tons of blood = tons of downs, good synergy with injuring killers

C tier some synergy / support

onion, i mean tapes can give a little slowdown but its nothing special

pinhead, chains give a bit of help to teammates and slowdown but with 8 survivors solving the cube should be easy

knight, a guard chasing 25% of the team is good in 1v4 but in 2v8 its only 12.5% of the team, and to make good use of it you want a high mobility killer following them to use the guard so it just splits attention too much to make good use out of

Wesker, if infection spreads enough its map wide permanent hindered, but if it doesn't its not that useful and is only a bit of slowdown, this one is a bit polarizing so ill put it here for now

Artist, ok information and loop shut down, but there are better options

Clown, lines up a teammate with high speed and slowdown fun for if you just want a hype man but not great

pyramid head, trails giving info and cages giving slowdown is good for the team

D tier, nothing

Demo while demo is a good boy he doesn't really bring anything to the table for a 2v8 besides breaking through resources in an adorable way

Trickster provides nothing to his teammate and doesn't make great use of their effects with his ranged multihit power

Individual Tier list based on how much stronger they are in a 2v8 / how strong they are in general

I wont talk about all of them but more about individuals who might vary from where they normally sit in a tier list

Plague, 8 survivors to infect / cleanse perfect for getting a lot of corrupt purges even if you don't directly drink from a fountain and easily spready between survivors

Legion, 8 survivors in hit with frenzy and you only need 4 of them to get a down with frenzy, man is going to be a beast on all but the largest maps because its hard to spread out that much

Blight

Nurse

Oni, more survivors more blood to go around

Spirit

Billy

Bubba is a bit higher due to survivors being more likely to be bunched up

Wraith

Wesker, playing hit and run can lead to map wide infection really fast

Dredge, 8 survivors to injure means very fast nightfalls as more of the team gets injured either him doing his own dirty work or a partner

Twins

Trapper

Hag this one is a bit lower just because its hard to manage a web with 8 survivors running around most likely you will have a high number of traps to put down at all times so you aren't at full strength

Huntress more targets with split attention more fun

Pig

Skull merchant more targets to have drones activate on so potentially bigger haste effects

Freddy (I forgot to move him down to C tier)

Deathslinger

Ghostface, bit better and worse, more survivors to 99 but also more survivors to reveal you

Demo

Myers, more survivors to stalk

Artist bit lower since you can more easily have someone to body block / run into crows but can be good with crow spreading addons

clown

pinhead bit lower due to more survivors to solve the cube

knight bit lower since they proportionally chase less of the team and their regression / area denial means a bit less with more people around to grab the battle standard

trickster, more main event but no real synergy with his team even in personal strength so I just want him down in C tier

onion, harder to tunnel 1 survivor with 7 others to body block for them and 8 survivors to turn off tvs means no real power if they are on top of it

Can't wait for 2v8 more to test all this out and see what sticks

Edit I forgot chucky and singu, singu is C tier support and A tier strength, chucky is D tier support and B tier strength

Post edited by bjorksnas on

Comments

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 326

I think infinite tier free insta kill Myers with sling would be absolutely broken, as slinger grabs them, Myer insta kills.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970

I wanna see nemesis deathslinger and the deathslinger slides a survivor into a zombies arms for a easy insta infection/down

• Panini
    Panini Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 6

2v8 sounds fun ive seen videos on YT of people doing this it would be cool if they added different game modes

• bjorksnas

I forgot about that when making the individual power list myers pops off even harder

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,129

If they end up adding this game mode into the game, the developers already mentioned that it wouldn’t be balanced as a heads up, so I hope nobody expects it to be balanced in any kind of way.

• bjorksnas

Of course, you can't balance one and expect it to balance the other it would need seperate balance which would be a task but just if the game was made 2v8 in its current state with no care for details thats how it would end up

• Pr0p3r9
    Pr0p3r9 Member Posts: 111

Legion+Twins would be absolutely impossible to deal with. Legion gets everyone injured, Victor goes on a rampage, and Legion gets the hooks while Victor massacres everyone in a 5 mile radius.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

Plague + Oni. There would be nothing meaner than that.

I would like to see Billy and Bubba though. Chainsaw bros forever!

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209
    edited February 5

I don't think 2v8 can ever work and I have no idea why people seem so enamoured by this idea. It would be popular for a day before everyone got pissed off with how insanely unbalanced and chaotic it was, and how console users were locked out due to performance issues.

Pairing Doctor, Plague or Legion with anyone else would be broken.

Of the 'alternative game modes' they suggested, the only ones that had any merit were the 'Lights Out' one we're getting, the 'quick game' one where everyone has a single hook, and the 'VIP' one where you need to ensure a specific survivor survives.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,190

Trickster with Lucky blade+Watch would be among the best killer in 2vs8. Main event would be endless. Down the entire team with 1 main event in 8 player lobby.

• not_Queef
    not_Queef Member Posts: 820

Hard to believe people still want 2v8 mode. I guess they think the killers will split up, but the reality is it will just be like Knight, except the Knight is a Nurse and his guard is another Nurse.

Every chase will be a double tap.

You're going to hate it.

• Skitten56
    Skitten56 Member Posts: 383

I'd much rather have 5v5 mode, easier to balance since its basically 2 versions of the game happening at the same time. 2v8 mode just sounds like a unfun balancing nightmare that would die in a few weeks.

• bjorksnas

on top of the fact legion gets downs on survivors while going around injuring everyone with the 5th frenzy hit downing someone 8 survivors can only spread out so much with the right addons

• bjorksnas

Currently he already could down an entire team of 4 survivors, but it often doesn't happen and even if it was in a good spot for it a corner or locker means the strat is over

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 682

imagine billy and bubba

nemesis and wesker

demogorgon and xenomorph

pig and skull merchant

doctor and legion

chucky and ghost face

myers and freddy (for exposed and oblivious)

there´s a lot of cool combinations we can do

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,538

A pity I probably won't have the chance to test the combination I've always wanted to test, because my favorite killer is no longer here.

But do try to imagine this scenario with me:

Old Freddy applied a 50% action speed penalty to every survivor in the Dream World. Technically, searching a Jigsaw Box is an action.

So... if Old Freddy and Pig were together in a match, could he make it so that survivors would search Jigsaw Boxes at half the speed? I need to know if that would be possible.

• bjorksnas

Chainsaw brothers is less synergy but more fun and definitely a lot more bamboozled windows and eaten pallets

Double infection would take forever to cleanse and 2 helping hands annoy people going for them could buy a lot of time

2 killers with a lot of map mobility and decent chase power but 8 turrets could be a lot and 8 tiny hands to break portals could be annoying

Neither killer great at getting downs but getting surprise injures and slowdown could be nice

Mending and madness and having to mend while mad fun stuff

ghost face marks em and chucky slides under a pallet to m1 them, not the worst combination

now that is a nightmarish combo

• BLACKMENACE8086
    BLACKMENACE8086 Member Posts: 34

I wanna try out 4 v 8 mode where you play the knight and the twins to make things a bit more fair.

• bjorksnas