Is it me or are the forums more on the whiny side than before?

Options
drsoontm
drsoontm Member Posts: 4,189

These past months, the rare times I've come to the forums it was mostly for a specific post. I didn't roam.

Today I've looked at the subjects and I found quite a lot of posts complaining, many displaying a fundamental misunderstanding of the game. (I did ignore the quite usual "I can't be bothered to learn so nerf")

Did I forgot how whiny it was or was there some recent surge?

If anything I feel like there are way less reasons to complain than ever before.

And to top this, we have an event right on the corner.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,982
    Options

The forums have always been people complaining.

The only thing that has changed is what is being complained about. It might seem more whiny to you if you don't agree with the current complaints.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    edited February 5
    Options

Nah, I'd say it is the same it has always been.

Excellent feedback here, complaints there. The Forums are a mixed bag.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 833
    Options

The fun kind of posts often go buried

• GeneralV
    Options

I don't comment on here a whole lot

You should, my friend. It is always good to see ya :)

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,205
    Options

Nothing happens in this game without half a dozen threads griping about it. I have my issues with the game too and I voice them here and there but it's just a video game, it's not worth wallowing in misery over, so I don't.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 533
    Options

Thank you hopefully we'll both get something close to old freddy back someday & have more (hopefully positive) things to talk about!

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

👆🏽This💯

Actually a perfect summery of exactly how it is😄

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 456
    Options

Thats because there are just a lot of people here who only come to the forum to vent, they also almost never propose solutions or want any serious discussions on the topic, and these type of people often just reply to other rage posts as well.

Hell there is a thread currently on the first page that literally complains about Killers farming/showing mercy, which should tell you by itself what you need to know about the forum.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,189
    Options

So it's just the flow that has changed.

Then it's just me. ^_^

"Lights Out". It looks very pretty (and dark). I hope it will be nice but someone has already pointed out the flaws.

I'll try anyway, if only to see if she is right.

I almost never agree with any complaint anyway. Something usually has to be to be "killswitch" level for me to fully agree. (With maybe an exception or two that I can't remember at the moment.)

I must have got pink spectacles last year. I mostly remember the interesting feedback.

Oh yes, entitled is a way to put it. I don't mind arguments mind you. As long as they are based on (some) facts and reason.

I seldom go further than 2 or 3 pages.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    edited February 5
    Options

Really? I feel like it has gotten a little better overall. It's still a lot whenever something new is added to the game but for the most part I think it's better than 2 years ago, when I joined the forums.

The us vs. them discussions definitely seem to have decreased in number.

• GeneralV
    Options

It is my wish, what I've been hoping for since July of 2019.

Make sure to show up to celebrate with me when that happens. It will be the happiest thread in the Forums.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,255
    Options

When changes are made to a game people like that doesn't sit well with them it usually causes a reaction, and it should. If people didn't say anything about their experience with the game we'd still be dealing with 1 hook moris, no unhook protections and no anti camp system. Its great we have a place where we can give this kind of feedback on the game where the devs can see it and make considerations.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,383
    Options

I feel that the latest update has resulted in a surge of "the game is killer sided" posts.

I don't agree with a lot of the contents of said posts but i don't feel like it's worth trying to argue.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,960
    Options

This forum has never not been whiny. But on the contrary, lately I think it's been a bit nicer than the subreddit at least.

• GeneralV
    Options

The game is getting old so there are whiny veteran players who miss the old days and whine about it.

I take it I'm included on this one?

But honestly I wouldn't call it whining, I believe they are valid complaints. If you compare the game we have now with the game I bought in 2018, they feel like two different products entirely.

I don't necessarily have to like the direction the game has taken. As long as I do it respectfully, I can voice my displeasure about that.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,958
    edited February 5
    Options

I know you ignored the can't be bothered to learn so nerf type threads, but it's worth noting the same thing happened with Wraith about a year or two ago (lost count). Newer survivors that didn't know how to play against Wraith complained about his base-kit cloak speed buff to the point where the devs decided to nerf his post-uncloak speed boost from 1.25 to 1 second. (All Seeing Blood was admittedly busted but that's all they needed to nerf) I enjoyed going against him and did fine against him, but I guess some people can't be bothered to blame themselves. This is now happening with Billy. So the forums are basically the same as ever.

(I hope they revert that nerf someday because it increased Wraith's skill cap for hyperlunging in loops, I can only play Wraith with Swift Hunt now because of how god awful the speed reduction while uncloaking is.)

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,780
    edited February 5
    Options

it pretty negative 95% of the time and been like that.

The forums make for great entertainment. I like reading all the crazy meltdown posts before going in for a boring day of work. Yin yang balance

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

I’d agree. 2-4 years ago you’d pretty much only see us vs. them type of posts. A consistent barrage of “Which side is better” posts followed by “you only play one side”. I feel it’s definitely at the very least gotten a little better on that front. But forums are forums, you’re always going to see complaints, especially when both sides require completely different mentalities and play styles.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

There's very few times where the general forum was not full of complaints and tears. This is the default state.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 305
    Options

I love forum posts complaining about people complaining too much. Now it just needs to evolve into a new forum post complaining about too many people complaining about people complaining too much on this forum.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 221
    Options

True so many people are whining that there's even forum posts about people whining

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Feel free to include yourself in any of the afore mentioned categories.

There is a difference between whining and constructive feedback... but lets not ruin a good laugh here.

Cheers 🥂

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,784
    Options

People rarely will go through the trouble of opening an account just to post something positive. They usually come here when they have an issue. It's why I was glad when the devs started spending more time on other social media platforms. I don't think the forum is the only (or best) place to obtain all feedback from.

• GeneralV
    Options

Hahaha, fair enough.

Just something I had to point out, as the Old DBD is a topic I feel strongly about :)

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

I think the amount of complaining is the same it's just the game is getting more and more balanced so people are having to reach harder and harder to complain about things so they just seem more ridiculous.

Not to bring this up again lest I reignite a dead argument but remember a month or two ago when people swore distortion was such a problem and needed a change? When was the last time that was brought up anywhere? Turns out it wasn't a problem and we're at the point where people complain just for the sake of complaining.

We're past the days of very valid complaints like old dead hard or old eruption. While annoying to read the current nonsensical complaints this is overall a very good thing.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

Me too. Chains of hate was the highest point in DBD in my opinion. In all its broken glory.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,114
    Options

“They don’t know that we know they know we know…” 🤪