If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

This is no disrespect to killers but…

Options
Nathan13
Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,619
edited February 5 in General Discussions

Why do killers play the game normally and then decide to farm with survivors after killing 2 of them?? It doesn’t make any sense and I don’t like farming because it’s super boring and it drags on for too long. Please I get no enjoyment out of it.

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

If Kate, Mikaela or Jill in game, i will most likely will farm with them. Rest will be killed.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 801
    Options

If I am doing an archive or daily (sacrifice 2) I am very likely to do this.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    edited February 5
    Options

my strat is to count hooks and get everybody to dead on hook then farm with them which is actually easy to do and we get plenty of bloodpoints and ask if everybody had fun :P

and i do this every game and still pip up with how fast i can get downs as any killer

• WhoSoup
    WhoSoup Member Posts: 152
    Options

Depends. Archives, dailies, or really cute survivors.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,170
    Options

I can only speak for myself but I have had quite a few games in which I played pretty normal at first because I knew all it took was one bad play for the entire thing to go south. But then 2 survivors were dead and I realised these people weren't as efficient as I thought and that I stomped a group of casual survivors. In that case I let them choose, if they want to farm or die.

You can't really tell how the game is going until it's pretty much over.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 736
    Options

Sometimes, I’ll have killers play seriously until I or a teammate cooks them on a super long chase then they pretend they wanted to farm.

me personally, I mainly go for hooks when I play killer. I will down someone to keep pressure but I won’t take anyone out of the game till I get 8 hooks

• Atsuka_Anarchy
    Atsuka_Anarchy Member Posts: 320
    Options

If I play Pig and someone immediately wants to boop me, I just let them and ignore them the rest of the match, maybe hook twice. 🐷

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

well, i always kill the guy who is trying to actually play the game (because he wants to like, play the game), the guy who just gave up and started to do random things or even sandbagging, if another survivor survive i just goofy around with them for some minutes

• WolfyWood
    WolfyWood Member Posts: 284
    Options

What this person said.

If you're playing a survivor I like I'll almost never kill you. Though my three are David/Vittorio/Jonah. 😁😁😁

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,197
    Options

The only times I do this is if the others have clearly thrown the game (killed themselves on hook, kept running into me to leave, etc)

That or if theres like 1 guy and they give me their item. Thats a keeper

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,116
    Options

Was never a fan of farming since it just prolongs the match & its all just for an inflated score you really didn't deserve. The most I'll do is give hatch, if it was a complete stomp at 4-5 gens. Otherwise I'll just play it out till everyone's dead.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

I almost never farm. I always give hatch to survivors who dropped their items or got sandbagged by their teammates, but I try to avoid turning the match into a farming game.

Many players do not like to farm. It is better to just play normally.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,222
    Options

I have no idea if this is the case but if I got teabagged or otherwise BMed at a pallet (as opposed to someone who's obviously just trying to get me to chase them) I stopped playing nice and tunneled the teabagger(s) out of the game.

Afterwards I've let the survivors who didn't BM farm off of me if they wanted to because it's not their fault they got a teammate like that and I don't like being tunneled myself so I normally won't tunneled.

If whoever you're talking about did something similar that would explain it.

Another possibility is that they're having fun at their current MMR and don't want to go up to where the game is no longer fun so they're killing two and letting two go to even out any MMR increase.

• Nathan13
    Options

Yes, I’ll only give hatch or the door if I feel generous.

• Nathan13
    Options

If that last part was the case, why not let all survivors live to decrease your MMR?

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

What's the reason the 2 survivors died? Maybe they did something to anger the killer the other two didn't do.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

I let the last survivors farm if I feel like they had 1 or more teammates throw the game at the beginning or if I feel like there was a serious MMR mismatch.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

On my farming killers, I'll usually 8-hook and then just mess around until the survivors catch on I'm not actually trying to kill them. After that I'll farm if they want or I'll continue to mess around.

Sometimes though people let go or don't get saved and I'm left with two survivors. If it's still at 5 gens I'll just kill one of them but if a couple gens are done I'll still mess around.

Sometimes I also lose track of hook states and I kill someone on accident. :/

I don't force people to farm either. If they point at the hook I'll kill them and if they want to sit on the gens and get out then I let them. I know not everyone likes farming so I always play a normal game up to 8 hooks first. Get some excitement in and then chill.

I never farm from the start though unless the entire team is in on it; like I come across a train of urban evaders sort of thing.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,222
    Options

They might want to keep their MMR stable instead of lowering or increasing it. Two survivors dead, two escapes is the most likely to acheive that. Their current MMR might be where they have the most fun and more would be too hard and less would be too easy.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 807
    Options

Sometimes the survivors will do something funny and I have no heart to hurt them.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,307
    Options

If someone amused me, or if they suffered an indignant curbstomb, I tend to go soft.

Heavily depends on my mood, though.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

If the killer kills a couple of survivors really quickly he may feel bad that MMR put the survivors in an unfair game and so let the last two go. I've done that in some games when it's clear I got matched with babies.

• ares_theos7
    ares_theos7 Member Posts: 20
    Options

I only farm as a killer if one or two of the survivors DC or if I've already hooked everyone twice and they initiate the farming ritual.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options

Speaking for myself I'll do that sort of thing when a Survivor or kill themselves on Hook early in the game. It's my way of trying to give the people who stick around something for their time in what would otherwise be a lost game.

• Nathan13
    Options

Seems like most responses on this thread match the reasoning which is understandable.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    Options

i dont farm. i dont care about survivors. ill play more calmly when two are alive but ill still hook them once i catch them.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

There are a number of reasons I may do something like this:

1. Some of the survs were dicks on others weren't.
    2. The survs were all really bad, and I felt sorry for them, but also wanted some points (most common for me)
    3. 2-3 of them seemed to be in SWF and were hanging the random(s) out to dry
    4. Or survs sandbagging other survs
    5. One or two of them threw themselves on my mercy after the others were killed, and I was feeling charitable
  • Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options

The other big reason I'd be likely to farm is of there's 2 or more Bloody Party Steamers or equivalent in the match. Very least, if I don't farm I won't go for the kill and let folks go.

• Sylhiri
    Sylhiri Member Posts: 178
    Options

Sounds like a game design issue. Creating mechanics that allow players to hold a player hostage for several minutes while shrugging their shoulders and go "It's perfectly fine" shows more about the competency of the developer then the killer.

I find it hard to blame players for certain actions while the mechanics that allow those actions go unchanged.

• ResidentLeaf182
    ResidentLeaf182 Member Posts: 20
    Options

It's just something I've done. Unless I ABSOLUTELY need a 4k, I let the last two survivors go. Also, if you aren't a dick, I'll let you go.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,179
    Options

Honestly, if the Survivor makes me laugh (or is just a cutie in general) that sky rockets their chances of living.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

Could be trying to avoid rising too high in MMR so they stick to 2 kills

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,647
    Options

I only do this if the other 2 survivors were throwing. I feel bad killing someone when they could've won had it not been for Meg throwing because I simply decided to play Xenomorph.

• miniwengsel
    miniwengsel Member Posts: 373
    Options

Im sry but Kate and Jill maybe, but Mikaela I whould deffinetly kill.