Why don't bots replace survivors if one of them dc's while loading into the match?

Options
Feetman
Feetman Member Posts: 10

We have survivor bots that automatically take over when a survivor dc's, why can't they just spawn in like normal players if someone gets dc'd while loading in? It'd allow the match to go on anyway without wasting everybody else's time. Is it an issue with the engine?

Answers

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,509
    Options

Because the Survivors would still play a 3v1. A Bot does not really change that.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 837
    Options

It'd be a waste. I don't like bots as it is. If I was to load in with bots from the start I'd just want the killer to send me next.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited February 5
    Options

Because nobody wants to have bot teammates. They are not good as real players.

Post edited by MikaelaWantsYourBoon on
  • Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

I would rather play with a bot than have to wait over and over because someone doesn't like the map.

Not like dbd isn't chaos regardless if its all bots or all players anyway.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 743
    Options

I find not using map offerings solves the survivors dcing on load. Hope that helps :)

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,803
    Options

I just think most crashes come from dodging map offerings from the killer so personally I’d rather wait

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,929
    Options

My guess is because Bots are meant to soften the blow of dc rather than fix it.