If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Remove the 4%, add harsher DC penalties

Options
steamed_hamzzz
steamed_hamzzz Member Posts: 241
edited January 11 in Feedback and Suggestions

3rd game in a row tonight someone has insta disconnected after being the first to go down, I’m so sick of games being over before they’ve even started because of this

We need harsher DC penalties, maybe something like after disconnecting 1 time in the span of 24 hours you get a 5 minute time out, 2 times = 30 minute time out, 3 times 1 hour

I think removing the 4% hook escape is necessary as well to stop people killing themselves on hook 1 minute into the game and circumventing the DC penalty. We have ‘Deliverance’ and anti face camping features now, the 4% is obsolete and only causes more harm than good

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,734
    Options

Counteraction

what about people with accessibility issues towards certain killers

Dredge is a killer i have to kill myself against for example

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Actually, how is it familiar? It is a win for you, no? Escape challenges immediately trigger.

Plus, you played well by quickly doing 3 gens.

Tell me how it is fun, on the other hand, when the killer just tunnels me, I lose, get depipped, and as a spectator I can see the team miserably goes down just the same. At the end of the match there is at least 1-2 bots.

This is the problem and this is what requires a solution not the penalty system.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    edited January 10
    Options

Have seen this many times. Person gets unhooked when they are trying to unalive themselves and they just stand in front of the hook until the killer comes back. Either that or they just run to the killer again. I generally agree with the dev sentiment that you can't force people to play. From a rewards perspective I don't think there is currently enough incentive for people to stay in a survivor game that seems to be going badly. I think there are a multitude of problems that make survivors give up frequently

• Low bloodpoint rewards relative to killer
    • Easier to depip and much harder to pip which frustrates many people if reddit is any indication
    • Match has a much higher chance of being frustrating. Especially true for solo players. Killers can't be deleted from the match and have all of their addons, offerings, etc wasted in the same way

I feel like all of these things have gotten significantly worse since 6.1. In my experience people started giving up more frequently from that point on.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,189
    edited January 10
    Options

Keep it for Deli and Slippery Meat, besides that the self-unhooking feature is outdated. All it does is giving new players the wrong signs and veterans an easy way to opt out and f their team without ANY consequences. + DC penalties should only punish the first DC in a match.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 629
    Options

No thank you.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,672
    Options

When the gamer is "forced" something that they don't enjoy, what happens? They go play something else

Instead of punishing people that don't want to play, how about addressing the issue and fixing the problems that is causing people not wanting to play?

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

She removes you first.

Reply to OP: I can run to a hook, then tab out from the game to draw anytime.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,133
    Options

people just want this game to die....

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,545
    Options

No. It's a symptom of a larger problem, and forcing people to remain in game is just going to wind up with people going to play other games.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,133
    Options

removing 4% and giving a harsher DC penalties will just kill the game because most go to a different game and this game will die fast

you can't force people to keep playing if they not having fun and I know most of the playerbase Suiciding on hook...

but keep asking for it to be remove going hurt the game more then help.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,400
    Options

You address the systems people keep saying and do what you said.

Every other team based game doesn't allow this behavior like this game does, you can't justify it in games the 95% of the time end by 15 min(15 min being generous). The dc penalty is there if you gotta leave a couple times a day.

This game doesn't make you so miserable 2 min in the you need to leave, other games can make your life "hell" too.

All allowing people to leave freely does is create a self perpetuating cycle of bitterness. I think you guys would be surprised if people couldn't leave, how many of them would continue doing what they can in a game.

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 563
    Options

So you also agree then that killers should not be able to lobbyshop looking for the easiest survivors?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    Options

If lobby dodging wasn't possible it would be fine. But because backfilling exists, I often duck out of obviously backfilled lobbies. It just as likely that I've been dumped on a team of newbies as it is I've been burdened with a SWF. That lobby's already a lost cause so I'll let someone else take the chance on it.

Remove lobby dodging entirely and that's no longer a problem.

But the issue is, at the lobby stage, the game hasn't started yet. So you're committing a player to an even longer period of time. If someone needs to duck out for any reason, it doesn't really make sense to penalise them before the match has even started.

So the only real solution is to remove the lobby entirely and load straight into the game, similar to how Custom games work. You get your pre-queue lobby, but when you hit the 'find match' button, you get a couple seconds before you load into the trial.

• XenRedspike
    XenRedspike Member Posts: 37
    edited January 13
    Options

Post edited by XenRedspike on
  • Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,067
    Options

In principle I agree. - But there is at least one really big difference when it comes to dbd which makes me think you can't compare dbd to other games in this instance. In pretty much any other game you can say "you get what you signed up for" since in pretty much all other games both sides / everyone can choose from the same pool of stuff and/or can see what is being chosen. That's not the case in dbd. Or, well, it's only the case in tourneys or 1v1s or generally kyfs with transparent lobbies.

• cipherbay_
    cipherbay_ Member Posts: 379
    Options

Anyone who DC's should automatically get 100K Bloodpoints deducted and if they have 0, they will go into the negatives

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

You cannot force someone to stay in a game. Also, DC penalties apply to those who legitimately DC because of being disconnected from the dedicated server, which has been happening A LOT lately. Or because their ping is too high. Game crashing and so on. So to up the DC penalties even in those cases will result in driving more and more players away. Less players means less revenue and that's bad for business.

Some perks and offerings play around the 4%, getting rid of the 4% would mean having to get rid of those as well and replace them with something else, which is something I doubt will happen anytime soon.

This ^ is a great idea for those who DC on first down or at the sound of Nurse's screech or in-game grass.

This would be too punishing for new players and this game is already quite unpleasant for beginners.

• NueLotusTV
    NueLotusTV Member Posts: 19
    Options

You get a bot and still get points. 😂

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited January 11
    Options

Bonus BP for each of your teammates who escape, even if you don't.

E.g. you die but the others escape. + 2500 for each one, you get a bonus + 7500 BP.

• Unequalmitten86
    Unequalmitten86 Member Posts: 142
    Options

DC's are up and survivor bonuses are ongoing, that tells you there is a problem.

No they should not get rid of lobby dodging either, most people don't want to play with TTV's and dip.

Maybe it's gameplay on the killers side and no one wants to admit it.

DC penalties are dumb it just makes people want to play another game and honestly the way this game is it's about time until there is some major changes.

• Falconerkruger
    Falconerkruger Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options
  • Falconerkruger
    Falconerkruger Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Options

I don’t think that harder DC penalties are necessary because it does no harm to you although it does get annoying it's pretty rare and if someone has to leave the match because of internet problems or other issues there is no reason to punish them.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

If I had to mention everything wrong with Skull Merchant I’d be here all day.

• MRJ_K
    MRJ_K Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Options

They should remove the 24 hour penalty step lowering and encourage finishing games instead. If you get a penalty, finishing 10 games in a row should lower the step. I personally have random internet issues. One days it's great for 18 hours I am awake. Another it's good for 17 and a half hours and for half an hour it will hiccup and cause 3 disconnects for the game. Either that or their servers will go fucky. Haven't figured it out yet, since every other game I own and play online Versus works just fine.

Heavy Penalties for a game that isn't very serious that isn't being played for money is re-tard-ed.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,468
    Options

Some people just like to jump on the train of “I don’t like her” because of those ppl don’t so I want to follow the popular opinion…

Skull Merchant is fine. If they removed the broken status affect it would be perfect. Her pick rate is 1.70% so it’s rare you’ll go against her, I’d rather deal with her than Knight.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

There’s a reason it’s a popular opinion that she’s garbage design. All her gameplay is is pressing M2 when it’s convenient and then just follow a survivor. They’ll eventually get injured from brainless gameplay and also eventually deal with the hindered. That’s it. No skill component for either side. At least Nurse has skill expression and at least Knight can do a couple cool things like long patrol.

• aerie
    aerie Member Posts: 68
    Options

your subjective opinion doesn't have any merit over other people's subjective opinion. obviously removing skull merchant is a bit extreme (i'm sure they were half-joking though, but ((in my subjective opinion)) her issues are so bad her design is borderline hopeless).

preferring her over knight is also subjective, people also would prefer knight over SM. i wish forum users could accept not everyone has the same opinion about killers, and you're allowed to agree to disagree on things without starting a debate.

also, assuming because someone disagrees with you, they're on some sort of "hate train" is very immature, might I add.

• MechWarrior3
    edited February 9
    Options

Knight being able to do a “few cool things” doesn’t justify Skull Merchant. Again she’s rarely in the game. If they removed the broken effect she would be fine.

She’s still a M1. I don’t have a lot of issue against her as survivor. Just my opinion.

• MechWarrior3
    Options

I didn’t say it did respectfully…That goes vice versa too. My point to all of this is that I disagree that she is completely in a bad design. I don’t feel she is. I like her current design. If they removed broken status and made drones when hacked lose a stack it would be perfect.

Also I never assumed nor referenced that because they disagree with me that GannTm is on a hate train. Nowhere in what I said indicated that I was talking about them specifically. I also never said “hate” so to call someone out on that and make the assumption goes to show you misread my message, which in return would make you immature for making such assumptions.

In GENERAL- I’ve talked to several people across social media and in Dbd. I have asked the question of “Why do you dislike skull merchant?” The answer I get 80% of the time is. “I just do. Everybody does, I don’t really have a reason I just do.”

Its silly and not valid.

People are allowed to have their opinions. I have mine. Debating is what forums are about. My intent wasn’t to start anything or a debate. I simply expressed my opinion followed by a statistic followed by another opinion.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    edited February 9
    Options

it should not happen inless it's proven that the DC wasnt done due a technical difficulty