We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

God this game is just horrible for new killers.

sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 537

You just don't even get a chace, is match after match after match of facing experienced survivors and bully squads, by the time you finish one chase 3 gens already pop, and pray they don't get a flashlight or flashbang save. Is impossible to win for new killers, MMR is completely useless and honestly I don't even see a reason to keep playing, there's no point playing an unwinnable game

Comments

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited February 10

Starting on either side is awful, both sides have to unlock all the perks to share across characters. The base perks you do get once you’ve unlocked perk slots kind of suck(but are useful for beginners for learning base mechanics). Unlocking the free stuff alone is an uphill grind plus having variety to toy with by unlocking further to get good stuff that synergies . Starting this game sucks. There’s a lot. However, the more you play the better you get(usually).

i can show you some tactics that usually help get those pesky survivors in a custom match if you want. I also recommend if you’re looking to learn to get better watching players like ortzdava, hybridpanda, Aredetha, and tokki. They usually play both sides so you can get a full picture of the game, what works and what doesn’t.

or do you mean just learning a new killer?

• Coz
    Coz Member Posts: 67

I feel your pain. I recently unlocked The Twins and The Artist (I know, but both intrigue me!) and it’s tough trying to learn them on the fly . I guess survivors don’t know you’re new to the killer. Maybe try and get friendly with them and hopefully get a chance to fool around with your new powers for a bit. That’s worked for me in a few matches.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,127
    edited February 10

Yeah, learning a new Killer can be rough, but there is not really any other way to do it than having to start at the overall SBMM-Rating of all the other Killers and let it adjust from there. Because even if Artist and Twins (or any Killer) have powers which are different from other Killers, they can be played with simple M1-Killers. And this is enough to have it very, very easy against Newbie-Survivors and I dont think that anyone even would improve on those Killers and will just end up in too high MMR with them anyway.

IMO the best is to just tank the losses and remember that it is fine to lose with a Killer someone is not familiar with.

Post edited by Aven_Fallen on
  • KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 790

So I started playing killer where old coldwin and haddonfield were still there and got often bullied before I reached 200 hours i think, after that I feel like it got much better. You just have to power through it I guess.

Besides that I think killer is easier at the start to learn, I'm killermain so I saw a lot of new survivors and it's pretty easy to kill them if you want to and they can basically do nothing about it. A new killer is always a threat and could possibly kill you even tho it nearly never happens.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,715

When you try to learn the game, focus more on the learning part than the winning part. That's the best advice I can give you for either side.

You start, not knowing the basics and now need to learn how to chase, track survivors, manage gens, play around perks and items and get to know the maps. This all puts you at a huge disadvantage against anyone who knows at least some of these things. Putting yourself under pressure that you need to win this, is not going to help. In fact we tend to play worse, when lose our cool.

For beginners picking a killer that will allow them to focus more on the game itself than the killer can help to learn some of the basics quicker. Wraith, Doctor, Trapper and Legion are pretty good for beginners. They let you focus more on the game itself than your killer and they're pretty easy to get the hang of at first (obviously they all have some depth that only comes with experience and practice).

The most important part is to have fun. If you are not enjoying your time playing the game, then you will easily get discouraged and not feel like playing anymore. For that reason beginners should keep their expectations low. You start and you will play against some people that are better than you (there are many reasons for that other than MMR), so keep your expectations realistic. You will not get a 10 win streak right off the bat and you will struggle. But you will also learn from these experiences and slowly but surely get better. After a match it can help to ask yourself what went wrong and how you can play around that or avoid it next time.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 412

On what kind of alternate universe do I live then. I play killer for easy BP because solo survivors just die whenever I'm nearby.

I've faced only a small handful of premades in months grinding passes as killer and even they risk it too hard to save one player to the point they end up killing themselves.

Like, you get yourself lightborn and all you have to do is press W and click. I've been doing that since 6.1.0 and only a few matches I've lost to actual efficient players. It's one of the reasons why I hate this stupid game and the whole forum discussion around its balancing.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 663

I got a 30 killstreak as Bubba first time I played as him. The struggle is real.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,315

Matchmaking is indeed silly. "Gives up" way too easily because someone dodged or waited 0.42 seconds "too long" in queue.

Because when new killers go against survivors they should actually go against.. yeah, it's not really the killer that struggles, usually.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,872

I think both sides are pretty rough at start, though killer is probably harder until you at least get basic controls then you will be destroying survivors with similar experience in no time. I think survivor may be easy for the first few matches on a literally brand new account but you will be in the deep end fairly fast.

I have always felt that killer is more stressful but easier and you win more of your matches but survivor is far more chill though actually harder to get really good at. A moderately decent killer will destroy most public lobbies imo

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 754

This has been my experience as well. Very rarely do I get a good squad which actually catches me off guard now and I have to lock in. Killer has never been easier

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,791

Some say the gen-kicking meta was easier for killers than the current one.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489

Ive never seen anyone say that. And its just the same as before, just some edge case is halfed.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,791

You can find it on some threads about Eruption or the new GE + DMS combo.

But idk, I was having a break from DBD at the time. I didn't get to see that meta in action.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

There was no "bully squads", you just are a struggling newbie playing an asymmetrical game.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,798

Killer will never get easier than it is in the beginning. Play against bots if you’re struggling with basic mechanics.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,798

Also it sounds like you’ve been drinking the kool aid if you’re already complaining about “bully squads.”

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,292

It's funny. Nearly 30k players on Steam alone between 8 servers, and the matchmaker decides instantly to throw a 200 hr player in a lobby with 4k hr player. That's impossibly bad even if we're being conservative and saying there are 3k players on a server at any given time.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 457

Blame the non-functioning matchmaking system. It was bad when it was launched, and has only gotten worse as the player count has steadily dropped since then. I wonder how many more players are going to walk away before the devs get serious about fixing it, which means that YES SOMETIMES SOME PLAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE LONGER QUEUES. Quit throwing brand new killer players into matches against multiple thousand hour premade SWF squads just so they don't have to wait for a match.