If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Legion should be banned from Lights out

Options

Lights out is about mastering the power of your killer while facing the obstacles and challenges of the darkness. Having no scratch marks and limited vision can make it very difficult to find survivors or spot the killer.

The problem with legion is, that the killerpower basically bypasses these obstacles and challenges. On contrary. Due to it's nature of killers having no terror radius the legion is significantly buffed.

You can now easily track survivors which have absolutely no idea that the killer is comming for them until it's too late.

Because the killerpower bypasses the whole meaning of the challenge it basically turns every match into a terrible experience for the survivors while the Legion player does not have to have any relevant skill.

I think killers which have the basekit power to bypass event or game modifier challenges should be banned from participating in these events per default.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,850
    Options

No killers should be banned from a fun mode. Some killers are better suited for this mode than others. The best killers in this game (Nurse, Blight) are much more hindered due to the lack of vision range.

• Kriegssturm01
    Kriegssturm01 Member Posts: 11
    Options

i think the skull merchant is a bigger problem than the legion

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 224
    Options

It's not about "being better suited" for a game mode or being hindered. The Killerpower from legion simply bypasses the mode. Playing against the legion never was fun but at this point you see at leas two people quitting each game as soon as it is revealed they play against legion. I don't blame them. Playing against Legion in lights out mode is less fun than an invisible basement bubba.

A lot of killers are hindered by this mode. That is because it basically is the purpose of it. So if a killer is not suited for a game mode because his power bypasses the rules of the mode it doesn't make sense to let him participate.

I like this game mode because it offers a real challenge. You can't rely on perks or add-ons, you have to master the killer power and navigate in the darkness. Pressing M2 and then running straight for the next hearbeat is just mindnumbing. It avoids the whole concept of lights out.

The counterplay for legion is spreading out. Well you can try to do that but you never know when to start running because you don't know when the killer gets closer. But knowing the distance to legion is crucial for decision making and counterplay.

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 224
    Options

I can't relate because I just won my first match against her ever and it was just because of lights out.

Why do you think she is a problem?

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,850
    Options

His power isn't a bypass to the mode as it was clearly intentional by the devs that his power work this way.

Some killers have powers that allow them to gather information about survivor positioning which is fine.

• Kriegssturm01
    Kriegssturm01 Member Posts: 11
    Options

because she can literally pin point track survivors if they get in range of her drone or have a tracker on them, also her drones are only visible from a shorter distance. i think the singularity has a similar problem as he can easily find and initiate a hunt with ability. also on a sidenote is it just me or can the dredge see slightly further when holding down the power button than the fog allows him to

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,231
    Options

A character like Legion shouldn't even be in DBD. A killer that has a power that lets you track every survivor after hitting one just once and forces them to mend off the effect or it downs you is beyond OP. Not to mention the fact it lets him fast vault pallets and windows too. He's just too annoying to deal with.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,802
    edited February 11
    Options

Ive never struggled against Legion, yes they get the first hit but then what? Their chases are kind of bad outside the first hit and their power is easily countered by running away as soon as you hear the Terror Radius (and a teammate in Deep Wounds on the HUD).

I think Lights Out is a massive exception to this since the lack of Terror Radius reduces their counterplay by a lot and getting chain downs is basically free. I know someone will probably respond and say "oh, but the SWF, the boogeyman, oh" but SoloQ makes up a massive portion of the game to begin with and they get hammered the most by Legion in Lights Out.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,459
    Options

Yeah I don't understand how Legion wasn't disabled for this mode. Why am I playing in a disadvantaged position against a Killer that doesn't have that disadvantage? What's the point?

• Jonnykiv
    Jonnykiv Member Posts: 11
    Options

I agree that no killers or survivors should be banned from the Lights Out mode. This game mode needs to stay and not get removed on the 14th Feb, its made the game into a proper survival-horror game with this mode, rather than a "can I loop this killer into oblivion" game. This new game mode has revitalised my want to play this game in this mode more than the original, and ive been playing across Xbox/PS/PC since 2017. Mode specific maps could be good as an addition along with replacements for the torches like flashbangs as the torches are basically useless in this mode.

• Jonnykiv
    Jonnykiv Member Posts: 11
    Options

If this is the case then why isnt Ghostface removed from this mode, since he can sit far enough away and make you one-shotable? Next will be "oh we cant have Billy in this mode as he moves to fast with this new chainsaw mechanic". What about Myers wtih his stalk ability lighting people up, do you want them removed too? I havent played agaist a Spirit yet so I have no idea how that will play out with their phasing ability. There would be no end of complaints, so the easier and fairer option is to leave all surv/killers in the game and usable for this new game mode.

The next option would be having a natural ability per killer/survivor. ie Wraith can see blood easier, Nea recovers from drops quicker, Quentin opens doors faster, Artist can use crows as location flags

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,459
    Options

No, that's clearly not what I'm talking about. Nobody is talking about Ghostface, Myers nor Billy except you.

The only handicap Killers have in this mode is tracking survivors. Killers can still see gens, hooks, they can even figure out how many gens are left by counting and they still have their power. So the only difference and inconvenience you have in this mode is tracking survivors. But playing Legion nullifies this inconvenience.

Now tell me again: why would I want to play this mode against a Legion? What disadvantage does he have compared to what I'm putting myself through by playing Lights Out?

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

tbh, killers shouldnt see the hooks auras