If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Hatch mechanic is unhealthy for the game

Options
Nick
Nick Member Posts: 1,183
edited February 10 in Feedback and Suggestions

(TLDR at the bottom, if you prefer to skip the essay)

The hatch escape spawns whenever there is 1 survivor left in the trial. It's there to create a forced end to the match, to avoid hostage situations. The survivor jumps into the hatch to end the match or the killer closes the hatch to start a 2 minute Endgame Collapse timer. During which the survivor either gets killed by the entity or ends the match by escaping through one of the two doors.

It used to only spawn with 3 generators left to repair, with 1 survivor alive (lets ignore the old key situations). But this created a problem where the match would enter a stalemate. A survivor had to potentially repair 2 generators, while being the only survivor left in the trial. This created an awkward situation, because you couldn't repair these generators while getting chased. To combat this, the developers made the hatch spawn guaranteed, no matter the generator progress. So with this all problems are fixed, right? Well... no.

The following problems (still) exist:

• Instead of 1 survivor going into hiding mode at the end, you now have situations where the last 2 survivors will hide and wait for the other survivor to die. This can happen when both survivors know the game is over, but refuse to repair generators. As a killer you now spend lots of time roaming around the edges of the map looking for survivors, hide-and-seek style. This can take so long where you go in circles, check every locker, run circles around rocks and check basement. Why is this still a thing...

For AFK players we have a nice feature called "idle crows". They will start spawning when a survivor has been idle for 1 minute. Could such feature also be implemented for situations where 2 survivors remain?

'After not gaining X amount of points in the objective/altruism category for X amount of time the killer will see killer instinct on this survivor for X amount of time?'

As this could be seen as "not participating in normal gameplay". Like holding a 3-gen to keep the game hostage. Hiding for the hatch at the end feels the same, but then for the person playing killer. Show killer instict, keep the game flowing.

• Killer slugging the 3rd survivor to get the 4th. The only way to stop the hatch from spawning is by keeping 2 survivors alive. We all know these games where you are just lying on the ground bleeding out for 4 minutes because the killer is trying to get 4 kills. Letting someone escape for free, especially when you kept the survivors from completing a single generator, can feel very unfair. Now if you don't want to lose to a RNG based hatch escape you might feel the need to slug the 3rd survivor. This is a very boring and awkward way to end the match, all because the hatch exists.
  • Killers waiting on top of the hatch. Now with hatch grabs being gone you can still have a situation where the killer refuses to close the hatch (yes, super funny, Wraiths). They will just stand on top of it and wait. Only difference now is you can repair a generator to force the killer to act. Only problem is by doing this you give away your location, where you end up dying anyways. Doesn't feel very interactive.
  • Killers making the 3rd survivor wiggle off over and over to try and make them rat out the last survivor. These killers will keep the survivor hostage by dropping them over and over so they wiggle out. They will keep them hostage until they rat out the last survivor who's hiding. This only happens because the hatch exists. It creates, in my opinion, a toxic environment.
  • Hatch feels very cheap. You can play out of your mind as killer and get 3 kills before a generator turns on. Now if you don't want to give the last survivor a potential free escape, you have to slug the 3rd survivor. It's boring for both sides, but if you decide not to slug you have games where the hatch spawns on the last survivor resulting in some nice abuse in end-game chat. Giving wins away for free, purely based on RNG is in my opinion not the way to go.
  • Gates! After closing the hatch! You finally close the hatch.... oh RNG GATES! So not only did you stop the survivors from completing their objective, you also find and close the RNG hatch first, now you have to pray for good RNG on the gates. If a survivor team struggles, they shouldn't be given so many free handouts. Yes, I understand a game should have a forced end, but why does the losing side get free candy? When a killer gets 0 kills at the end they also don't get a random kill from the entity.
  • Having said this, it can also work the other way around. Where you play well as a survivor, but your team dies, and the killer finds the hatch first. And now you get 2 gates basically next to eachother. Where the killer just stands in between them and you're forced to die. There's no real interaction during these endgames. It all feels very awkward and clunky.
  • No interaction between the two roles during endgame. You both run around the map hoping for RNG to be on your side and after the hatch is closed you hope for the same thing again. Now you have an awkward ending where the killer is walking back and forth between 2 gates for 2 minutes. If the gates are close to eachother, the killer gets the 4th kill. And if the gates are far away from eachother, most likely the survivor will escape. Sometimes you don't even see eachother, it feels very awkward to play.

TLDR:

• Two survivors hiding when the game is lost, waiting for the other to die. So they can go for hatch.
  • Killers slugging the 3rd survivor to get the 4th survivor.
  • Killers waiting on top of the hatch.
  • Killers keeping the third survivor hostage to try and make them rat out the last hiding survivor. They will do this by dropping the 3rd survivor over and over until they wiggle out. They will keep this survivor hostage until this survivor decides to rat out the last survivor. And if the survivor decides not to do this they will be kept hostage until the killer is forced to kill them.
  • Hatch feels like a cheap escape. From my experience, people who get an unfair hatch escape at the end are very toxic in end-game chat. This could be because they know it is, and want to rub it in your face.
  • RNG Gates on top of the RNG Hatch.
  • Hatch/EGC Gates offer no real interaction between killer and survivor. You're both just running circles hoping for RNG to be on your side. Once the hatch is closed you hope the same thing again. Very awkward and clunky, you sometimes don't even see eachother.

Will there be a moment somewhere in the feature where we could expect a new concept for the endgame? Has someone thought about one, is there an idea floating around? One which includes more interaction between the two roles? Which feels more satisfying for both killer and survivor? The current endgame situation creates, in my opinion, toxicity and awkward scenarios.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Nick
    edited February 10
    Options

Guys, I'm not saying to remove the hatch and "turn every 2K into a 4K". Read the last part of my post, I will quote it again:

"Will there be a moment somewhere in the feature where we could expect a new concept for the endgame? Has someone thought about one, is there an idea floating around? One which includes more interaction between the two roles? Which feels more satisfying for both killer and survivor? The current endgame situation creates, in my opinion, toxicity and awkward scenarios."

Post edited by Nick on
  • HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Could not agree more with the above issues on it creating toxicity and awkward situations.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,196
    Options

After a match has reached 15 minutes, Survivors positions will be revealed briefly every so often. The frequency scales with how many are left.

4 Survivors = 3 minutes

3 Survivors = 2.5 minutes

2 Survivors = 2 minutes

Survivors also receive a repair speed bonus. Once again, this scales with how many are left.

4 Survivors = 10%

3 Survivors = 15%

2 Survivors = 25%

In addition, when only 2 Survivors remain they can pick themselves up without the help of another Survivor.

This way the killer cant just patrol a tight 3 gen (even with the current system, it can still be difficult to break through) and Survivors are more than likely not going to stick around for a 10% speed boost.

Same goes for the 3 Survivors remaining, how ever the speed boost is still not significant enough to stealth just to get it, and they get revealed every so often.

When 2 Survivors are remaining and there are still gens left the game can feel hopeless, especially if the killer slugs to get the 4k. This way the killer cant slug, but is incentivized to take chase as they get information on the current whereabouts of Survivors. This also acts to incentivize Survivors to do gens instead of hiding, because they cant.

Once 1 Survivor remains, the game stays as normal. Endgame perks are deactivated but ONLY if they close the hatch. Meaning itll still work outside of a 1v1 scenario.

Of course the numbers could be tweaked, but let me know what you think

• Nick
    Options

I don't know what's mechanically possible, nor is it my job to fix it. I'm not getting paid.

I only listed the problems I have encountered and asked if there was an idea floating around for a potential new endgame.

• Nick
    edited February 10
    Options

Look, now that already sounds more interesting! The endgame we currently have is so stale. When I'm playing nurse I sometimes cba to float around the map circling every tree and rock because 2 survivors are hiding for hatch. There should be a mechanic (like you just mentioned) to keep the momentum in a game going. 3-gen completely removed that momentum but so does hatch (or the problems it creates)

• Nick
    Options

You (and the 7 people who liked your comment) probably read the title and called it a day. I even put a TLDR at the bottem where I said the following:

"Will there be a moment somewhere in the feature where we could expect a new concept for the endgame? Has someone thought about one, is there an idea floating around? One which includes more interaction between the two roles? Which feels more satisfying for both killer and survivor? The current endgame situation creates, in my opinion, toxicity and awkward scenarios."

.... I'm not saying to remove the hatch and just let the other 2 survivors die. Because that's literally the first problem I mentioned, the last 2 survivors hiding. That will be a huge problems if you just remove the hatch like that, so why would I keep it that way?

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options
  • Khastrx
    Khastrx Member Posts: 85
    Options

Seldom do I think the hatch is a problem, if anything; many other things are much higher on the list of being problematic, thus it's fine as it is.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

I don't think that was op's intention at all. They listed the problems of the hatch mechanic and asked for ideas how to fix it.

When only 2 survivors are alive, then their positions should randomly be revealed to the killer after them not being in chase for X amount of time. For the hatch mechanic itself, I'm not quite sure. I had seen Tru3Ta1ent suggest a chase mechanic instead. Basically the survivor and the killer would be placed somewhere on the map and then a chase would start. If the survivor can last long enough, then they escape. This obviously has some flaws but I think it would be better than slugging for the 4k.

• aerie
    aerie Member Posts: 68
    edited February 10
    Options

no, i liked their comment because i agreed with it. i read your post. i feel writing everyone who disagrees with you as "people who didn't read your post" is lazy and proves you're not really here for a discussion.

plus, it's not like you gave people suggestions or anything to discuss. you just said hatch bad in 50 different ways and called it a day. idk what you expected us to say, you expected us to be like "oh yeah this guy definitely likes the hatch mechanic no problem here" like no. you clearly want it removed. replaced, sure, but yet again, you offered no solutions. you just gave a subjective complain thread and are wondering why people aren't enthusiastically agreeing with you. obviously, your subjective opinion on hatch gameplay is different than other people's because not everyone's played through the same matches as you. that doesn't mean they didn't "read what you said", muffin. it's so tiring reading people on these forums unable to handle people disagree with their subjective thoughts about gameplay mechanics.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

I have been saying for years that I hate the hatch as it forces slugging for the 4k if killers don't want anyone to escape. I cant be bothered doing this as killer, unless they were a particularly unpleasant team to deal with but plenty do like you waste your time by slugging you to get the last person. There is no benefit at all to killers for the hatch mechanic

• aerie
    Options

well, it's not for killers, is it? it's for survivors. it's like asking "why add a killer fov slider??? this doesn't help the survivors..." not everything has to benefit both sides. things can just be benefitting one thing or the other. and that's okay, as long as both sides get these benefits crumbs once in a while.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,212
    edited February 10
    Options

Its funny how survivors geta pass to just stop doing gens "because its just hopeless". Be honest, you're just doing it because scumbagging for the hatch is easier. Killers supposed to play the whole trial regardless of gens/survivors left, so survivors should do too.

Theres a solution thats already implemented in Identity V: really aggressive idle crows when you havent touched gens in a while.

• Nick
    Options

I refuse to believe that a mechanic with so many problems is the best we have. Especially after almost 8 years. But if so then that's a shame and I expected more from this game

• Nick
    Options

Fair enough. Sadly hatch bothers me more than anything. Especially when playing insanely well as killer, last survivor randomly gets hatch and they write "ez noob". And rightfully so, because they escaped so they also won. But that kinda makes the 'win' not really feel like a win, because someone escaped. And I don't want to slug for the 4k, because that's boring for both sides.

• Nick
    Options

When I play survivor and the game is lost with 2 survivors left I just stick to a gen and get a nice last chase. I cba to sit in a locker for 10 minutes to wait for an uneventful endgame, but the game kinda wants you to do that if you still want to win that game

• Nick
    Options

It's only downsides for the killer. But for the survivor also, because your teammates can stop doing the objective because hatch exists or you can get slugged for 4 minutes because the hatch exists.

• Nick
    edited February 10
    Options

But he's saying something I didn't say? How can you agree with that? Literally his FIRST sentence is:

"Ok, so there's 2 survivors left, there are still gens to repair, and the Hatch doesn't exist anymore."

And the FIRST problem I mentioned is:

"Two survivors hiding when the game is lost, waiting for the other to die. So they can go for hatch."

And not to mention, at the end I even asked for NEW ideas for the endgame. But that guy just assumed I would want the hatch mechanic to be removed. Making up stuff I said is not a way to "discuss" as you call it

So ofcourse I'm saying those people, including you, didn't read because you're literally arguing with no one. I didn't say to just remove the whole endgame I even asked for other ideas, I didn't say I wanted "every 2K to automatically turn into a 4K" or I want the last 2 survivors to hide?????? THATS LITERALLY A PROBLEM I MENTIONED, THE FIRST ONE!

• Princesse_nico
    Princesse_nico Member Posts: 107
    edited February 10
    Options

Add a 5th survivor with 1 more gen, or give repair bonus when theres is less survivors alive.

I wishs a casual game mod with like 10 survivors and balanced to 1 to 3 escape from the 10 survivors

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited February 10
    Options

The fact remains that in order to provide a viable avenue for the 2 last survivors, there needs to be 'hope' for the final survivors survival, irrespective of the survivors objective progress.

This is currently provided by the hatch, but if the hatch did not exist, it would need to be provided by some other 'sudden death' sort of mechanism.

This mechanism, whatever shape it takes, will always be seen as "cheap" by shortsighted killers, because is has to be disconnected from gen progress and will seem "unearned".

There is no way to reconcile the need for a viable exit for the last survivor, with a killers desire for a reliable method to achieve a 4K.

The only other solution is to make a 4K less desirable. I'd propose that most of your "problems" are only problems in the context of killers trying to guarantee a 4K and not being content to either settle for the 3K or at least leave the 4th kill up to chance. After all it's not actually that difficult to 4K, if you can 3K reliably then the 4th kill being essentially a 50/50 shot is absolutely fine. If you miss it in one game, then you're likely to score it in the next 3K game when the hatch coin flip falls in your favour.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

You can't convince me hatch shouldn't spawn at 2 survivors left. The hostage situation after 2 survivors dead is the most boring scenario in the game possible and it should be a priority to fix, although the hatch would need to be reworked.

-Still only opens automatically at 1 survivor alive

-Survivors can force the hatch open at 2 people alive after working on it for 30 seconds

-Broken Key opens the hatch in 20 seconds, Skeleton Key opens the hatch in 10 seconds, Iri Key opens it in 5 seconds

-If killer finds the hatch first they can smash the door and cave it in doubling the time it takes to open.

-Hatch can only be opened with keys in EGC like it is now.

• HeroLives
    Options

As survivor I’m agreeing with killers, it promotes selfish gameplay on the survivor side and forces this weird hide it out contest and if you do try to make progression just kiss yourself goodbye. So like I guess I’ll just sit on this gen until the killer comes to me for last chase and get as many points as possible before I’m slugged or in a weird two man snowball. I most likely won’t finish the remaining amount of gens bc the other survivor is certainly hiding. Idk how other survivors don’t see this as an unwinnable situation and that they’re not already dead, it’s beyond me honestly. Hatch is cheap at the expense of two other players no matter how you look at it realistically. I’m sure if the hiding survivor spoke up they’d say they don’t really enjoy hiding around unless they just genuinely don’t care about the other survivor or killers experience and that’s fun for them. Which to that I say to each their own but if you enjoy hiding that much why not just play outlast?

• Nick
    Options

An endgame where there is more interaction between the two roles would be nice though? Now you're just both running around hoping for good RNG. And when you do manage to close the hatch you have to hope for good RNG on the gates again. I often have survivors feeling themselves when they manage to get the hatch with 0% of their objective completed. Kinda doesn't make a 3k feel like a "win", because 1 other survivor also won. It feels like a rushed way to end the game, coin flip to see if you can say "ez" in chat or not

• aerie
    Options

that's your opinion, i don't agree with it but to each their own :)

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,331
    Options

It baffles me that people still complain about the Hatch in 2024. If a Survivor escapes through the Hatch, just take it. It is not like you lost as Killer. Especially not if they still had to repair Gens.

That a Survivor got a pity escape because they got lucky and found the Hatch first (the Killer has all advantages to find it first, except for just getting unlucky) does not change that the Survivors lost this round and the Killer won this round.

Is the Hatch a perfect solution? No. Is the Hatch A solution? Yes. It is the best solution possible? Most likely.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 168
    edited February 10
    Options

Escaping through hatch when your team died with gens left to do is the equivalent of a participation trophy. In two successive paragraphs you mention the word 'free' in favor of survivors four and five times in total. You must really hate it when survivors have one (weak) option lategame/in a lost game.

Besides this you are under multiple misconceptions but only two interest me for this discussion: Even without hatch there would be survivors hiding when half the team is dead because there is nothing reasonable left to do. DBD endgame is flawed, yes, but not because of hatch which might be flawed as well but in itself is not unhealthy anymore. It addresses a problem, it does not cause it. The only situation where I might call hatch unfair is when three survs leave through gate and the fourth finds hatch. I would not mind if this was addressed while also addressing gate spawns but it is the same like last survivor leaving through hatch at five gens - not ideal but game is over anyway so hardly worth malding about.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 356
    Options

They already nerfed hatch. It used to allow 4 man escapes and put more pressure on the killer.

One of the last two is going to be found. Does it suck to be the one left on hook while your teammate waits for you to die? Yes. But that's not toxicity. That's a choice to be a bad teammate.

• HeroLives
    edited February 10
    Options

Yeah in a 4v1…if it’s a 1v1v1v1v + v1 buff chases and remove gens then.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,685
    Options

I'm so tired of my teammates playing for the hatch after the first survivor dies. Or even sometimes when no one's died yet. The hatch brings out the worst in survivors.

Get rid of the hatch. Get rid of the killer ever being required to 4k for any reason. Instead, if the final survivor has earned more than 7.5k, they get to be the "final girl" and escape, and if they didn't earn at least 7.5k they automatically get consumed by the entity. (The final survivor being in the dying state wouldn't change this.) The hatch should never double or even more than double the number of points a survivor has earned. Yeah, I know, bad matches happen where three survivors die and no one's had a chance to earn anything, so the final survivor would be doomed, but nothing's perfect. I'm tired of teammates doing nothing because the hatch is so damn lucrative. It is so common. Rather than the last two survivors hiding hoping the other dies first, they should actually be participating in gameplay and trying to do the objective.

Yeah, I've had a lot of bad matches, lately.

• Princesse_nico
    Princesse_nico Member Posts: 107
    Options

Maybe add a secret locker exit in addition with the hatch? 1 single locker in the trial that you can exit within

• mugi
    mugi Member Posts: 54
    Options

I don't want to use a killer without detection or stealth abilities. Hide-and-seek is really bothersome. It's really ridiculous to confine the killer to a one-hour ritual.

While saying that, I actually enjoy stubbornly hiding with my friends for an hour. It's fun to think we're frustrating the killer. There was one time when the killer gave up and disconnected. I emerged victorious.🤣🤣🤣

Sole Survivor may seem like a garbage perk, but it's actually the strongest one. It's very useful when you want to raise your MMR in solo play. But if the hatch system were improved, I wouldn't need to use the garbage perk anymore. Don't you think that would be great?

• HeroLives
    Options

I mean yeah I’d like a different endgame system that didn’t encourage you to play like that.

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 356
    Options

That makes absolutely no sense. Hatch is not toxic. End of story.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited February 11
    Options

I can think of a way to remove the toxic aspect of killers coercing survivors into breaking the rules and ratting out the other survivor.

When there are 2 remaining survivors, hooked or slugged survivors can no longer see the aura of the other survivor. Slugged survivors can choose to bleed out faster (1 minute on the ground instead of 4) by holding the sprint key while motionless (motionless, so as not to affect the perk Tenacity).

----

Why these changes?

The survivor being coerced just wants to move on. Giving them an option to move on faster lessens their incentive to rat out the other survivor.

Even if they wanted to rat, they would no longer get the free map-wide Bond from the killer slugging and dribbling them.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • Nos37
    edited February 11
    Options

The last 2 survivors are trying to complete their objective: escape, a.k.a. not die. Surviving is their objective, not powering gens (which is only 1 means to an escape).

Working on gens when there are only 2 survivors left is a death sentence; unless there is 1 gen left, gens are very spread out, Aftercare is in play so that both players can see they're not the only ones doing gens and give visual cues to where the killer's at regarding patrols (the HUD kinda does this), both survivors are good at hiding when their gen gets patrolled, and both are committed to completing the gens.

In my thousands of matches, this has only happened 2 or 3 times. This number is biased, as I either have to be 1 of those 2 survivors (and I'm not committed enough to gens for this situation to arise), or I have to spectate matches after I die to witness 2 others do it (which I don't stick around for).

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • TragicSolitude
    Options

The last 2 survivors are trying to complete their objective: escape, a.k.a. not die. Surviving is their objective, not powering gens (which is only 1 means to an escape).

Except that if the two remaining survivors refuse to work on gens and instead hide around for an extended amount of time, the devs have said it's considered holding the killer hostage. The objective is to do gens to power the exit gates and escape. The hatch is a consolation prize for the last survivor, not an objective. One of the reasons gens exist at all is so killers know where survivors will be. The devs do not expect killers to search every inch of the entire map for survivors, the game isn't designed to work that way, so if survivors avoid gens the game breaks. You yourself are saying that the final two survivors are best off hiding waiting for the hatch, which shows the hatch encourages and rewards game-breaking behavior. That makes it a bad mechanic. Refusing to participate in gameplay by doing nothing but hiding shouldn't be rewarded.

You're lucky if you rarely experience this. When I play killer it's not uncommon for only one survivor to attempt gens while the other hides, and as survivor I see hatch-playing gen-avoiders multiple times daily. It's one of the things that bothers me most in this game and I complain about it regularly on these forums. Teammates not touching gens ruins more of my matches than anything else, and it's so frustrating that more and more I avoid playing DbD at all.

• Nos37
    Options

Removing hatch, or not having any form of consolation prize, won't just mean you'll see less survivors hiding for hatch, it will also mean you'll see less survivors. They'll either stop playing survivor or they'll play something else. It will just be cheaters and sweats with no room for casuals outside of custom matches.

• Callahan9116
    Callahan9116 Member Posts: 126
    Options

In addition to what you said, after the killer sluggs the 3rd and finds the 4rth it is better to hook one, let them die, then hook the other. Someone on the ground rarely gets up, while deliverance is a strong perk. So to counter that if you want 4k your vest bet is hooking one, waiting, then hooking the other after the previous has died. Terrible game design.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

But it comes with a massive downside for survivors - the forced slugging for a 4k. I am not a big fan of participation trophy mechanics and that is really what the hatch is. The vast majority of my hours in game is as survivor too btw

• mugi
    Options

Casual players don't have the ability to escape through the hatch, and I don't think they even try to escape through it. Besides, it's a good thing if trolls quit the game on their own. To ban them, developers need to review each report one by one. It just reduces that burden. Additionally, since it's easy to return to this game, those who have been troubled by trolls in the past might come back.

• TragicSolitude
    Options

But I did include a consolation prize, and to get it all that's required is playing the game. If the last survivor on the map earns enough points, they automatically escape. The hatch is an RNG mechanic, it's not earned and both sides routinely complain it's unfair. The number of matches that get tanked because a survivor decides to stop participating is much higher than the number of survivors who actually get the hatch, at least in my region/MMR.

I play like a casual, I'm definitely not the best survivor, but the amount I die could probably be halved if my teammates at least worked on gens. It would improve my experience so, so much. As is, the way my random teammates play has me avoiding the game and not playing for longer and longer periods of time. I can only hope the people who believe that hiding to get the hatch is the best tactic stop playing DbD and never return, then I might actually have a desire to play the game again. For people who don't spend all their time hiding, there'd be no reason to leave the game.

If you like the hatch mechanic as is, that's fine. I've also seen people who miss the days of multiple survivors being able to escape through the hatch with a key. Some people had positive experiences with those things, and then there are people like me for whom the negative experiences hugely outweighed the positive ones. The experiences we have are often dependent on the teammates we get, and for solo queue players that (like so many things in DbD) is RNG.

• Nos37
    edited February 11
    Options

The only trolls are the survivors who abuse the map-wide aura read to take the killer straight to other survivor in exchange for hatch. They are breaking the rules.

Post edited by Nos37 on
  • mugi
    Options

In forums and from what I've heard from streamers, it seems that such behavior may not always be recognized as a violation of the rules, but what's the reality?

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

'After not gaining X amount of points in the objective/altruism category for X amount of time the killer will see killer instinct on this survivor for X amount of time?'

PLEASE!!!!

• YamamuraVideoRentals
    Options

At the very least, survivors should start getting crows if they haven't done anything meaningful for an extended period of time. Punish people who do nothing but hide and wait for their team to die.

As for what to do about the 1v4 and hatch itself, I don't know. A final chase at the end sounds interesting. Heal the survivor to full, give them exhausted, killer sees their location with killer instinct for 20 seconds? If they survive for X amount of time, the entity gives them the hatch.

• aerie
    Options

forced??? lol

if you played mostly survivor and your take is hatch is a mechanic that FORCES killer to slug for the 4k then idek what to tell you. maybe play the game a bit more first and come back to me?