2v8 when?

ays12151
ays12151 Member Posts: 678
edited February 12 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm pretty sure that 2v8 Gamemode would be the best thing in this game. Even without a new special map for that, even with many bugs, even with balancing problems, because of 2v8 - THAT WOULD BE STILL AMAZING & FUN. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,642

The idea doesn't interest me. Too many balance problems and potential frustrations. For example chases probably won't work properly if 2 killers chase 1 survivor at once, but conversely, 1 survivor having 7 team mates to bodyblock them will be ridiculous. Then there would be ridiculous combos like legion and pig. It either to me sounds too frustrating or too much work that i would rather devs spend on something different.

• ays12151

Who cares about balancing problems in Gamemode? It's a gamemode for fun. That would be 1000x times better than normal matchmaking - especially if it would be playable in custom games.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,642

The normal game mode is supposed to be for fun. When people understand how to achieve their objective that's when balance matters.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

2v8 needs to happen, it would be a blast. Balance problems are inevitable because DBD was never built with 2v8 in mind, but it's still going to be really fun nevertheless. Plus, imagine an 8 player SWF party...

It would also help get my friends to try and play killer.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

yeah, I hope bHVR is looking into making 2v8 a mode and if they are not big disappointment.

• peti28
    peti28 Member Posts: 25

I wonder if 2v8 in normal matches can work on nintendo switch or low spec pc.

Isn't that a tough one in terms of system requirements?

Hide and seek mode might be possible.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,382

Considering that people were complaining about specific killer powers and their interaction with Lights Out, I imagine people will complain about killer pairings that are effective and the mode will not actually be as fun as many people hope it will be.

• ays12151

It depends of people honestly. Gamemodes should be only for fun - the lowest competetive aspect possible. Current DBD is very unbalanced - so who cares about 2v8 balancing...

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,783

2v8 or 5v5

I still think 5v5 would be amazing for balance reasons since both sides would be effected by whatever the other side does/brings, but 2v8 means killer can finally have a friend.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

oh i would love that so much.

i honestly dont care what they do and how they balance it i only care for not being alone anymore. for me its a big part of the stress that comes with playing killer. its all on my shoulders