why is the player base decreasing?

13»

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,438

Old Cold Wind feels so long ago, it's crazy to me seeing footage of the Twins in there.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,425
    edited February 16

Solo q is stressful for most.

Killer in general is stressful for most.

Most of the killer roster sucks against good players. Fine against the average potato though. Strong even.

Continued poor map balance means you can load in and just lose by default.

So basically unless you're playing with friends, playing killer against potatoes, or enjoy playing the A+ to S killers, the game just isn't fun and/or up to RNG whether you can realistically win, let alone if you actually do. There's nothing big going on to keep players interested either. Just the Billy mafia returning for his buffs and light out.

The game might be better balanced than before, but its still not in great shape. Outside of that there's just user experience problems making the game unfun. We still have problems like: tunneling, camping, gens flying, high self sacrifice rates, dead zones, 17+ pallet average, god structures, Ect.

Post edited by MrPenguin on
  • Asian114514
    Asian114514 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Action visualization and the AFC made the match a boring work.

And newcomers are hard to keep playing because there are many characters and not a few things to learn.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,396

Yeah that’s super annoying and I’m sorry that happens to you. I’m on console, so turning off messages from people outside your friends list allows you to completely block out these types of messages. I wasn’t aware people could still comment on your steam profile even after this.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Oh they absolutely can. Its really weird how some players take this game so serious. I can´t imagine CoD players would send toxic messages after losing a match, or getting killed to often.

When its just a game and another match is just a click away. Instead they spend time and dedication to spam the profiles of people they most likely won´t play against ever again.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

There was a time where people would send rage messages to their opponents during the xbox live era of the Xbox and 360. It wasn't necessarily common, but I do remember it happening a few times playing Halo online.

Though honestly I'm more concerned with some rather unhinged individual deciding to take it a bit further. When swatting is a thing people do and information is all over the internet that someone really persistence might be able to track down personal information, the risk of leaving your profile public is quite high now.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

The question is, what do you mean by balanced? Survivors escape 39 out of 100 games on avarage, so they are losing the majority of their matches. I would argue for a balanced match you would win as much as you lose.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,559

Console players always get the worst of it, but sometimes not even PC players are safe.

Yeah, that period of transition between the Old DBD and the modern DBD was not a good time to play this game, but it does have some interesting little trivia.

Blight, for instance, could be played on the Old Autohaven maps.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,292
    1. SoloQ is terreble
    2. The tunneling is out of hand.
    3. Gen speeds are crazy, unless you play a fast moving killer.
  • JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,761

Oh I know my friend. The iffy optimization comes for us all, regardless of platform. Imo our precious Switch cousins have it the absolute worst!

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Oh yes, thats actually the worst. Putting someone elses life into danger, over a video game...

Some people really need help.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

But Solo Q has basically the same escape rate as a full SWF according to the official stats. Mmm.... makes me wonder

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,233

The game is too easy if you are willing to cross certain lines, and too hard if you aren't. Then you have to hope you match up against (and potentially with) other people with your exact same mindset to have a reasonable match.

For Survivor, just play SWF using clock callouts, prioritize gen-b4-fren, use only the 10 best perks, and bring the most tricked out items.

For Killer, just tunnel the weak link, proxy camp the hook, use only the 10 best perks, and bring the most tricked out Killer+add-on combos.

If you play Killer without sweating, you have to hope the Survivors are doing the same. If you play Survivor without sweating, you have to hope that not only the Killer is doing the same, but your fellow Survivors are as well. (That's why I say soloq is far worse, because someone who is supposed to help you can instead hurt you.)

I hard uninstalled because the game was too sweaty for me to enjoy either side's matches anymore. I hate playing sweatlord Killers, and like playing 'dumb, but it works' stuff like Penti/Plaything/Thana Myers without Tombstone. At the same time in soloq, Killers kept tunneling my baby teammates, and people would waste time trying to help them, causing a 3/4k. I blame MMR for the sweatfest, and if I ever return (and they don't fix MMR) I will always purposely die at endgame as Survivor, and always only hook Survivors twice as Killer.

• bornagain234
    bornagain234 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 336

The teammates I am put with are horrible, I have literally been put with people who have less than an hour before and I have over 3k hours.

The teams I go against when I play killer are excellent.