We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

All Things Wicked [Chapter 31 Teasers] Now with Trailer!

2»

Comments

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,659

Some are saying it seems to have multiple faces but I'm wondering if instead there's multiple monsters invading the tent that we're not seeing clearly due to the, y'know, death.

• HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,677
    edited February 16

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 This is INSANE!!!!!!! 😱😱

Btw thank you sooo sooo much for documenting this and keeping it in one place for all of us! 😊😊😊

Post edited by HerInfernalMajesty on
  • Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 266

Imagine having this on the town's prime time news after all the week's reports of people going missing and mysterious home invasions/murders.

"This video is presented as found. It has not been edited. Viewer discretion is advised."

This would give the parents nightmares.

When I watched the teaser, I jumped when it rushed the poor dude. Surprisingly the first thing I thought of was the Callisto Protocol art style, which is actually a good thing. I was really excited for that game until it... you know.... came out😐️. I don't think it'll be an alien, though. It looks like some kind of cryptid-type monster.

All together we have this thing kidnapping/killing (eating??!) people, to the point where it is actively stalking people in their houses and trying to imitate human speech. Then we have the college kid drawing pictures. When it originally came out, we thought he was in some kind of trance. I wonder, though, if he found something in the woods that severely traumatized him, and he's drawing these drawings to try and make sense of it or get it out of his mind. Going back, the image looks a little like a cocoon or an egg. Maybe this thing came out of that, and that's why the college kid is still alive when everyone else has died?

• Caiman

The more I think about it, I'm wondering if this "skinwalker" is actually some kind of disease. Maybe it's not eating people and taking their forms, it's instead infecting people to turn them into more of itself. That's been a common trend in internet horror series, I've noticed, and some people are theorizing it might function like John Carpenter's The Thing. It may have the aesthetics of cryptids like skinwalkers or aliens but the mythology could be totally different, BHVR putting its own spin on it.

We'll find out in 4 days, I'm looking forward to the PTB. I can't play it myself but I'm eager to see what we're getting.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 883
    edited February 16

I remember a not especially credible rumor a month ago concerning BHVR losing the license to use another Universal IP in DBD, specifically Jurassic Park. But could this license maybe have been The Thing instead?

I'm definitely getting The Thing vibes from what we've learned about the new Killer so far. A weird alien creature able to mimic humans (albeit in a very disturbing and unsettling way) is obviously a very similar concept. I wonder if the Killer could be based on work they did for a The Thing chapter that ultimately fell through.

• Caiman

BHVR just posted that the new killer is unrelated to any Native American folklore, so it is officially not a skinwalker. I doubted they'd go that far with it and would instead just stick to the internet horror theme of monsters in the woods. Still definitely gives off a creepy cryptid vibe, though.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Does that cross out fleshgait too? Cuz that's the Internet version of basically the same thing.

• pizzavessel15
    pizzavessel15 Member Posts: 534
    edited February 17
    Post edited by EQWashu on
  • OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,699

The video teaser they posted today. I have never been so disturbed by anything dead by daylight related. I am amazed.

Hopefully it will be similar in game. If it moves in a unpredictable and quick way then it'll be great.

• Vorahk08

First time I've jumped at DBD related advertisements. The incredible thing is that every teaser provides more information but leads to us asking more questions. This Teaser answered my questions about how it's mimicking human voices, but completely invalidated my theories about what it actually is and why it's doing it. No matter what happens on Tuesday, this is BHVR's best advertising campaign to date.

Bravo, BHVR, bravo.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    edited February 17

I paused the video a few times during the attack, and my wife pointed something out. There is a frame before the pic you posted that shows what looks like two or maybe three mouths. One mouth was pointed straight up, the other was to the left with what appears to be two other eyes that are different than the pair in the of you show. To the right of all that almost like like the back of another head.

it reminds me of the viral strain in that 80s movie leviathan that actively combines bodies. There are some good screen shots

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

The "Help me" part before charging is actually pretty scary. Very promising chapter 😍

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,930

Is this potentially the last chapter?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,719

No? Why would it be?

it’s the last chapter before the anniversary and the last one included in the current roadmaps. But usually a roadmap and new chapters for the upcoming year are announced during the anniversary stream.

• Ayodam

I thought OP was implying that by adding “possibly final?” to the title.

• Caiman

They meant the teaser posted yesterday is probably the final one before they fully reveal the chapter.

Speaking of, when does everyone think they'll drop the reveal trailer? The PTB is in three days. I was hoping they'd drop it today but if not then I'm really hoping it's tomorrow.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,627

I meant that it was possibly the final teaser for chapter 31. My apologies for the ambiguity.

• Xendritch

They're usually off for the weekend we'll probably get the trailer Monday.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,719

The trailer doesn’t usually drop before the PTB release, so I wouldn’t expect anything for Monday.

though idk if there is a stream announced for the release? Which probably would happen like right beforehand but they really only started with these recently and I don’t think it’s guaranteed for every PTB

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

I wouldn’t mind if there’s no trailer release and it’s just go and hop on the ptb to see whatever the ######### this killer is

• Xendritch

Trailer is probably the wrong term, I mean we should get a final teaser and we should finally get the chapter name monday.

• Ayodam
  • Vorahk08

I don't think they'd do a stream before a PTB, but they'll probably do one when it releases in March, similar to Alan Wake. They'll probably combo it with a reveal of the new event, similar to how they did it with Lights Out.

What I'd really like to see, though, is a behind the scenes video/stream, similar to what they did with End Transmission last year. I want to know all the juicy details of how they came up with this chapter, including how they came up with their most ambitious marketing campaign for a chapter ever.

• Caiman

I'm still trying to work out the nature of the monster because it's not perfectly straightforward.

The first teaser says they found Ashley and a weird figure in the woods. It describes Ashley as talking without moving her mouth and all she does is repeat what she said on her phonecall to Tyler. The other figure which is described as twisted then begins mimicking the writer's voice. If it just wanted to kill Ashley, then what was that figure the narrator saw that looked like Ashley alive but acting weirdly? A duplicate, a mimic? If so, what was the other one?

Then there's the teaser with Ryan and his weird scribblings. He went for the run in the woods and then came back acting strange, spending all his free time scribbling those weird drawings, but apparently acting normal when interacted with and denying he was doing anything odd. Did Ryan see something horrible in the woods and came back traumatized? Or is it Ryan at all, has he been replaced with a mimic? If so, what is it drawing and why? It looks like a twisted human face to me.

The last one on my mind is Lisa. One of the last things she says in her texts is that she thought she heard the neighbors and went to check, but writes "it wasn't them anyway". This strikes me as strange because she of the use of "it". This implies there was something out there that she encountered. If mimics are involved, was that actually Lisa writing the messages at the end?

There's a lot of questions raised and it leaves me wondering if any of these people are truly themselves anymore. I'm getting bodysnatcher vibes from a lot of this, not just a simple monster in the woods killing people. I could be overthinking it, of course, but I'm just eager to find out more.

• Wikimancer
    Wikimancer Member Posts: 7

"... One of the last things [that Lisa] says in her texts is that she thought she heard the neighbors and went to check, but writes 'it wasn't them anyway'. This strikes me as strange because...of the use of 'it'. This implies there was something out there that she encountered...."

I don't think that this is a lead. The surrounding context is that she thought that she heard the neighbors and went to check, but it wasn't the neighbors, after all. This sounds like the non-specific "it" that occurs in English, like if someone knocks on the door and the resident calls out "Who is it?" (or similarly "There's a phone call for you."/"Who is it?"), or if someone has (or is having) a baby and someone else asks the parent "Is it a boy or a girl?", or even just "What time is it?" It's just how it's phrased, with no particular meaning behind the use of the neuter pronoun.

Of course, the fact that Lisa was able to respond after checking the neighbors' yard before mysteriously disappearing is still the spooky part, but this could be as simple as the scary thing sneaking into her house while her back was turned and then getting her right after she texted (either by coincidence or by design). It's probably about to be a bad night for the PoV texter, too, if that's the case. Though, I think that the implication was meant to be that Lisa got baited outside a second time by a "voice" from the scary thing (pretending to be the neighbors or her partner w/ the pizza or whatever else) and then died at that time.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,627
    edited February 20

Was already mentioned in another thread, but to keep everything in one place I'mma just leave this here as well.

It appears to be a camera feed of a movie theatre, dubbed PROJECT0R01, likely meaning Projector Room. Not entirely sure why projector is spelled with a zero, though.

We can see what looks like a pallet towards the bottom, which strongly implies this is the new map.

there's also this newspaper in the bottom right. I can't really make out anything, though.

also relevant to mention is the description of the "stream". Suggests this footage is some kind of surveillance footage. Could it be SCP-inspired?