The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Disconnects at the 5 second mark

Twice in a row, I had a survivor disconnect right when the match hit the 5 second mark and the match was confirmed. WTH! I'm trying what a person would have to gain by doing this. I can't see how this was accidental. Has anyone else run into this?

Comments

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    Their game probably crashed, just didn't register until 5 seconds into the game I guess.
  • BabyKillerTears
    BabyKillerTears Member Posts: 24

Yeah it gets really annoying, might be some bad connection or something. I've seen it happen to some of my teammates too

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

As others have said, more likely than not it's a game crash or EAC issue. Most of the time people that DC that early aren't doing it on purpose. Having said that, there are cases in which someone will DC because they refuse to play on a certain map, but I think that's pretty rare.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

There's crashes and then there's the few jerks that wait until 6-8 seconds and try and game it although those are rarer.

Both myself and friends have had the game crash either EAC or just straight to desktop with and without error codes. Some of those are sadly Nvidia related while some others were due to that 1 or 2 Microsoft patches.

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Maybe the survivor didn't like the map.

• jazzyjune
    jazzyjune Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

its eac error code 1, kicks you right at the tip the match starts