If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Voice Chat

Options
MalekithHatesSnow
MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 203
edited February 17 in Feedback and Suggestions

Let's face it SoloQ will never be on the level of SWF so why not add proximity voice chat? Maybe even add a walkie talkie item that allows you to communicate over the map (with charges of course) If you don't want to participate in Voice chat there'll be an option to turn it off.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,040
    Options

Because it won't help solo queue in any meaningful way and definitely won't bridge the gap between them and SWF.

It would be kind of neat as a custom game option, though. Messing around with your friends in a custom game with proximity chat enabled would be really funny, and would allow for streamer/youtube content too.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,168
    Options

Why not use Discord (or any other platform) though, if you're playing with your friends anyway? I'm not against adding it for custom games but I don't see the use in that.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,065
    Options

I agree and I think chat wheel would be best option you can then communicate good enough without it breaking immersion of the game.

• Chiky
    Chiky Member Posts: 598
    Options

because this community is one of the most toxoc communities i've ever seen...

What we need is a simple dialogue wheel

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

Doesn't DBD mobile already have a chat wheel system of sorts? Just use that instead of the voice coms. Also have a limit on it so people can't spam it.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options

The reason I play SoloQ is because I don't want to hear kids ruin the experience for me, as well as I like that element of the game to be about survival and immersion, which I'd lose.

The idea of it being optional also os problematic, because if someone doesn't wish to join in and the others do, I don't trust the others to work together to screw me over.

There is already a solution in going to forums and finding people to play with. Many do this and look for others to team up with. I believe this is how it should stay as you can communicate well enough without with pointing, teabagging, nodding and such.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,492
    Options

Haven't you heard? SWF and Solo are at the same level now.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

I'll pass honestly. I think more information (moving all the stuff hidden in the tutorial and adding detailed explanations of killer powers, information on items/perks/addons and so on in a compendium more readily accessible) and a chat wheel would be better than voice. Voice chat only helps toxicity even more.

And even if they add proximity chat, we already know SWF will just use discord and bypass the proximity requirements anyway. It won't be that much more powerful, but it's still an issue I believe should be brought up.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

Proxy chat would be damn fun in custom games. Unfortunately, as much as I wish for it to happen, I doubt BHVR would be willing to dedicate resources on something only playable in custom matches.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,159
    edited February 17
    Options

Definite support for a chat wheel... and more emote/taunt animations. Asking for character voice lines is probably too much, and liable to being spammed, but I'd much MUCH rather more emotes than voice chat. I similarly would perma Mute in game voice chat.

Would be a good thread to explore exactly what emotes and wheel chats we would want.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,705
    Options

No...

I dont want annoying people following me around the whole game saying wierd stuff..

• KA149108
    KA149108 Member Posts: 292
    Options

"Screaming into their vacuum cleaner" 😂😂😂😂😂😂