If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Few hours until PTB! Lets do final quess on Killers power and all perks

Options
Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,325
edited February 20 in General Discussions

It will be really fun to comeback to this after everything about new chapter got revealed and see if who quessed anything right and by how much haha.

• It will be one killer and one survivor
  • it will be map set in new realm
  • Killer will have some kind of stealth ability, could be like a jump or dash attack from stealth
  • Killer will walk on all 4 and maybe has 3rd person camera like Chucky
  • Killer perks will be in theme of Generators, Finding Survivors and Hex
  • Survivor perks will be something with Stealth, being able to gain distance and something that helps others in need.

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

My guess is, that we´ll see some strong anti tunneling perks.

• North85
    North85 Member Posts: 90
    edited February 20
    Options

I'm guessing either The Thing or Skinwalkers.

I'm HOPING killer has a power that fundamentally changes how it plays, for example, scaling walls, maybe pouncing on survivors that way, idk. I just hope its not another "Demogorgon + Wraith" combo or whatever.

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 360
    Options

I just hope it will be an original chapter, so I can get it with iri shards if I want.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Killer is hopefully will be fine but i am pretty sure perks all will be garbage. BHVR just can't create good perks anymore.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

Is the PTB today? That's cool as I'm looking forward to seeing the new killer.

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 203
    Options

"like a dash attack"

if its yet another run forward injure/teleport/animation lock attack killer then this will be one of the most disappointing chapters ever

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 495
    Options

Nice. I can't wait to get a good look at this hideous creature. It's so intriguing I keep forgetting there's a survivor.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

My guess for killer perks:

1# Hooking the same survivor within 120 seconds 2 times blocks all the generators for 3 minutes and shows survivor auras 12 meters around pallets during that duration.

#2 When hitting a survivor, kicken a pallet or a generator, the survivor who got unhooked the last time is exposed for 2 minutes, suffers from 30% hindred and the aura will be shown to the killer until they are dead.

#3 Leaving the hook for more then 6 meters makes every survivor within 80 meter range of the killer exposed.

Survivor perks

#1 If every survivor suffers from one or more status effects, you are able to open chests 1,5% faster.

#2 The radius of any boon totem is increased by 1 meter. Once a boon gets destroyed, this perk deactivates for the rest of the trial and the survivor who blessed the boom is exposed and suffers from the hindred status effect for 180 seconds.

#3 Flashligh blind duration is increased by 3%, but consumtion rate is also increased by 300%. Blinding the killer will make every hook a scourge hook until the survivor is dead.

Probably close enough.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,299
    Options

It’s been confirmed to be original and not licensed iirc

Yeah, on the official roadmap they confirmed it’s on Feb 20th!

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 360
    Options
  • Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,039
    Options

Survivor Perks

1# Quick Jump.

Your vault speed increases by 1%. After performing a fast vault, all gens are blocked for 120 sec and killer can now go through walls until the survivor loses a health state.

2# Boon: Economy

You can set a boon with a 24mt radius. Within the boon radius, you can see the current bloodpoint gain for any player in the trial.

3# Cartographer

After repairing a gen for 60sec, Cartographer activates. While injured, increases the chances of getting a Green Addonless Map from a chest by 10%.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    edited February 20
    Options

I think it will be like Alien + Legion.

Alien, in the sense that it will have a walk mode and crawl mode. Legion, in the sense that it will make survivors think it is another survivor.

Instead of having a small silhouette (like the Legion do) to resemble a survivor, it will use sounds that only survivors would make, like breaths from jogging or grunts of pain. However, if there is an injured Jake, sneaking up to Jake while sounding like an injured Jake is not going to fool Jake. For this reason, the killer would not mimic the sounds of the closest survivor.

This would also mean that the survivors must become blinded while in deception mode so that perks like Bond don't give away the deception. (But then the blindness would let everyone know the killer is in deception mode. Maybe the survivors cannot read each other's auras the whole match? Sounds rough.)

If this turns out to be the killer's power, it will be stronger against solo q than SWF, like most things are.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options
  • Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,692
    Options

It looks like a cryptid of some sort so I hope it's power has something to do with paranoia.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,232
    edited February 20
    Options

More haste perks

If I had to guess Chucky was testing the waters for a similar power - Usually when BHVR makes something new that isn't the only thing similar in the pipeline. Going to assume the killer is low to the ground and uses a third person camera so they have a non licensed character with a similar trait.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I'll be home in 10 hours from work to play then I'll join in the festivities 😒

• MagicDragon
    MagicDragon Member Posts: 57
    Options

I predict there will be at least 100 posts complaining about the power level of [new thing]. I imagine there will be people saying [new thing] is completely broken OP, and other people will say [new thing] is completely useless.

After the PTB, they're going to make changes to [new thing], or maybe they aren't. If they do, people are going to say "[new thing] was fine, why'd you {nerf /buff} it, nobody asked for this". If they don't change it, people will say "how could you possibly leave [new thing] as it was?"

2 months past release [new thing] will have a 1.5% use rate, everything will be fine, and people will only have a vague recollection of being mad at BHVR for some reason and will use that as an excuse to be rude to the devs

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,229
    Options

I think the killer might be similar to chucky gameplay. Undetectable with a dash sort of attack like we see in the tent teaser.

New survivor i think could be the character named "Tyler". They seem to be the only one who actually survived an encounter with the monster.

I think the new map will actually be in the "Withered Isle" realm, devs said one day a map will be added to that realm (it's garden of joy realm)

The map appears to be at least partly a movie theater.

Killer perks probably involve deception and making survivor afraid.

New survivor perks might be inspired by horror movies.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,292
    Options

Absolutely this. Whilst skin crawler and such do look creepy and have a decent aesthetic, I can't really see what else it will do except for running around like Victor and lunging like Demo. Hopefully that thing we saw in the video was a survivor being possessed and we haven't seen what did it.

Think it'll be a meh crawler thing with a lunge power with some kind of survivor mimicking gaff.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

Don't forget, if [new thing] turns out to be good, everyone will pretend it doesn't exist so they can continue complaining that they never receive good things. If it turns out to be bad, it will be mentioned endlessly as proof that they never receive good things.

• Caiman
    Options

I don't think it's Tyler. Tyler never even got close to one of the things, he was just a guy on a phone. If the survivor will be anyone from the teasers, my bet would be on Ryan (if he isn't secretly a mimic monster) since he already encountered and escaped one. But personally, I think it'll be a wholly unique character who hasn't been mentioned or seen thus far.

My biggest hope for the new killer is that they don't overexplain the lore. A spooky mysterious monster can remain a spooky mysterious monster. I don't want to know its personality or its tastes in anime, I just wanna know the scary stuff it does. I don't need anything more than "messed up freaky creepy thing in the woods that ate 20 people in a small Canadian town".

• OrangeBear
    Options

Sorry it looks like i remembered the first teaser wrong. I thought the character that the teaser is narrated by was called tyler, but upon re-looking they don't seem to be named at all.

Ryan is the one who made those drawings right? That would make a lot of sense to be the survivor i kinda forgot about them. I think it would be cool it reminds me of quentin.

• Caiman
    Options

Yeah, Ryan is the guy who was constantly scribbling eerie drawings after he took a morning run through the woods. Either he saw something that really messed him up, or he was killed and replaced by a bodysnatcher.

Just to recap all the characters: Ashley was stolen into the woods by a monster and might have turned into one, Tyler was her boyfriend on the phone, Ryan was the guy making strange drawings, Lisa disappeared from her home after hearing strange noises outside, and Shaun was the camper in the woods who took a photo of something before disappearing.

...Wait, I just realized something. The group chat where Shaun's disappearance was discussed is called the "Movie crew", and the teaser BHVR posted last night was footage of a movie theater.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited February 20
    Options

Doesn't really matter if it is good or not, bc if it is it will probably have some downsides so people will prefer something solid and less conditional without hinderance. If it is good and survivors like it, then it will get nerfed to the point that it buys you like 3 seconds in whatever situation. It's a lose lose situation, Respectfully.

If the devs made perks for killers like they do for survivors it would be something like

"insert killer perk name: gain the ability to instadown 4 times per match, however take a blindness stun duration for 50/40/30 seconds after each instadown"

Post edited by HeroLives on
  • Caiman
    Options
  • OrangeBear
    Options
  • Caiman
    Options

Also, you were right, the new map is in the Withered Isle realm.

• Caiman
    Options

The new survivor's story does say she's Mikaela's friend. She also introduces a new survivor perk type. It seems like mystical hipster girls are really good at doing magic in The Entity's Realm.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,038
    Options

TURNS OUT I HAVE MUCH TO ######### LEARN

I WILL HONE MY CRAFT AND COME BACK EVEN WORSE NEXT CHAPTER

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,553
    Options

Does the survivor's invocation or whatever perk mean the person has to stay in the basement for 2 minutes and hope your team mates are taking advantage of it?

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,022
    edited February 20
    Options

Looks like the killer will have an infection type of ability that causes Survivors to hallucinate.

The Survivor is a friend of Mikaela. I hope she has voice lines whenever she’s near the annoying totem eating redhead.

The map is a movie theater.

https://gaymingmag.com/2024/02/dead-by-daylight-reveals-new-original-chapter-all-things-wicked/