genuine question- should killers be granted a 5th perk slot?

Options
Commander_Nefarious
Commander_Nefarious Member Posts: 63
edited February 21 in Feedback and Suggestions

maybe as a p100 reward or something? its a 1v4 so 4v16 perks, would a 5th perk slot greatly change the advantage towards killer? would be interesting to test in a ptb

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Commander_Nefarious
    Commander_Nefarious Member Posts: 63
    Options

i see that but someone like freddy or trapper isnt as effective as a blight or nurse. they struggle because of it. so applying your logic would then adding a 6th perk slot be problematic?

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

I think so. If you’re one to go by stats both Freddy and Trapper are performing well and actually do better than Nurse (she has the lowest kill rate in the game). 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,073
    Options

Definitely not. It’s hard enough to balance for four perk slots and I really don’t want to see the resulting tsunami of survivor tears flood the forum.

While they’re going slower than I’d like, they are improving the weaker killers. I just wish they’d stop nerfing (Pigs traps) or buffing things that no one’s asked for.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,698
    Options

To address the concerns people have about "they'd just pick a 5th meta perk," I would be interested to see a weighted system, in which Killers and Survivors have a certain amount of points they can spend on their build.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,982
    Options

A 5th slot shouldn't be locked behind p100 if one were to be added. Either it's easily accessible for everyone or it doesn't exist.

• The_Yosh
    The_Yosh Member Posts: 145
    Options

As a solo queue survivor. Hell no. Despite what people say, the majority of killers WILL pick another meta perk. Just look at the top 10 killer perks verse the top 10 survivor perks.

Also, they already just got one, it is called the FOV slider. Remember how that used to be a perk?

However, as a killer player. Hell yes. I'd love another slot so I can camp and tunnel survivors easier. I'd like to say I'd use it to actually run Bamboozle as a Bubba main (I don't usually run it). But in reality I'd just run NOED/NWO on my tunnelling Skull Merchant build. 💁‍♂️

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Killer already sit on 60% killrate and we are asking for a 5th perk slot?

Survivor may have in total 16 perk slots, but apparently it is not enough for them to have a positive outcome.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,989
    Options

Because of this I'd be down to try a point system like some of the COD games do. Weaker or more niche perks would be worth less points so you could use more of them. This could also allow for perks that would otherwise be considered too strong. Just Jack up the point cost so it would take up like half of your point allotment.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options
  • humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

Like me personally I would always use agitation in the fifth perk slot because it’s the ultimate comfort perk

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

This should have been a thing since the start to be honest. And depending on the Killer, you have more or less points to spend (e.g. a Nurse should only be able to run Meme-Perks and bad Perks, a Clown should have access to more points for more better Perks).

But it is way too late now for this.

@Topic:

A 5th Perk Slot for Killer is out of question. This was asked a few times over the years, but it would be highly imbalanced. And with at least 60% Killrate for quite a bunch of Killers, I dont really see the need to buff them even more.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

If perks work like Hollow Knight charm, like there are 15 slots for 4 perks. Some takes 5 slots, some 4 and some 3. If you use weak perks, you can use 5 slots, if meta, you can use 3 perks.

3 3 3 3 3

3 4 4 4

3 3 4 5

5 5 5

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

Not really, just imagine how much more oppressive the super strong killers like Nurse or Blight would be if they could stack 5 slowdown perks.

For some of the weaker killers or casual sessions it would be neat, but BHVR can't balance what's already in the game, so it's better if they don't touch that Pandora's box.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

They could still implement a point system, like every one got 10pts, a purple perk costs 4pts, a green 2pts, a yellow 1pts, so most likely a loadout had 2 purple, 2 yellow or 1 purple 3 green. Meta perks or special combos (FTP+Buckle Up, for example) could coat extra.

This is just a quick and dirty sketch, but something like this would probably still be doable and also make the perk levels 1 and 2 not only a thing of the first 50h of the game, before fading into oblivion.

• Akumakaji
    Options

On topic though: yeah, an unconditional 5th slot were busted, but I sometimes muse if we could give peeps (not just killers) a conditioned extra slot for some sort of weak sauce support perk, like the perks that no one got ever room for in their builds, but that are still somehow nice to have, just totally off meta.

This support perks could also rotate weekly, thus giving another avenue to keep the game a bit fresh. Imagine occasionally having bloodhound or Reactive healing as an extra, just for fun and spice

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 692
    edited February 21
    Options

In a word, no. Absolutely not.

Besides, what are add-ons if not two extra mini perks to equip? The Legion (for example) has a mini version of Ruin (Fuming Mixtape) that they can activate anytime they're in their power. Add-ons are decently strong and do the same job as perks a lot of the time.

I think if anything, the opposite is true. Experienced Killers are more likely to limit their perks to give themselves an extra challenge, not to want an extra perk slot to play with.

On the other hand, I do sometimes wish I could bring more "fun" perks and I do like the idea of maybe categorising perks by their relative strength. For example, Killers could have 5 perk slots but 3 perks have to be chase perks and only 2 could be gen regression / slowdown. Would be a huge rework to the way the game works and in the end, I'm not sure it would be worth it.

• canonjack001
    canonjack001 Applicant Posts: 66
    Options

It would be a hex slot because I haven't seen any hex except NOED for long long time.

• kit_mason
    kit_mason Member Posts: 247
    Options

What? No. Especially not as a p100 award, and advocating for that as a p100 award feels very much like bait.

Presuming this suggestion to be earnest though: Their fifth perk is, as others have said, their power, and it's addons.

• caligraph
    caligraph Member Posts: 359
    Options

If killers were equal then its a hard, hard maybe... even then if all killers were blight or spirit level then they wouldnt need it. Only as a bandaid fix to the lower tiers and nobody likes bandaid fixes. As somebody said above killers do get their power as their 5th slot and while not all are created equal we could just buff the weaker ones.

• nikodemo
    nikodemo Member Posts: 758
    Options

yes!

the 5th slot should be ONLY for Gen Regression/Stalling, and you cannot slot Gen Regression/Stalling in the normal 4 slots. only this 5th slot.

this prevents loadouts of all gen regression/stalling perks.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,982
    Options

The problem is this would just create a new meta side perk slot. People would just pick the best of the available options in that slot and it would also require the devs to have to build a list of acceptable perks for the slot and keeping it updated as the meta changes.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♂️ where you got your stats from but you’re barely correct. I wanted to fact check this if we are going by stats.

Trapper does not to better than nurse and Freddy is only 3% higher than nurse on killer rate likely because nurse is harder to play. Power level she is amazing.

In regards to the lowest kill rate in the game, you’re also incorrect about that as well. That Prize 🏆 currently goes to our beloved singularity sitting at barely 50%. Close tie to him is nemesis at 51%.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,514
    Options

I would personally like to see a fifth perk for killers in my humble opinion, I don’t know if it’ll ever happen to be honest, but it would be nice

• Bradcore
    Bradcore Member Posts: 68
    Options

I've always felt killers should have an extra slot specifically for totems,simply because they can be snuffed out.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Of course, any restricted set of options will invariably create a meta, but I am just brainstorming an idea that coudl still sorta work. Bloodhound is not a bad tracking perk, but there are literally 50 better options to put into any perk slot, probably more. Red Hering is a fun perk that can occasionally totally mess with the killer and make them waste a ton of time searching around a gen that just exploded, but ehhh ... there are quite literally hundreds of better options to put into any perk slot. But if you got only Red Hering, Self Preservation, Poise and Troubleshooter, well maybe you would try it out, just for fun.

• _Onyx_
    _Onyx_ Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 348
    Options

Yes, I've been saying this for a while now. The core gameplay and inventory system needs a refresher. This includes a 5th perk for Killer among other changes

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,409
    Options

I like this idea, as a weekly thing. All killers get Territorial Imperative or sumsuch perk at base, one of the almost never run perks. I bet more than a few killers will discover they suddenly mix up their standard builds sometimes because they occasionally get unexpected value outta them.