If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Any add-on ideas for good ol' Pyramid Head?

Options

Been playing Executioner lately and he's a blast to play as! He might actually be my third main. He's a very relaxing killer to play as, but unfortunately his add-ons are horrible and some of the worst add-on sets in the game. But what do you think? Any ideas for potential add-ons that he could use, or ideas for buffs of his current add-ons? I'll start with my ideas:

Valtiel Sect Photograph

A photograph of two figures in red hoods.

Entitled Crimson and White Banquet for the Gods.

• Decreases the cooldown time of a successful Punishment of the Damned Attack by -16 %.

(from 2.25 seconds to 1.89 seconds)

Forgotten Videotape

A videotape of two lovers vacationing in Silent Hill. Despite its sentimental value, it was left behind in the Lakeview Hotel.

• Decreases the cooldown time of a successful Punishment of the Damned Attack by -8 %.

(from 2.25 seconds to 2.07 seconds)

(Both combined = 1.71 seconds)

Comments

• Cheque0826
    Cheque0826 Member Posts: 31
    Options

I think it's great that PH gets better accessories, like Ghostface who also has very few useful accessories. Iridescents definitely need a change as they give very little advantage, some options would be: knocking down someone with Torment causes the most advanced spawner to lose 10% progress (or something like that); Another could be that damaging someone who has Torment with M2 puts them on the ground. Other accessories could be mini versions of their base abilities, like kicking a generator will give you Undetectable for a while (not until the generator is repaired, like Path of Torment works).

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,954
    Options

There could be an add-on where hitting a tormented survivor with Punishment of the Damned explodes the most progressed generator in the trial, would be pretty cool.

Add-ons of mini versions of their abilities has been done for Overheat Billy and Blight, and I personally like those concepts. Ghostface also has a mini I'm All Ears in the Address Book add-on. For mini Trail of Torment, after caging a survivor, the next generator you kick will make you go undetectable for 30 seconds. For a mini Deathbound, when a tormented survivor heals another survivor for 1 health state, they scream. For a mini Forced Penance, maybe make it so that both survivors striked in the same Punishment of the Damned are given the Broken status effect for 60 seconds.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    D0NN1ED4RK0 Member Posts: 715
    edited February 19
    Options

A few weeks back I made my own addon pass but I won’t deny

this is by far the most biased braindead addon pass I created and I only created it for fun

And this is another form of design

I actually finished those addon concepts but I’ll never show the descriptions publicly mostly cause they just look embarrassing to read

oh and some of them were inspired by certain broken addons from certain killers (alch ring, reworked iri tag, and drivers license)

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options

One thought I had was based on the failed plan to have Punishment of the Damned inflict Torment: Add-ons that allow Punishment to inflict Torment if the Survivor is afflicted with something else first. Ex: Punishment hits on Survivors afflicted with Oblivious inflict Torment as well. Or Blindness, or whatever. If that's still too strong, can have it be "indict Torment on Survivors hit with Punishment X seconds of being inflicted with a status effect"

Alternatively, add-ons that inflict statuses with Punishment hits rather than while affected by Torment.

One idea you could borrow from Artist's Oil Painted: Gain Killer Instinct detection on any Survivors within X feet of any Trails in the environment even if they are not standing on them directly.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Delaying the appearance for his M2 would be strong as addon. It would make dodging it really difficult.

• Depressedlegion
    Depressedlegion Member Posts: 272
    Options

Increase movement speed while the sword is in the ground would be nice.

• glitchboi
    Options

Honestly I like the ideas you've got going here, Pyramid Head's PotD attack breaking pallets would be really fun. I'm also glad that Crimson Book got revisited to now include Mangled. Tbh Videotape should be iridescent or purple because of how notable and important it is in Silent Hill 2.

I'd love to see more of your add-on ideas, they've gotten more experimental with add-ons such as Legion's BFFs having a token-based system, and Ghostface having a gen regression add-on. I might actually try and make an Executioner add-on pass concept as well.

• glitchboi
    Options

This one would be really interesting and fun to use, might be very similar to Nemesis's linger tech.

• glitchboi
    Options

I think that'd be a good way to balance out Torment inflicting through PotD. Another idea is to make it so that if it hits from the last 8-10 metres of the ranged attack, Torment gets inflicted onto the survivor, rewarding long-range hits similarly to Slinger's Iridescent Coin.

• glitchboi
    Options
  • D0NN1ED4RK0
    edited February 21
    Options

Oh my god I’m actually glad someone understood my iri addons thing being notable to SH2 :D

also I got more I could show you some of the addon concepts I created if you’re interested in seeing more of my ideas!

also I would look forward to see your ideas as well :D

• glitchboi
    Options
  • D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

I’m not gonna show all of them cause I went to give them a relook a while back and I’ll probably rework those and show them but for now you can see those!

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 954
    Options

PotD applying Torment to Healthy Survivors. (Not Injured. So no Off-hook/Cage/Tunneling shots and gives you a choice of going for a Healthy PotD hit or to take an easy M1)

PotD Breaking Pallets/Breakable Walls.

Torment Trails Hinder for the duration of Killer Instinct.

Survivors suffer from Deep Wounds when hit with PotD.

Hooking a Tormented Survivor shows the Obsessions Aura for 6s.

• glitchboi
    edited February 21
    Options

I honestly like what you've got going here. Range add-ons need a buff IMO, I'd argue that Black Strap should also be base-kit. A bit of extra range would be nice.

Obsidian Goblet technically already exists in the form of Valtiel Sect Photograph. Since it takes 20 seconds to recover, it would only take 2 seconds off of the recovery, so it would be worse than the current recovery add-ons. I use my M2 a lot so the recharge add-ons are pretty nice to use. I'd probably buff Valtiel Sect Photograph to reduce the recovery time by 7 seconds and get rid of the other recharge-based add-ons, or maybe merging the recharge add-ons with the duration add-ons.

Mannequin Foot definitely needs a buff. IMO I feel like it should have another effect (along with the other trail duration add-ons) where you can see the auras of torment trails from longer aura ranges.

I feel like Spearhead might be a bit too powerful since it would make Executioner a little too powerful in the zoning category, and if I'm correct the 10% haste would make him move at 120% while charging up his PotD (which is a tad too much IMO). The haste being reduced to 2.5% should be fine though. Another possible idea for Spearhead is to make it so that walking on your own trails (similar to iri obsidian goblet) gives you a 5% haste effect with a 3 second linger.

I'm looking forward to more potential ideas that you might have, thanks for sharing!

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    edited February 21
    Options

I said that in thread before that all of his recharge addons so should put into one addon

and also I did change a few things in valtiel sect addon when I made this whole addon pass in one day

and yes maybe spearhead might need to be toned down abit

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

Ok so I decided to redo my addon pass concept cause there were some addons that were too op and some were pretty much useless so here’s what I’ve created so far (iris are gonna be the same btw)

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,930
    edited February 24
    Options

Iridescent Forgotten Video Tape: this tape oozes a disturbing aura and the air in the same room with it feels thick and cloing, like a wet blanket trying to suffocate a would-be-viewer. It shows footage of an Executioner of another time, a true master swordsman who could swing the giant cleaver effortlessly through the air and even ground.

Effect: for 60s total The Executioner can use his punishment of the damned smooth and swift, like his predecessor from a place called PTB. Once the time is up, this add-on deactivates for the rest of the trial.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    edited March 2
    Options

I finally got an idea to what the iri forgotten videotape addon would be…. Thoughts?

and yes I’ve been playing other killers recently

and this addon might feel worthless after thinking of it

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

I miss this version of pyramid head

I still remember the excitement I had when I first launched the silent hill PTB and how smooth his power was

rlly wish the devs revert this change

• glitchboi
    Options

Honestly bringing back launch PH as an iridescent add-on would be sick and having it limited at the same time as compensation is nice.

• glitchboi
    edited March 2
    Options

I think instead of making the survivor Oblivious it should make you Undetectable for 20-30 seconds since Oblivious doesn't hide the red stain. PH could use some more stealth add-ons!

Speaking of another Oblivious add-on, I think the Lost Memories Book should have its Oblivious increased to 60-90 seconds and have it activate whenever a survivor steps on a torment trail (assuming that it only gives them Oblivious when they get Tormented for the first time). It has the potential to be a good add-on because of the killer instinct that shows when a survivor steps on a trail.

• glitchboi
    Options

I think the issue with your idea is that it might not be as good for an iridescent. Once you hit a survivor with PotD the survivor will gain a huge amount of distance and you won't be able to hit them immediately after even if your power is fully recharged (unless they really screw up and don't make distance). It could probably work as a purple or green add-on just without the downside of it punishing missed attacks, it could combo well with Infectious Fright.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,930
    Options

For real, at first it was meant as a kinda joke, but actually, why not? I think that this would work pretty well, and a time limited ressource like this could always be tweaked up and down, as needed. It definitely checks the gold standart for Iri-add-ons: it changes the way the killer is played in a meaningful way, is interesting and not a straight upgrade of something else.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    edited March 2
    Options

Yes! Maybe that idea could go well for one of his worthless purple or green addons!

and maybe you’re right about lost memories this change to the oblivious duration could make that addon more viable to use

also I have a few ideas for a gen regress addon since BHVR might actually create a few of those

we already have drivers license on ghostface

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    edited March 5
    Options

Ik this thread is annoying people with how I constantly spam and showcase my ideas here (so I’m sincerely sorry for that) but I’ve finished an entire addon pass concept and I got an idea for an iri videotape and I think this one might be perfect

and god help if most of these addons end up being into the game cause they feel scary with most of their design but they can synergize with eachother making variety

• glitchboi
    edited March 5
    Options

It's not annoying! It's good to know that you have a lot of ideas for a killer you're faithful for. There's some killers that barely anybody plays and cares about, so knowing that there are mains for a certain killer that want changes for them and is faithful for them really warms my heart. PH deserves better add-ons and BHVR needs to be made aware of that, literally anything is better than what PH has right now. I'm down to see what ideas you've got going for an add-on pass.

• D0NN1ED4RK0
    Options

I made a post cause I think it’s better off to make it as a post cause I’ve been working on these since January btw and this one is pretty lengthy