My Opinion about SoloQ vs SWF

Options

You stronger when playing with friends, you weaker when playing with random survivor, I don't think this is so hard to understand.

I played SoloQ for more than 3 years before the HUD, and still managed to play without any problems (yes, a few times enter phase two hooks, so what? Without communication its normal thing to happen)

With HUD my soloQ experience went up dramatically, although in the beginning I was against HUD because I didn't like being spoiled just like Windows of Opportunity spoiled survivors

With HUD ;

1. You know who the killer is chasing.

2. You know who is healing or being healed.

3. You know how many generator is about to finish. (if you pay attention to which direction the survivor is running, you can even tell approximately where generator that survivor working)

4. Killer with Hex perk? Oh wait someone is cleansing totem, that's probably a hex totem.

5. Who has been hooked twice. So you can set a strategy whether to divert the killer or help that survivor.

Still feel like it's not enough? Use aura reading perk or item key with aura reading addon.

One thing, if possible, medkit you bring use on other survivor, not on yourself. (Save charge and heal faster)

Leave perk like self care, it only prevents you from cooperating with other survivors.You have to learn to get used to working with other survivors, stop using soloish perks.

Translated with DeepL https://www.deepl.com/app/?utm_source=android&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=share-translation

Comments

• MikeStev
    MikeStev Member Posts: 383
    Options

You explained it better than me, yes, situations you described can be done with help from HUD, no need to use discord or voice communication.

survivors just need to get used to playing soloQ and learn to cooperate with random survivors.

• MikeStev
    Options

from what I read it's not like that (not about matchmaking).

They want to close the gap between soloQ and SWF, they even asked for voice chat or more information for soloQ like basekit Kindred for example, making players able to see who is swf who is soloq etc.

What is the difference between soloQ and swf? The information received by the player.

SWF = good teammate, Random = bad teammate? Nope, SWF don't always mean good players, your friends can make mistakes and then you laugh together because it's a friend or because there's voice chat, people tend to be more tolerant.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 596
    Options

Most people who play solo don't ever touch SWF. Because of that, they assume that having info is what makes a difference, when it's not. If you play solo and get three other solid players then you can immediately tell that the matchmaking is the problem.

• MikeStev
    Options

If you play solo and get three other solid players then you can immediately tell that the matchmaking is the problem

hmm? SoloQ means getting random teammates, some use healing builds some use build for generator, some can loop killer longer some down fast etc. isn't that normal? Isn't that the same thing for SWF? unless you're playing with a tournament team.

• TieBreaker
    Options

Being in a SWF doesn't mean you will have good teammates. Solo players just think being in a SWF will lead to successful matches because killers constantly complain that SWF is broken and unbeatable. But most players don't have the opportunity to SWF, so they never realise that it's not true.

• TieBreaker
    Options

I played about four matches today. My first had the killer drop chase with me after about a minute of looping. He then grabbed a teammate off a gen. He then grabbed a second off a different gen. Then the first survivor got grabbed again off a dull totem.

The second match a teammate got hooked, then a second went down after trying to body block the hook. Then a third teammate fast vaulted into a locker and got grabbed. All three in the basement.

Playing survivor is just a mess sometimes.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,576
    Options

Holy jeesus on a motorbike! Solo queue at it finest! 😮

• TieBreaker
    Options

I also tried to boop a Pig and died trying. It hasn't been a great day so far lmao

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,576
    Options
  • TieBreaker
    Options

It's worth dying several times just on the off chance it works once.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,996
    Options

It's just like that Deight quote, which rings true: "We have to work as a team! I need you to survive so that I can survive!".

Understanding and using the HUD better does improve on the experience. It helps with the flow and - when all Survivors are onboard - the trial can be absolutely amazing to play!

It's also about knowing when to get involved with chases and when to pick up the slack. If someone is on their last hook and I've not taken any, if I know where they are I will always take the chase. The longer you keep 4 players in, the greater the chances of escaping (obviously!!).

A better tutorial will help, as well as players working more altruistically, at least up until the later stages. A fair few players get involved with a non-altruistic build or mentality, which can cost games heavily. Whilst SWFs do do better with communication, a lesser mentioned reason is altruism and taking the slack. Granted, too much of it can result in a #########-storm, but at the same time it can work more often than not.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,362
    Options

Conversely, there’s also Yun-Jin:

"The weak are sacrificed first. It's nature, it's business... it's the truth most refuse to face." — Yun-Jin Lee

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

For a Killer, that's perfect! To survive as a team mate, it's less the truth people refuse to admit and more the lie people want to believe.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

The players who would most benefit from your post don’t frequent these forums. I have a theory players like these are super casuals, and children. I bet you if mics were on in DBD for a weekend, the community would be floored by how many middle schoolers play this game.

• saym
    saym Member Posts: 82
    Options

The problem with solo queue is MMR.

• MikeStev
    Options
  • saym
    Options

I just want players of the same skill set to play the match.

So I don't know the answer.

• MikeStev
    Options

That means you have no problem facing nurse and blight in almost every match.

if you forgot, try to remember SBMM when it was first implemented, almost every match sweaty.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,130
    Options

Not necessarily. I do think it could improve but I think the main problem with SoloQ is the typical players mindset of playing it as a single player game with the “option” of being a team player.

People are selfish and prioritize themselves in SoloQ, especially the less skilled/experienced. Rather than go for hook saves or take chase, most would rather avoid the killer and hide or stick to a gen.

The other, larger problem is the entitled attitude that many seem to have. Someone get downed at 5 gens? DC or Suicide on hook! Killer or map not to their liking? Same as before. If you dare save them before they can go next, they’ll just sabotage the match or run back to the killer. I’ve had lots of matches where someone gets themselves killed on purpose and we still make it to endgame. They just have zero patience.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,362
    Options

Yeah! But Yun-Jin the survivor is saying that the solitary, self-preservation playstyle is viable whether other survivors like it or not. Other survivors can be teammates but they can also be tools for one’s own use. When other survivors escape while you die, after all, do you gain MMR, bloodpoints, or emblems? No. You don’t. Conversely you don’t lose these things when they die but you escape either. Frankly, I don’t know any team games on or offline that rewards only part of the team for achieving a goal. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Marc_go_solo
    Options

The difference is Dwight was talking about the trials, whilst Yun-Jin was talking about the music business. :p

I'm also sure I gain Blood points and Emblems whether I live or die. The only difference is MMR, and thay's not saying much. Some great reward.

Dwight all the way for me. Yun-Jin aims for the selfish playstyle, which is reliant mostly on luck and wishful thinking, whilst Dwight's team play is reliant on practicality and realism.

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,412
    Options

If that's the level I'm at that's the level I'm at.

The problem there is that only 2 killers can compete with good players, not that MMR is inherently a problem.

Other killers need to be brought up or both those 2 killers and good survivors be brought down to other killers level.

• saym
    Options

Yes.

At least it's better than playing with bad survivors and then getting tunneled by baby wraiths and losing.

Also it is only a problem with Nurse and Bright. And the system can be improved.

For example, divide queue into ranked mode and casual mode. And in ranked mode, nurse and bright are only 3perks. Add-ons are less than rare.

There are many ways to improve the system.