You Can Laugh or Cry - Your Choice, SoloQ

This is the defining meme of SoloQ for 2024.

Soloq is awful and you can be miserable as you enter the match or laugh your ass off as you play the inevitable disaster.

I chose to be the guy on the right side of the image as I go into SoloQ and with that mindset, you can literally laugh so hard at your teammates and the horrible decisions they make, including your own.

I tried this today and laughed so hard that I couldn't breathe and got a headache.

I'd love to be more optimistic but ironically enough, that just turns you into the guy on the left side of the bus.

Choose wisely, friends.

Comments

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 253

I'd love for BHVR to just say who's in an SWF or who's not so if its 4 solos I can take it easy but you don't know if its a 4 man SWF who'll bring 4 BNPS and teabag you at the exit gate

• MalekithHatesSnow
    MalekithHatesSnow Member Posts: 253

So I can take it easy not "go easy" If its 4 solos I know they're at a disadvantage and i'll try 3 hooking them you can't 3 hook a good SWF team try playing killer yeah?

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 348

"Just go maniacal." Thank you for this philosophical fountain of wealth.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,535

Why not both?

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,790

I made the smarter choice I feel 🫶

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

I just play mostly other games for the time being, if i play a round of dbd, i play as killer, but it gets boring too fast.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 946

Solo Queue Fix - Just assume the match will be a disaster with no chance of success and it will be less painful. It's sad but it does work. Playing something else is also very effective. I've been loving Tekken 8 recently.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,750

Agreed. Laughing makes it all the more bearable.

And was that a Startstruck Nurse by any chance? Whenever I something like this happened, I always thought of Startstruck Nurse.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,898

Controversial/Hot take, but I still say SWF’s should have their own mode in Asymetrical Horror games. Just comms alone trumps anything most killers can do, and these games try to “balance” based on the efficiency of coordinated SWF’s, which indirectly make solo que even harder. Pair that up with a terrible matchmaking system, and you have yourself a recipe for solo que hell.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,882

It does, indeed. Definitely better than complaining about every single SoloQ trial that goes horribly bad.

And actually it wasn't a Starstruck Nurse. When this screenshot was taken, Starstruck didn't exist. It was a Spirit, and to this day I still have no idea how did she manage to do that.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,750

Could have been a Prayer Beads Bracelet Spirit. 🤔

Come to think of it, it couldn't have been Startstruck Nurse anyway because this was the old HUD and Trickster was released after they changed it.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,882

Wish I could remember her build. It would be nice to know what exactly got those players down so quickly.

And yes, my friend,, this is indeed before Trickster and Starstruck. I think it is from the Silent Hill Chapter's release, but I could be mistaken.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    edited February 26

If every solo surv would just bring 1 teamperk consistenly, solo queue would be in a better state. Bond might be the best, i still prefer Kindred. Not for me, but for the team! Info is key in solo queue and the new HUD was a real gamechanger. Of course it doesn't help when your solos are not doing gens and have 0 gamesense or DC early. You can't fix players.

• saym
    saym Member Posts: 82

The problem with solo queue is MMR.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,361

You’ll come back sooner or later. One day BHVR are going to release a cute fluffy cow as a survivor and you’ll have no choice!

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

There artist probably should have included someone puking out of the window at the back of the bus

🤢DBD SoloQ🤮

That would be only 3 ppl riding…

Looks like the rest of the bus DC’d

• Vorahk08
    Vorahk08 Member Posts: 266
    edited February 26

I kind of just accept that my chances of survival are minimal when I que up for Survivor now.

Maybe this will be the year that BHVR finally does something about solo que. Everyone seems to be talking about it.

Moreover, the BP incentive has been heavily survivor sided when I play for a while now. I wonder if people are finally giving up on solo que. That'd motivate BHVR to do something.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 418
    edited February 26

Wish I could just take it lightly, but my big problem is that this is a multiplayer game and what I've always got in the back of my mind is that with every 4k at 5 gens shitshow that unfolds there's the killer player on the other side who wins almost every game and has the time of his life feeling an unstoppable, powerful gaming god without having to convince himself that he needs to play for fun only.

It's not like it would have to be that way. I'm not a prodigy and there are for sure enough people that are on my level of game sense that they could match me with them if they would put some work into their MMR system and I (and many other solo players) could finally have a fairly decent experience. It's not because solo queue simply is like that, it's that the devs are lazy. Couple more hatches for huntress and cranking up numbers across the killer board is admittedly much easier than fixing the MMR.