About Mangled

2»

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,137

mangled change is nerfing nurse fragile wheeze. Personally, I never had a problem with hemorrhage effect so I do not see why it is getting nerfed.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

How do you nerf 4 seconds of extra healing without it being a waste of a perk slot?

• TheWrongPallet
    TheWrongPallet Member Posts: 8

Mangled Adds about 4 seconds of healing time(one person altruistically healing) and it adds less for group healing, and more for selfish healing, as mangled is a 15% speed penalty to healing, Altruist healing with even a brown med kit counters this with its +35%, and med kits don't have a 90 second timer. Hemorrhage is probably stronger than mangled and it still does not need a nerf, hemorrhage only gives the killer value if they Know where a healing survivor is and are close enough to reach them within 16 seconds OR they are chasing a survivor with hemorrhage. With hemorrhage it prevents survivors from healing themselves mid chase by predropping 3 or 4 pallets (except for syringe that add-on trumps all anti-healing, can be used in chase, and ALSO doesn't have a 90 second timer.)

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Whe you ever mention about Gen. never forget to mention killers have 50sec of Gen for free

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,838
    edited February 26

Just watch any mid+ tier videos. I'm not saying you're bad, I'm just saying if you're getting a 99% pickup rate, you're still dealing with some new survivors who aren't familiar yet with the tools available to stop pickups. Once you get more experience, you'll start getting higher tier survivors who use such tools.

Just a quick youtube search brings this one up. They utilize a good amount of such tools.

Post edited by RpTheHotrod on
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

LOL.

Should I bring out a Noob3 video next? Perhaps a trolling montage?

That's ridiculous, I can't believe I fell for this.

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 359

That depends on what you'd call a massive buff. They could increase her movement speed to 110 or 115, remove one blink, and maybe even reduce her blink range or blink speed by half. Just giving her the basic m1 killer speed would increase her kill rates at the lower or average levels where many people don't seem to use their powers very well anyway. The nerf to the blink I would think would reduce her kill rates at higher level but to be honest I really don't know. The normal movement speed even with only half a blink could still be deadly to someone who plays her often.

Personally I don't care if they balance for any of it anymore. It's lost most of the fun I use to have with it. I can't stand to play more than 2 matches of survivor without wanting to dc so I've just pretty much quit playing that entirely. As killer I might feel challenged one out of every 10 matches which also isn't fun. I feel bad half the time and let people go after 2 hooking them which, thanks to MMR, makes the next match even less challenging. That one's my fault really though but I never did much enjoy the killing part. Just the chasing. With the emblems, as flawed as it was, that didn't matter much.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,838
    edited February 26

What are you talking about? You're literally saying that someone getting downed is a hook 99% of the time. That's only true at a beginner level where the game isn't balanced on. You asked for a video to "prove" that a down isn't a 99% guaranteed hook - I gave you one showing at least 5 different ways survivors can use game mechanics to deny hooks from a down - that wasn't even showing sabotages. Anyone can use these methods - they just need experience on how to use them. They are incredibly common at mid tier+.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 956
    edited February 26

Yeah, now it will be just a worse version of deep wound.

Deep wound: 8 seconds, stops you from doing anything before spending the time, lasts until you spend the 8 seconds.

Mangled: 4 seconds, you can do any action normally while afflicted by it, lasts for 60-90 seconds, does nothing if no one starts to heal you during that time.

I mean, I know Deep Wound is not available through killer perks for a reason, but Mangled is currently the better of the two because it lasts even for long times after a survivor has been unhooked. Now it will be useful only for hit-and-run just like Deep Wound. The only advantage it has over DW is that it affects downed survivors, so it does help when slugging, but most of its value comes from injured survivors, not downed ones, because not only slugging happens less often, Mangled also doesn't affect the recovery speed.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Yes, I am saying that and I realize I'm being baited.

Look, I love the Ayrun's and the JRM's and the Skermz type guys, they're hysterical and are good for the game. Is BP probably overtuned? Yes, probably.

You shouldn't be losing hooks consistently unless you're a beginner playing against more experienced players.

I'l link you a Hens or KnightLight stream and we'll see how often they lose hooks.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Totally unnecessary change. It just pushes people into stacking more gen slow down perks and lowers perk diversity. I’ve never really heard people complain about sloppy.