2»

Comments

• JeanGreyarea
    JeanGreyarea Member Posts: 454
    Options
  • Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 422
    Options

Outdated design that they didn't adressed until today. That's the only reason

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 115
    Options

It's definitely not necessary. It's on the same boat as basement. Outdated, unhealthy design, but won't go away because the game's progressed too far with multiple perks and offerings created with it in mind. So they're both here to stay as annoying as they are.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,396
    Options
  • GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 805
    Options

No different than the free 10% off a gen because I so happen to let go of M1.

• vol4r
    vol4r Member Posts: 136
    edited February 26
    Options

This topic reminded me of situation i had few months ago.

So basically we went against plague with my swf (3 people + 1 random) and we decided to give up on hooks and all 3 of us unhooked themselfes.

It was hilarious, we just wanted to go next. xD

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
    Options

I had a game about 2 weeks ago when me and my SWF duo was found and downed at the exit gates. Gate was about 50% powered... We were the last survivors alive so...rip. Killer picks me up and hooks me while my teammate, who has a power struggle/flip flop build, is recovering. Lo and behold, that 4% kicks in for me as the killer is carrying my teammate away. I open the exit gate and my teammate gets off his shoulders and runs through the now open gate. Sheer luck turned a 4k into a 2k.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 380
    Options

Because people want to DC without the penalty.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,532
    Options

there is nothing wrong with the 4%. save for the edge cases like have the 3rd to last survivor hooked and the last on the floor. so you wait until the 3rd attempts to kobe before hooking #4. which wastess everyone's time.

the issue, is that the 4% kills you when you fail. that part should be removed. hook time should always remains the same.

give a different punishment to someone who fails to kobe. maybe they run at 99% now, or fix gens with 95% efficiency.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    edited February 26
    Options

Not saying a luck based comeback mechanic would not work for killer aswell. The question is rather, would it be healthy?

Kobe is a last resort thing, barely even there, so survivor have the illusion they still may have a chance. Its not like you hit the 4% and then you escape. This is more a mentality boost then actually helping them to realisticly survive. At least in the grand scale of the game.

We can not simply translate this to a mechanic that would kill survivor automatically with X% for the obvious reasons stated above.

Asking for a Kobe remove or luck based insta kill is like asking for more DC's and less gameplay. I am sure, you understand that.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,240
    Options

If this was actually the main concern, then the argument should be that the 3 Kobe attempts should not remove hook stage progress. That solves the dc issue and leaves the hooked survivor with at least something to do other than a 60 second cut scene of being hooked with zero autonomy in game.

That's not the argument in this post, they (and you) are arguing the 4% should be removed completely. Which effectively makes the core game survivor gameplay after a down a cut scene.

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 514
    Options

4% and thus, never happen or you have to be the more lucky person in this world

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,503
    Options

While we agree with that first bit, we don't see that second part as a flaw. We've been on that end and baring the usual [insert whatever], it's not a big deal. Add the fact that a lot of this game has RNG factors, it seems to fit right in.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited February 26
    Options

To be fair survivors do accidentally run into the killer, pursue killers when trying to get different kinds of saves, or to impede killers from downing another survivor (like body-blocking a hook, trying to take aggro, etc). And since BHVR can’t determine intent they’d have to blanket restrict survivors who did those things in case they are ‘grieving’. I know you’ll say “well that’s different! You can SEE they are trying to play!” because you want to defend your take, but that won’t work. Because it circles back to… interpreting intent. :)

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 179
    Options

I think it's still in the game because the chances of it actually working are so very slim. And it's "basekit" the same way any killer can tunnel "basekit". I personally wouldn't care much if it went away as it does much more harm then good imo, but I also don't think it's very problematic. Genuine question though, are you actually looking for a valid reason why it should still exist or more so just wanting to vent about your grievances with this mechanic? Just looking at your other replies to some people's reasonings as to why it should still be here, it seems you're more so annoyed and looking for validation rather than trying to understand. No judgment btw, I feel that way about the perk Knockout. Personally I can't stand the perk and I don't think it should exist but that's neither here nor there.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

If you try 4% three times, the probability of success is 12%, right? Successful once every 9 games. Moreover, it is a right given to all survivors. The probability is higher.

• Adrien
    Adrien Member Posts: 82
    Options

I don't mind this mechanic much, but let's be honest, it is not compatible with a balanced/fair approach of the game.

First it has the big downside of encouraging salty survivors to kill themself on the hook. At least if they want to rage quit, they gonna assume a DC penalty AND a bot replaces them to compensate.

Second : it leads to some unfair situations : a killer that worked hard and could have secured one kill, or a second one, got robbed by luck. I know the equivalent of that for killers can be close proximity gates spawn or stuff like that.

Overall not a horrible mechanic, luck is part of the game afterall, but it is clearly flawed IMO.

• concubined
    concubined Member Posts: 140
    Options

I have zero idea how you tried to connect and compare 4% self unhook to tunneling? That’s very much giving me you’re trying to appeal to emotions but they’re completely different subjects and tunneling is a valid strategy, there’s nothing strategical about luck (4%).

And as to me looking for a reason I have yet to receive any. Most I’ve been getting is it’s “funny” and I don’t know what’s funny about a killer working overtime making all the right plays to comeback for them to lose it all to a 4%.

But the best “answer” I’ve seen here is that there’s already too many perks and offerings associated with 4% like slippery meat, luck offerings ect that for the devs to out date this mechanic would be impossible

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

So that there's at least some level of player engagement at all stages of the match,

• TerraEsram
    TerraEsram Member Posts: 514
    Options

Even at 99%, if I try, I'm gonna never unhook myself

That's why I never try

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 179
    Options

I'm sorry if I upset you, that wasn't my intent. I undertand tunneling and 4% unhoook possibility are not the same thing, I brought it up because in my opinion, they are 2 things that do not require perks that may help swing a game in one direction or another, though one is a much higher risk. You may believe it is outdated and should be taken out of the game, and you're entitled to that opinion. (there are several strats or perks that many believe are outdated, we all have opinions on this). But it doesn't seem to affect the games of the general playerbase so it's unlikely this will change. I'm sorry you yourself are struggling with this 4% chance of unhook, hopefully it won't be as much as a problem for you in the future. Good luck in the fog.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,764
    Options
  • Efrost
    Efrost Member Posts: 17
    Options

Lol I dont see how this is an issue. For a small probability. Killers can leave people slugged while they wait out the timer. Or while they look for the last person. That isn't fair or fun to experience. Nor is the camping and tunneling that is running rampant. I can comfortably say that in most of my matches both the slugging and leaving them down to sweat for the 4k and hard tunnel and camping occurred with high frequency.

There are alot of un fun and unfair elements to this game. So if we want to list everything that people dislike or don't find fun or interesting or well designed we should get all of it changed. Not just one side. Because i have quite the long list of outdated things that should be removed but 100% benefit the killer.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,933
    Options

######### :D I think I would have died by laughter. Thats a 0,000064 chance. That could have been a lottery win, but it was at least fun ^_-

• concubined
    edited February 28
    Options

Difference with the things you listed to downplay this post are that they are valid strategical approaches that are often deemed necessary by the killer but there is nothing strategical about luck (4%).

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • Pulsar
    edited February 28
    Options

It's a strategy to remove yourself from an unpleasant experience. Let's be honest, most people 4% to kill themselves.

Just as much a strategy as camping, tunneling or whatever else.

The only difference is that you don't like this one.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,240
    Options

This response is exactly why I jumped straight to 'this would just be a cutscene'.

For all of the killer whining about 'not having autonomy' there's certainly zero consideration of that for survivor gameplay.

• concubined
    edited February 28
    Options

im not focused on the them removing themselves from the game part tho? I would love that actually I’m all for it. My problem is the actual successful 4% ?

• Pulsar
    edited February 28
    Options

So you only have an issue when Survivors 4% in games that you're already winning. I mean, sure, alright. I don't see why it's such a huge blow to your ego to have someone get lucky once every twenty games, but you could just bring Monstrous Shrine. That would fix your issue, but I doubt you'll do that since you don't want to fix it, you want someone else to fix it for you.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,503
    edited February 28
    Options

To be fair, the only really bad problem is the fact that most try to jump to toss the match. The successful 4% keeps the match going, having it gives a slim chance for survival from a horrible situation, a successful swing can turn a game around making the arrogant realize that the match is over when they actually die and not on hook. Look we're just repeating answers here, read (genuinely read) the more respectful comments as they have all the answers.

• concubined
    edited February 28
    Options

The way I said it already the reason for the post was because I had three games in a row of me having two slugs at the end and one of them Kobes off the hook and people still trying to gaslight me into thinking I did not experience what i experienced

• Pulsar
    Options

Because it's a statistical improbability.

Does it suck if this actually happened to you? Absolutely. Am I sure that it was very frustrating, especially the final two times? Yes.

I also expect some degree of self-awareness that this happened is such an unlikely event that it doesn't really matter, in the grand scheme of things.

We all get massively unlucky in DBD occasionally. It's a game heavily dictated by RNG, that's just the way it goes.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,562
    Options

Locking the thread there due to comments from OP, and posts going in circles. A reminder for everyone, please keep posts civil and respectful of others and their responses on this Forum, and to be open to constructive and civil discussions on threads. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.