Anyone else NOT interested in P100 for survivor?

Options
MaTtRoSiTy
MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,848

Pretty much everyone I know who plays DBD has at least one P100 survivor but the funny thing I notice is most end up rarely playing their main once they P100.

The reason is they either get dodged constantly when playing with other P100 friends, or they get tunnelled hard by killers who see them as a trophy.

I would rather get all my characters to at least P10 (most already are) than do this, anyone else avoiding the P100 thing?

Comments

• MaTtRoSiTy
    edited February 27
    Options

Yeah this seems to be a very common thing and I don't want a character I feel like I cant play (I don't really have a main). Or maybe I should P100 my least favourite survivor lol? P100 Elodie I guess...

Edit: yeah maybe the option to hide P100 level in lobbies could be a thing they add

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,943
    edited February 27
    Options

My Highest prestige is 6

before the prestige changes i didnt prestige because i dont like the idea of losing all your perks, so as soon as i got all teachable i would stop leveling so the only characters that got past prestige 1 where the ones that i wanted specific perks on. Now my aim is prestige 3 on everyone.

In my personal anecdotal experience Killers dodge more in fear of SWF paranoia than prestige.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

They have better things to worry about i guess. Like buffing strong killers for no reason (Blight, Huntress). Survivors can wait.

• TWS001
    TWS001 Member Posts: 132
    Options

Me! I have every unlicensed survivor at between P7 and 13, and a Quentin, Ash and Cheyrl at P7 or 8. Normally level up and play whichever I need to do for dailies or tome challenges I'm doing and keep using them until I run out of cakes or envelopes and then move onto another.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Lol, I cant see them doing anything about it anytime soon in all honesty

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

Reminds me when people used to lobby dodge because of rank. Sounds like people just actually lobby dodge to up their chance at getting a what could be easier game.

• RainbowSunrise
    RainbowSunrise Member Posts: 1
    Options

Me personally, I don't understand it. Maybe years into it your main is completely maxed out, idk 🤷🏼‍♀️ My highest one is my Nea who sits at 6 lol. I've been playing on and off since the game started though.

I only really try to prestige when there's items or perks I need up mostly. But I do try to get everyone at least to 3 so the perks are shared at the highest level.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,680
    Options

When did they buff Blight exactly? They (rightly) reworked all of his problematic addons.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

I have every perk on every killer and survivor but I still don't want to sink all my points into a single killer/survivor

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

If you only play every so often rather than live on the game, then it makes more sense to get all perks unlocked on all survivors and killers (so P3 them all) than waste all your points on one character. I have seen relatively new players with P100 characters which is just crazy to me personally. Though each to their own of course.

• TheFragile
    TheFragile Member Posts: 62
    edited February 27
    Options

Not interested. I have no idea how long it would take to get to 100, I'm sure it's no easy ride. Personally for me it's a waste of time and BP. But i understand everyone plays differently, and If you want a P100, more power to you

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Google seems to think it is about 500 hours, which from the experience of others I would say that is more or less right.

I feel if you don't have all perks fully unlocked on all killers and all survivors there is not much point. Even then...

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 489
    Options

i also dont see the great deal on doing a p100. Ive all my survs at least on p12. Some on p23 for the lols. Alan just at 9 but probably on it before new skins ... ehm survs drop. But i guess i am bad player if i have no p100 character, right?

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,292
    edited February 27
    Options

I have all at least prestige 3 but, beyond that, I just really put BP into whichever one I'm playing. I also change which survivor I'm using just to have different cosmetics quite frequently (survivors are just skins for the most part) so my BP gets spread out a lot. I have multiples in the teens and quite a few in the 5 to 7 range for prestige but none are over P20. I don't predict I'll have a P100 any time soon.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,328
    Options

Another one of these threads. BHVR is aware of people's irritation with the Prestidge system. While it sucks, its likely going bye bye til end game, so you'll get your wish. Personally, I enjoy the killer trying to get this trophy. Good luck.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,403
    Options

I've been playing for a little over a year now and the highest prestige I have is Alan Wake at Prestige 10 and only because I've been pushing it hard. I don't understand how anyone can sink so many points into just one character, but I'm the kind of guy who's been spreading his points across every character on both sides so maybe that's just me.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 749
    Options

I finished mine recently and was waiting to hold off till after I got sable to p3 to start Jake… but if I’m honest, I think I’m just going to dump my points into a killer.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,047
    Options

I don't have any interest in what Prestige a Survivor is at the start, because it's still so random how people play in-game. There's been a multitude of times where P100s are sacrificed first and earn very little BP.

It's an arbitrary number that's not always reliable nor indicative of skill - at least not sufficiently enough to carry weight. Certainly not enough to dodge a lobby.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 288
    Options

I'm not interested in prestiges on either side other than P3 for perks, and I already have all survivors/killers at 3 so I couldn't care less.

- They offer nothing, other than a number.

- Ppl tend to think high P = Skill and I've seen ppl mocking high P during endgame chat for not performing as their number would suggest.

- If you are survivor, you're gonna be lobby dodged as crazy and in some instances, there are killers that feel the urge to tunnel this person to prove something I guess lol.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

I already have all perks on all killers and survivors so naturally I already am past P3 on most of them too but yeah, I am not investing all my points into one character but I am getting all to +10 prestige rather than a single P100

• jmwjmw27
    jmwjmw27 Member Posts: 265
    Options

I prestiged Ace to p100, worst mistake of my life. Any P100 survivor will tell you this: If you join a lobby with a P100 (even just one, problem gets exponentially worse with other high prestige players), you will get many killers dodging, which not only means it will take longer for you to actually play the game, but because of how horrendous the matchmaking system is with backfill, it will likely result in a killer mismatch that is either way too good for your lobby, or (more often) way too bad. This creates skewed matches that aren't really fun for either side and are always just a stomp. In addition to that, you will also see "special treatment" from some killers that notice your prestige, and will commonly choose to never chase you, or rarely focus exclusively on you. It is very rare to get normal actually fun games while playing a P100.

I have never seen a single good counterargument for why we shouldn't be hiding survivor prestige from the killer in the pregame lobby. Please just do it already BHVR...

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Thanks for this and yeah this is the experience of a lot of P100 friends who no longer play their main because of the P100 curse

• MarylinMonhoe
    MarylinMonhoe Member Posts: 122
    Options

I wanna p100 my Carlos but I get bored always playing the same char over and over (and since it's a legendary char he doesnt get any other cosmetics, like come one BHVR at least add the bloody parts)

I am currently P80 but it feels like that took me eons and i will need more eons to be p100

And you don't even get an achievement ! Or a charm, or a cosmetic ! BHVR again, don't be cheap and give us some rewards

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 134
    Options

There is no reason to give prestige 100 to a survivor beyond flexing. Unless you are the type of survivor that carries a flashlight to every match you don't need items. Those points are more valuable on your killers, and even then, none of my killers are remotely close to reaching prestige 100.

If you really are flexing, then you shouldn't be surprised if killers lobby dodge you for a fair match or if they tunnel you to see how good you really are.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    Options

Could it possibly be because they like that Survivor? Gasp, how dare they!!!!

you shouldn't have a guaranteed worse experience because you decided to prestige your characters. I've put literally hundreds of millions of bloodpoints into my Killers, but you wouldn't know it because I don't just play a single one.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

I am the same with survivors - I don't really have a 'main' anyway so I spread points around.

It is an irony that people love their main survivor so much they P100 them and end up not playing them due to the P100 curse. Being able to conceal prestige is obviously an easy fix and if its visible post game you still get the flex, if you that matter to you I guess

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

I simply want to be able to toggle it on or off. Even for killers. If you dont want to see the P100's in lobby as killer, there should be a toggle. But some of us do, as killer and survivor. A toggle is literally a solution that pleases everyone.

I'd LOVE to hear counter opinions on a toggle. Not sure why this is something that should be forced, but I'm sure there are people like this. Come on out and play :)

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

I am fine with any options, it doesn't affect me since I obviously have not bothered even trying. But clearly a lot of people would like some kind of toggle and surely it isn't that hard to add but as stated previously, it likely is far from being high on BHVR's priority list

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

Oh Im fine with that. I'd leave things as is personally. But if a change IS to eventually come, toggle please. Don't just take it away.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,830
    edited February 28
    Options

I will take the dodges and the tunneling. I will never abandon Dweet.

But honestly they just need to hide prestige levels in pre game lobbies. They were doing something similar before nearly two years ago when they were hiding everyone's rank. Even the killer's. In post game screen too.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,227
    Options

Probably because the experiment showed that it didn't increase the likelyhood of a dodge in any significant amount, so there's nothing really to report other than, nothing changed.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,411
    Options

I recently asked how bad this issue really is because I can't fathom the thought that high prestige survivors are avoided or tunneled so much by some killers. The results were almost unanimous. A lot of lobby dodging and sometimes even tunneling seem to happen when there is a P100 in the lobby. This is really depressing because it means, that basically you are punished for showing your dedication to a character, which is the opposite of what the devs wanted to achieve.

For that reason, I think prestige should be hidden in the pre game lobby or it should at least be an option.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,059
    Options

That really sucks and I feel you :V Jill is also my main and I have her at P17 I think .. .good enough to show that I played her a good while, but not enough to dodge me.

I mean, by now Prestige badges are a thing for such a long time that they are mostly meaningless, even a casual could pour all their BP into one character and get them to P100 ... but its still somewhat a red flag.

Usually no casuals have the nerf for this and a P100 signals at least someone who cares enough and poured in hours upon hours. That alone wouldn't warant all the dodges, though, there are many 1000h+ players ... I guess its that toxic players and those dreaded premades always have high P levels, unless they try to hide it, so many killers got burned. And well, a lobby of 4 P100 ALWAYS means business, there is no way that this is just a nice way to say hello.

But yeah, Prestiges and who is in a SWF with whom should be shown in the postgame chat and hidden before.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 653
    Options

i always play as my p100 cheryl and don´t see any real difference between playing her and my p4 quentin

• sinkra
    sinkra Member Posts: 363
    Options

If killers can see p-level of survivors then survivors should be able to see the killer in lobby as well.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

Yeah, and that outcome would really bother me. There's zero reason to not institute a toggle like how anon mode is set up.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,403
    Options

I guess its that toxic players and those dreaded premades always have high P levels, unless they try to hide it, so many killers got burned. And well, a lobby of 4 P100 ALWAYS means business, there is no way that this is just a nice way to say hello.

This. One P100 is nothing notable. Multiple ones always means trouble. It's not just that they're good at the game and win, they're more often than not the most toxic experiences, especially streamers and content creators.

• Interocitor
    Interocitor Member Posts: 146
    Options

I kept all my survivors at p0 and get dodged by P70-100s survivors a lot while playing solo queue probably because they think I'm new. I play about 30-40% survivor but never felt the need to have all perks on them and simply play the survivor that has the perks I want.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

There's zero reason why it should bother you. But there's plenty of reasons why hiding prestige levels is a positive.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Simple changes like those takes years to add to game. I really don't have any hope on them. Probably they already forgot about this issue.

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 134
    Options

In other games it's exactly the same, if you flex there are two outcomes:

1- You are avoided out of respect.

2- You are challenged by the most tryhard players. And if you don't do well, they will probably laugh at you.

Let's say this is Street Fighter 6 and you are a Master Ryu player. A new challenger aproarch your cabinet and leaves as soon as you they see your rank. Same for the next player, and the next... But then, a really good players takes the challenge, totally destroys you and keeps defeating you until you left the cabinet.

At least in DBD you have the option to prestige or not. You want everyone to know you are level 100? Well, that's the price to pay.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

This is the same with going anon mode, I prefer this as my region (OCE) is rather small and we all know people in DBD can be a bit weird and have vendettas for no obvious reason, so clicking one option avoids almost all drama but it really seems to bother other people that I choose anon most of the time.

I hope they do add the hide option for P100's, surely it wouldn't be that hard to do? Just not a priority for BHVR I guess...

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,773
    Options

I've honestly never felt compelled to bring any character up to P100.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210
    Options

I don't have a main surv nor a P100. I have like 7 Mio BPs most of the time, kinda stopped spending them since prestige update. Even with the updated bloodweb, i still don't enjoy the process of leveling. It still takes too long, it's boring and i just wanna go next.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,190
    Options

I have Meg at P100 and Ada is like P94 or something, but honest it's pointless. You don't get anything from all that work. Only thing you seem to get is killers that love to tunnel the P100 out of the game.

So after Ada is P100 i'll just start leveling everyone equally. It's disappointing that behaviour cannot give people "new legacy" or even a banner from their hard work.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    Options

Yep, again echoing the same basic issues I hear over and over.

I don't have a main either, even if most of my hours in DBD have been survivor (probably 60/40). I guess I am weird as most people do have a main survivor if they are a surv main

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Options

Exactly. Certain servers are smaller than others. And you often run into the same players over and over. People can hold petty grudges and vendettas. Anon mode has been a huge help against that. I believe hiding prestige levels would be a great help, too.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

People love to tunnel P100 out because they feel good about it

as if they were beating the greatest player of all times