The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What do you classify as a win as killer a 4k a 3k or something else

Because people seem to be split on what is and isn't a "win" as killer, so again what do you think do you have to get a 4k for a win or do you just care about the pip or something else entirely

Comments

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Only a 4k is a flawless victory. Pips or bloodpoints are not relevant when it comes to win/loss.

• Kagrenac
    Kagrenac Member Posts: 773

This game isnt necessarily about getting all the kills or surviving every time.

Your goal should be to do well and get a lot of hooks, downs, etc.

Your goal as a survivor shouldn't be to survive it should be to do as much as you can. Still try to survive but dont expect to.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I base my victory on the message that appears before the scoreboard.

Y'know, "Entity Displeased", "Brutal Victory" and all that.

So naturally, i'd go for 4K, but i'm not feeling like i lost if i don't get it.

• Eveline
    Eveline Member Posts: 2,340

If I had fun.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378

2-3k and whether I had fun or not. Getting 4ks is always the goal but I more than content with a 3k

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

Pips and bloodpoints are irrelevant. 4k or it's a loss. 3k is usually counted as a 4k though as that's generally just the fourth guy getting a free hatch escape which isn't really in your control as the last guy normally just lets the 3rd guy die on the ground or that guy DC's to give the hatch.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

For me 3k is a win and 2k too if the two survivors who scape have been hooked two times. 4k is very rare due the hatch and I never stand off, it's boring.

• SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

Not necessarily no. I was trying to actively kill the survivors as best i could but i just ended up bouncing back and forth between them and pretty much two hooked everyone. Ended up with lots of points but no kills.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I don't think this game necessarily has a win condition, but people are free to decide on their own.

If I only get 1 kill as a killer but that survivor was giving me grief the whole match then I'm pretty happy. If I die as a survivor but one or more of my teammates escaped then I'm usually happy.

Mostly I just want BP.

• Lordkazu
    Lordkazu Member Posts: 46

I have fun only if i get 20k + BP i dont care about ranking

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

As a killer, I consider killing survivors before exit gates get powered as a win, anything else is just a loss.

1 gen left, I killed 3 people 1 escaped via hatch? Win

They were able to complete 5 generators but in the end I was able to get 4k? Loss

So it is usually 3k or 4k for me. I don't care if survivor die or live, their primary objective is to complete 5 generators and open up an exit gate, if they can do it, they win, if they can't they lose. This is why I don't consider it to be a loss if survivors escape via hatch with a key when there is still one gen left.

• TeambossFloze
    TeambossFloze Member Posts: 1,260

A win for me is having fun. If I have fun I feel like I've won. If im trolled then I don't have fun thus feel like a loser :*(

• Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650

If you pip... AND get a 4k, or a 3k with a hatch escape... then you win as killer.

And they all lose.

If you don't pip... then they all won.

• Hex_Flex
    Hex_Flex Member Posts: 132

A higher base score by at least a 3,000 margin and all 4 BBQ stacks is a win for me, regardless of how many die or escape.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

3k is a win in my book, having fun makes it feel more like a win than anything else, but if you get rage/salty after chat, I feel as if I lost

• cetruzzo
    cetruzzo Member Posts: 323

no toxic behavior and a match longer than 5 minutes is a win for me, 4 bbq stacks is a cherry on top. I usually let everyone go anyway, my goal is to get 8 hooks with no kills

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I don't even need a kill as long as I prove I can outmaneuver them multiple times. If every team member has been downed 6 or more times and bleedout is less than 60% without camping, it's a good indication I can hang their ego on my mantle. Making them crawl out is the cherry to my win.

• Iceman
    Iceman Member Posts: 1,457

@Boss

Same! It irks my nerves when I see Entity displeased. Brutal killer is ehh. Ruthless & Merciless means I dominated 😎

I wish they had messages like these for the survivor side.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

I count opening every chest on the map a win. For some reason, I can never seem to win as Killer.