Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

"Server connection error: Some social features may be unavailable." trying to access friends list

o7o
o7o Member Posts: 335
edited February 29 in Bug Reporting

Platform: PC Steam

Issue:

Opening your friends list to try and invite friends to your lobby, you are met with this error popup. You will also get an error saying "Connection to party has been lost" when trying to matchmake or when you return to lobby after a game has ended. If you try restarting, you will be met with an RTM error trying to login. Same issue that was happening yesterday.

2 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• o7o

This literally just happened to me, and I am also seeing other people on twitch getting affected by this too trying to SWF.

• o7o

"Could not connect to RTM server." when trying to log into DBD.

• Lipstyx
    Lipstyx Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

Same. I'm either getting this or Could not connect to RTM server. If I connect and get in, I can't invite people to play.

• xenite86
    xenite86 Member Posts: 1

same on ps5. and there is no acknowledgement from behaviour regarding to the issue. does anyone have any clue what is happening?

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 92

They'll just close this with a link to their technical help page as they have every single other thread about their servers crashing or being down since the Alan Wake patch.

Like, come on here, BHVR. Something has been completely broken on your servers since this patch and gaslighting people about it isn't the way.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,231

Same on Nintendo Switch

• o7o

Disregard this post, Mandy just posted on another thread saying it should be resolved now.

• Lietszchse
    Lietszchse Member Posts: 15

We have found that, if you manage to stay in lobby, invites to playing session on PS5 have quite the success rate. It hasn't been giving problems for the Last hour or so, maybe it's solved?