What is wrong with survivors???

Options
Atom7k
Atom7k Member Posts: 245
edited March 1 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm out here in the wilds of the fog trying to bring good points and valid arguments in post after post to make progress in reducing tunneling and making the game overall less toxic and more fun for everyone.

Then I do play a low tier killer (played huntress for a while to nail these snipes and nurse to train my blinks) and all they can do is tbagging around the exit gate (I don't tunnel so yeah escapes happen). Tbag me on every pallet and still get salty in the endgame chat because they couldn't escape all.

They brought all the boring meta builds, 4 medkits and kept belitteling me I shouldve brought pain res, pop, grimm embrace and noed. How dumb I would be for running weaker perks or something nonmeta. Should've brought iri add-ons.

I wouldve simply ignored it if this was a one time occasion but it happened 3 times just today.

So I switched to nurse for a game after that, got tbagged again (like wth), got the 4k and survivor threw even more dirt in the endgame chat.

Do they want a killer who tunnels agressvily at 5 gens with a full meta build??

Are we not playing anymore for fun and rather throw dirt at other people???

This doesn't happen when I play survivor not even in solo-q but when I switch to killer it's like the world is upside down.

I am completly puzzled.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 634
    Options

We all have bad experiences with other players. Creating a thread to discuss it won't really achieve anything. There's nothing anyone can say that will fix the issue, and all you will get is the tribal types coming out to vent their frustrations at the other side.

All I can do is wish you better luck in the future and suggest that you don't focus too much on the worst people, even though that can be quite difficult at times.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    edited March 1
    Options

Welcome to the world of truth. You have just gained knowledge.

Seriously speaking, there are four times as many survivors as killers, so the probability of bad players getting involved increases. So, when you face them as a killer, you can feel it clearly. These players don't enjoy the game, they just like to stomp people in the face.

If you take pride in being different from them. I think you can kind of understand the players who are just sweating.

In any case, I hope you can meet good players and experience good matches. It's not all bad.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • krazy_ivan
    krazy_ivan Member Posts: 43
    Options

They just say or do anything to get under your skin, they say "you should bring pain res, grim, etc" but when you bring them they say "cringe, gen regression killer gg ez", best to just turn off chat window and click on next. However I agree that bully type survivors are a problem and only want to play for their "fun" and to frustrate the killer and they don't care about the objectives and in many cases even their team, and it only perpetuates the cycle of "us vs them" toxicity.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,230
    Options

My condolences for your bad experience.

The following poinrs may give food for thought.

1. Your opponent doesnt care for your feelings.
    2. Just because you restrict yourself doesnt mean your opponent would do the same.
    3. It's hypocrisy to expect your opponent to restrict themselves or play considerate of your feelings if you dont do so yourself.
    4. Your opponent might confuse playing nice with playing inept.

You can try to keep playing the nice clown or join the evil tunnelers who just want to 4k, or you play like you want and feel like, which should be the healthiest approach.

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

Cycle of revenge is rampant in DBD to say the least...

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 634
    Options

The best we can do is to simply be our best self and limit the pollution going into the river. Sadly we still have to swim in it though.

• Bafugaboo
    Bafugaboo Member Posts: 406
    Options

I get matched against similar opponents for some reason when I want to try something new or am just going chill mode. It is upsetting and I feel the rage to make the next match abysmal for my opponents. Then I simply yell out a curse word or two. I feel better and calm and move on to next. Side note nothing they do in game affects me. My bad plays are what in game trigger me. The post game chat from those types can be unsettling.

• GRIG0
    GRIG0 Member Posts: 289
    Options

I think if you want to be nice/fair, is for those survivors who are also nice, so you all can have fun. Never expect to be treated nicely by toxic ppl since they will alway have an excuse to act as such.

I don't tunnel/camp and I found many survivors who are nice during endgame chat or giving me their items instead of tbagging and stuff like that whether they escape or die.

I think you should play however you prefer. Also, there's no need to be nice to ppl who are clearly being annoying on purpose. Just don't punish the next group of survivors because of what the previous one did.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

That’s why I play how I want. I don’t care about what they think, I don’t care about how they feel or what they feel towards me.

I played to do my objective, and that is to kill all four survivors by any means necessary. At times I have to tunnel to do that. We’re proxy camp if I need to regain pressure.

The survivors are going to throw dirt, no matter if you win or lose, there is always an excuse. Just play for you, to have fun for yourself, don’t worry about them.

I played 20 games of Onyro yesterday. Won all but 2. Of course survivors wanna teabag at the gate but I don’t give them that satisfaction to be toxic. I go break walls and pallets for points. I’m never toxic to a survivor unless they get toxic first. Not only does that survivor now have to deal with me being toxic as a killer back, but they are first on the list to die :)

Karma comes quick in this game. Condemn lit up red and I consumed another soul for the well! 📺!

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 245
    Options

It doesn't bother me that they try to be toxic. It takes a lot more then a few bad matches to ruin my mood but I was so surprised that they were litteraly asking for it. I know that some people can't be helped but being mad at a killer because he did not tunnel or use a meta build? Like what?

That seriously catched me offguard xD

• SuperCop
    SuperCop Applicant Posts: 137
    Options

First I want to say thanks for playing fair and sorry you went through that. Fair players should be appreciated.

That being said, there seems to be a lot of bad blood between killers & survivors rn especially on the survivor side with the tunneling being so rampant rn.

I myself am fed up with that, but if I ever come accross a fair player I do appreciate them. Don't T Bag etc. Only when it's warranted.

But to answer your question I think survivors are just really frustrated lately. Shouldn't take it out on u tho.

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 461
    Options

Today (yesterday) is everyone playing sweaty and sometimes toxic it feels like. I think they are just doing it because of the boost for rift-fragments (even tho it shouldn't change much if you loose or win because i don't even know if its possible to get less than 500 ep in a match). Well just play a killer with low mmr or sweat through it, that's what i do! ^^

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

He sacrificed himself to prove how many survivors are just only complaining.

Even after this, the forums will continue to talk about killers as if they are the only ones who are toxic and sweaty. Among them, good survivors are the majority and good killers are the minority. It seems that the killer who tunnels is not a good killer.