What if we remove all gens regression perks

Options
Murgleïs
Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,046

And we balance gens in the process so killers perks can be only about chases, infos and debuffs ?

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

That's not possible.

Sure there is killers can handle this but we have weak killers who needs some slowdown.

There just should be way to make regression perks works on weak killers and do nothing for strong ones.

• Chaosrider
    Chaosrider Member Posts: 472
    Options

First, the thing is stacking slowdowns for easy wins. Its pathetic. Its if survs would be able to stack four exhaustion perks. Second, why even would we need to balance gens? If killers would learn how to utilize their powers properly and use other perks, that would be benefit enough to them. But devs just make it more and more unskilled to play killer.

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Shoot, they’re barely escaping now. Not even cracking 50% by the stats. I can’t imagine more survivors escaping if the gens took longer.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,414
    Options

To understand it right, you basically want to put Gen Regression-Perks to Basekit (by "balancing" Gens to a point where no Gen Regression is needed anymore) and then STLL want Debuffs (like Mangled)?

I mean, why should Killers get their most powerful Perks as Basekit?

In general, Gen Regression-Perks itself are no issue. However, stacking them is the issue.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

If reversed situation, survivors were always going to die in one hook, then the average chase time would need to be at least 2 minutes.  Most reasons why a gen doesn't complete is because survivors want to slack off on it. I understand the opinion that you can't control your teammates, but that's the reason.

• Murgleïs
    edited March 3
    Options

I did not ask for gens perks to become basekit. There may be other ways to remove them without throwing the game out the balance (gen repair time, number of gold pallets, map size ect..).

I just want them gone. I don’t feel like they are fun to play with or against. Chase, info and debuffs perks are fun. You may not like them but imho Crowd Control, Plaything, Devour, Spies, Nemesis/Rancor are all way more fun to play as or against than any slowdown. It’s just my opinion tho.

The problem is that if you start to care about winning too much, you stick to reliable perks with guaranteed value = slowdowns. So the meta is boring.

Post edited by Murgleïs on
  • Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,751
    Options

so basicly you want more of what you deem fun and you actually dont care one bit about what others may find fun and want everything gone that does not bring you joy? thats a little tiny bit selfish dont you think

• Ayodam
    Options

Did you intend this response for me? It seems unrelated to my comment.

• xltechno
    Options

If all gens regression is to be abolished, the balance will not be achieved unless it takes that much time to complete the generator. I replaced it with a survivor's perspective.

• Murgleïs
    edited March 3
    Options

Explain how regression is fun. I am a killer main btw.

It makes winning easier for sure but winning is pleasant not fun.

It makes the match last longer but with the queue times I don’t need it, I can find another one instantly.

So yes, explain to me how making gens longer to be repaired fun for the killer or survivor ?

• Ayodam
    edited March 3
    Options

1.) I don’t think gen regression perks should be removed from the game.

2.) Your argument fails because survivors aren’t escaping as often as killers are sacrificing them now. There is *currently* an imbalance with gen regression perks present, but return to point 1.

3.) We needn’t rely on hypotheticals here because we have real data that shows an imbalance to exist under current circumstances, which is where we should have our attention not a hypothetical, far flung future that may never come into existence; return to point 2.

• Murgleïs
    edited March 3
    Options

1) is not an argument so there is nothing for me to answer.

2) It’s intended by the devs. Inform yourself ?

3) Again, devs are happy with the data. Same data also shows that soloQ and SWF have a very close escape rate.

But that’s not the point of this thread ? My point is to make killer perks more fun and less meta dependent, the same way they made BT basekit. Except, in my case, I would have removed BT and rework it for a fun perk.

• xltechno
    Options

The main reason generators don't complete is that Survivors are missing out on a huge chance to do it. If that's not the case, it's usually because the killer is significantly better at gameplay than the survivor, or is just some strong killer, or is just an accident.

The discussion will probably go on parallel lines, so I'll just say that I regret that I wish more survivors would be enthusiastic about generators.

• Ayodam
    Options

So I get the feeling you aren’t very business savvy, and may not understand consumerism or why BHVR, the business, has made certain decisions. But there is a financial impetus behind them. They might say things were done to alleviate concerns but that’s PR, hon. BHVR is a business and does what is in the best interest of maintaining profit. Allow me to explain with an example.

Base kit BT only exists because of outcry from survivors who were complaining about an inability to play the game. BHVR made basekit BT a thing after so many years because tunneling had started to affect player retention and they saw that in their numbers/profit margins. Anything survivors receive is because people who play that role produce more revenue for BHVR (in the way of cosmetics) than people who play the killer role & BHVR, the business, knows it has to court its primary consumers. Think about it this way: if people started avoiding the survivor role, what do you think BHVR would do? If your answer is ‘try to make the role more attractive’ you’re correct.

This is unrelated to your point but I suspect as their numbers continue to drop (which they are on Steam at least), there will eventually be a shift toward a more survivor-focused gameplay experience. They’ll hide it being ‘QoL’ or some other PR-based excuse, but it’s going to happen sooner or later.

• Murgleïs
    edited March 3
    Options

I agree with you 100% on that. I am not naive, it’s easy to see that they prioritize revenue with what they do with fomo skins and meta perks hidden behind massive grind and paid content.

Unfortunately, outside of giving my opinion, I don’t see what I can do about it (because I still buy their content at the end of the day).

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,751
    Options

its probably not really fun for the survs if the gens need longer thats true but a big part of that is that doing gens is super boring to start with and bhvr should really do something about that. when it comes to killer i really enjoy controlling my oponents objective that actually brings me fun and regression is a tool to do that.

good regression takes some of the pressure out of the chases cause when i use my regrssion right i have more time per chase

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 438
    Options

even now, bloght with double speed or nurse still needs slowdowns

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,214
    Options

I'm for it, but also remove all gen progression modifiers as well. Including teaming up on a gen.

• Kalin68
    Kalin68 Member Posts: 10
    Options

I see so many players saying stacking up gen regression perk is an issue but staking second chans perks is litelary the same both are meta and both are annoying