If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

It’s no longer an exaggeration… everyone is tunneling

Options
13»

Comments

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 380
    Options

Man, you really need to take a break from DBD and get a clear head. You’re getting way to angry over a video game.

Have a nice day!

• Atom7k
    Atom7k Member Posts: 224
    Options

It is such a discgrace that even new players immediatly pick up tunneling. Had a huntress player with less then 200 hours in the game and he hardcore tunneled + proxy camped from the start.

You need a full team to break a hardcore tunnel killer. I don't see how new players have a chance against this.

Something definetly needs to change, I don't blame people dcing after getting tunneled the whole game.

• TBUK
    TBUK Member Posts: 8
    Options

I only play killer to clear all the current challenges to get the season pass done and get a few quick BP's now and then, my experience with the way tunnelling/gen-rush/gen-slow is going for killer is unless you bring at least 2 gen-slow down perks you'll have 2 or even 3 gens popped by time you've hooked 1 on the low/mid rank killers with the way the current cycle has train mid and high level players stick on gens with boosted gen perks , then you feel need to be tunnel at every opportunity specially when completing challenges are on the line, getting rid of all 'must happen in a single match challenge' could go some way, at least for me, in not tunnelling.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Yes, really. If you really want me to stop tunneling, I'll give up on completing the generator from the survivor's side, so why don't you chase it together, killer? All survivors have to do is present it. However, there is no way for a killer to know that survivors are always like this. That's why killers usually look for efficient play. That can't be helped.

This is a horror game. Everyone laughs when I say that, and I laugh too, but in any case, it's still a horror game. But the fact that everyone is laughing shows how light-hearted the game is for the survivors, rather than scary at all.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,056
    Options

"everyone is tunneling"

"almost everyone is tunneling"

Pick one.

• Yharwick
    Yharwick Member Posts: 322
    Options

Imagine if people actually ran OTR. Or if people ran Babysitter and/or BT.

There are things to combat tunneling in this game but nobody runs them and then wonder why tunneling is so common.

Like I'm actually not kidding if every single person ran Babysitter/OTR you would see a full front page of threads with killers complaining that tunneling was impossible.

• SidTheKid__TTV
    SidTheKid__TTV Member Posts: 37
    Options

I never said they were determined to tunnel i said If they do get tunneled for having the same outfit on its their fault because for killers its hard to keep track of who is who and its even harder when they are wearing the same outfit on the same survivor

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 971
    Options

Truth. In the first place, a game over at 5 gens is impossible unless it is the survivor's fault. Because the HUD always shows someone trying to complete the generator. If not, the survivor is clearly at fault.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,285
    Options

Im all for bringing perks to counter things in the trials. But currently, your build suggestion would be all that's viable. Tunneling is so common, any other build for anyone NOT amazing at the game would be suicide. Great ideas here though.

I feel far too many killers want to play sweaty while there's more survivors who... don't. Maybe I'll go on a killer binge this weekend. Give some survivors a bit of fun lol.

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

Do you enjoy knowing you won by killing a weak player? Did you improve at the game? Will you go to Disney land to celebrate such a great victory? lol. Your example is pretty common. How you handle it is really the point of character.

You could do as you said and tunnel them out, and poof, game is over right there. 3-5 mins? Maybe?

Or do as you said "I'll chase the other guy I can see as well. I'm clearly winning at the moment, maybe I'll try to have some fun with the game."

That probably didn't occur to you, and thats fine. Some can't think past themselves in most things. Game on!

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

tunneling wouldnt be a problem for me if my teammates did generators instead of hiding the entire game

• RoastedGarlic
    Options

its almost like adding mmr and win conditions were a massive mistake

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Options

Yeah, but its only when humans like this get involved. Its enough to mess up a wonderful formula. BHVR have made a decent game here. Its the players messing it up.

....I can't believe I just typed that.

• RoastedGarlic
    Options

I mean back before mmr you could mess around and have some memeing fun without fearing being sent into low mmr hell. back then you could set your own win conditions and control what kind of games you wanted.

Now its just hell.

• Hexling
    Hexling Member Posts: 657
    Options

lol I don’t even play to escape I love getting saves and memes so I doubt I need a break I don’t even do gens. I was just stating it’s crazy people kill survivors based on them wearing the same outfit pretty cringe and those people probably need a break. Since you are defending their position I would assume that equates to you taking this game way to seriously.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

They dont lie but of course it is totally exaggerated. But it is true that tunneling is way more common these days then it used to be.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

Tunneling has a lot more depth

Changing perks isn't going to make Tunneling less of an issue... plus making DS better will have more Survivors running that Perk meaning it'll get another change sooner or later

And Survivors running toward the Killer after being unhooked

Gens take 90 or less seconds to finish (so it's not Gens)... but the fact that 2-3 of them an be done by the time the Killer gets 1 hook... creates more pressure on the Killer and some players can deal with that while others can't

Let's not forget MMR is a thing and it only counts Kill and Escapes nothing more and nothing less

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

*Lethal Pursuer puts on his Red Lobster bib, as he gets ready to enjoy some snow Crab on Ormond…