Why people don't play much Trickster?

2»

Comments

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,952
    edited March 9

I find it hard to believe the recoil was that bad on console when they even got reduced recoil compared to PC. Just sounds like a skill issue. Pretty sure even a content creator made a video on it and the difference between pc and console was night and day.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,818

Last time I messed around with Trickster seriously was back on an Xbox1x. The recoil was unpredictable, and because of the dead zones in the sticks there was really no way to stay on target, let alone lead anyone.

It's precisely the same reason Boil Over is terrible to deal with, you just can't react fast enough, even at max sensitivity.

For comparison, imagine a third to half a second delay on everything. Turning, aiming, teleporting, swinging, shooting, burping, everything. Now add that to iffy optimization, iffy game performance, gross input delay, and that recoil just made Trickster too rough too clunky too slow. Singularity has these problems as well.

There's a reason us consolers beg for more controller settings options, or for M&K support, or for many a decent Cross Progression to escape.

• Marioneo
    Marioneo Member Posts: 808

Pretty much this least for me Trickster on a controller is a nightmare i can only do well with Huntress cause hatchet hitboxes are trucksized

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,818

When did they reduce them down to only truck-sized? 😂🤣

• isha
    isha Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 10

Nobody plays this killer because 3 knives per second and 8 blades are needed before taking a health state is way too much. a good survivor made you lose los? You lost the chase against them

• FreeKnives
    FreeKnives Member Posts: 82

Ive been playing him on controller since July. It is no doubt more difficult. But if you keep playing him and just practice, he was more than playable, and was very enjoyable despite his frustrations. Even this Trickster is still hard mode inherently because its controller though he is incredibly easy to use now. There is nothing BHVR can do about using your thumbs and joysticks vs keyboard and mouse (i do both). I went out of my way to prove that I can play this character on controller, and as well as a PC player, but I was willing to put the time into him, and it is very rewarding. I have to say. So it really depends on how bad you want to learn the character and there is no wrong answer there. Whether you want to or not. No recoil is a small comfort but I promise, it has nothing to do with what makes him difficult on controller. Ive played him 4.4 with Trickster with recoil, and Ive played him without. What makes this easier now more so than recoil, is the machine gun frequent main event, and I dont mind it being less than 30 knives to main event, but this feels kind of repetitive and cheap, and low skill being 8 knives...And it doesn't even help where his pain points are because of 8 knive to injure and slower throwrate, in higher mmr survivors know better and stay in high wall tiles or main building. Unless you are willing to forgo his power and just m1...which is depressing, you will lose so much time just trying to use your power. Which is what makes him map so dependent.

• FreeKnives
    FreeKnives Member Posts: 82

Im for it honestly. For anyone that doesn't like him or his lore, I can find someone who does. Personally I find him a unique addition to DBD.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

The trickster can be summed up pretty easily

At low wall loop you get a free injure/down

At high wall you m1 or get 2/3 knives per rotation until you get a guarnteed hit

It's huntress without any of the things that make huntress interesting to fight. You don't dodge knives as you'll only lose distance and his 115% speed means even running out of knives doesn't matter too much and makes him play like an M1 at many tiles which is