I went for all of the Adept Killer Achievements, here's what I have to say

Options

A couple of months ago I went for all of the Survivor Adepts and documented my experience with it, and despite the occasional bouts of frustration due to terrible teammates I did have quite a bit of fun with it, so in honour of the Unknown's release and because I wanted to hate myself even more, I did the exact same, but for Killer, going through every single killer and writing down how it went, followed by a tierlist based on how hard they were, and showing off my fashion sense along the way

I also decided on two rules, no map offerings, and no Moris, everything else is fair game, tunnelling, slugging, proxy-camping, overpowered addons, it's all fair game

Anyway, Trapper's up first

Trapper was a killer I was dreading going for the adept for, for 1, I suck at him, survivors always seem to have telepathy and know precisely where all of my traps are, and for 2, he has no inbuilt Slowdown or slowdown perks, that being said, I actually managed to get his Adept on the first try, survivors were actually stepping into my traps, and I was able to keep a web around a few gens and get a lot of value out of his inbuilt haste, I was also using the Coffee Grounds addon, which made it even better and got me some cheeky hits

Wraith

Wraith with a good build kicks ass, Wraith with only his Unique Perks is quite possibly the single weakest killer you could play, Bloodhound is good but Shadowborn is entirely reliant on survivors to get anything from it and Predator ######### with your muscle memory so much that it honestly hurts, if I made so much as a single mistake like getting blinded or not getting a down quickly, I lose all of my pressure and pretty much lose the game on the spot, which is what happened with the first match I played where I lost all of my pressure from a free down because of a Nea who sprung up from nowhere and blinded me, thankfully though, my second game which was a runback on Coal Tower ended with a 4k with 2 gens left thanks to a Yui who suicided on hook for no reason

Hillbilly

BillyBoi was a killer I was looking very forward to because of how much fun I have playing him regularly, all of his perks are fantastic as well, Enduring lets you brute force loops, Lightborn is just a general ######### you to Flashlights, and Tinkerer is free information, not much to say other then this was my best performing match of the original 3 killers, as I got a 4k at 3 gens on Azarov's Resting Place

Nurse

Nurse is Nurse and Nurse is overpowered, her perks are all decent as well, not much to say really, she's not nearly as difficult to play as people say she is, I got her adept first try against a pretty decent team that knew how to counter her too, which was pretty neat

Huntress

I was fairly confident in my ability to win with Huntress but her perks didn't really help me much, Territorial Imperative is really bad, and Beast of Prey basically never procs on her because I am basically always throwing hatchets, as for Lullaby, well, it's a Hex perk, we all know what happens to those, I am rather ashamed to admit though that I got the adept on a match I absolutely shouldn't have, I was playing like a complete idiot and missing like all of my hatchets, fortunately for me though, I was playing against a Feng and Ace who couldn't have been playing more idiotically if they were trying to, they were in my face constantly and trying to do stupid flashlight and Power Struggle plays, which got me a win

Myers

Michael is not a killer I am particularly fond of playing but I do quite like his perks, what's really funny though is that I got his Adept on the first try because the survivors were idiots and I tunnelled a Background Player user, I don't feel any shame in admitting that, it's what Background Player users deserve if they want to run overtuned bullshit that should have never been buffed in the first place

Hag

Would ya'll believe me if I said Hag was my main killer back in the days of Old Ruin when it affected Skillchecks? Yeah, true fact about me, Hag was my main when I first started playing back in 2020, reminiscing aside, Hag was one I was pretty worried about since all of her perks are Hexes, which means that all of them can be removed leaving you as a 110% with little in the way of chase power, which is actually what happened on the match I got the Adept, every Hex was gone in the first minute, but I won at 2 gens through the power of Silent Traps and a AFK Steve

Doctor

Like Hag, Doc was one of my mains back when I started playing, and he's been a killer that I have played a fair amount of since his rework all those years ago, his perks are all decent but I still dislike Monitor and Abuse not synergising with his kit and actually making it weaker, like a lot of killers so far I got Adept Doc on my first match thanks to getting Dead Dawg and a team of survivors who were suicidally altruistic

Bubba

Ah Bubba, the killer I have easily the rockiest relationship with in this entire game, I hate playing against Bubba, I hate playing him, I hate how weird and clunky his chainsaw feels to use, I hate how two of his perks do not synergise with his power at all, I hate every single time I get robbed of a down just because the chainsaw decided it didn't feel like hitting a survivor literally breathing on my neck, I hate the majority of people who play him because all they do is proxy camp, I hate playing Bubba almost as much as I hate playing Twins and Release Skull Merchant, and that is saying a ######### lot

The reason I say all of this is because I have never played Bubba before using one very specific addon

This one single Addon turned Bubba into my worst killer to play into a goddamn Demon and made him way, way smoother to play, combine this newfound knowledge with a team who were more focused on their flashlights then doing gens, and you end with a 4k at 4 gens with minimal effort on my part, why Chili isn't basekit I have no idea

Freddy

Ah, Freddy, one of the worst killers in the entire game and one of my least favourite to play, I don't care for his perks much either, I never get value out of Blood Warden unless I am actively trying to, Fire Up gives you minimal rewards you for losing, which I do not like, and Remember Me just encourages you to tunnel the obsession, which I don't like doing, that being said, the survivors I went up against made the pretty big blunder of sending me to RPD, and as it turns out a power that makes you really hard to find or detect is really good on a map that is basically a maze, leading to another first try Adept

Pig

This was right before Pig's buffs with All Things Wicked, so I didn't get the benefit of her much better Ambush, Pig's perks also did help a bit though, Make Your Choice and Surveillance made up for the fact that Hangman's Trick is really niche, I got another first-match Adept thanks to the survivors being blind and me playing around a single Scourge Hook in the corner of the map, which gave me a ton of Hangman's and MYC value

Clown

Clown is simple and his perks are all decent, Bamboozle and Pop are very useful and alright, I got another first try Adept thanks to Lerys and quad flashlight survivors, they let me get away with playing like a rotisserie ######### and proxy camp my way to victory, what's even funnier is that they pretty much let me keep the Lerys 3 gen around the middle theatre, so I had a backup plan if they somehow got that close to winning, which they didn't

I also got this unsubtle threat on my Steam Profile, which I honestly find pretty funny

Spirit

I am not very good at playing Spirit and her lack of any slowdown perks made me a bit worried, but I was able to get another first-match Adept, I unfortunately never got any value out of any of my perks other then Rancor's passive information, the ending had me pretty spooked as well, as one of the last 2 survivors had Unbreakable, Iron Will, and Quick and Quiet, and hid in a locker by shack, I could barely hear her but was still able to secure the 4k

Legion

Legion is a killer I am quite fond of playing, but their perks are not really my thing, Discordance is good but Iron Maiden is basically only good on Trickster and Huntress and Mad Grit, while funny, isn't super useful on its own, fortunately for me, I got yet another first-try Adept, because some survivors thought it would be oh so funny to last-second swap to a Eyrie offering and double Background Player, I feel no shame in admitting I slugged and proxy-camped the pair of them to death, when you last-second swap to Background Player and a map offering, all bets are off, leading to the quickest 4k I've gotten in the entire streak

Plague

Plague's perks are all pretty good, and I once again got a first-try Adept thanks to this Addon

Please nerf this addon, seriously, this thing is busted, not much to say really, I abused Black Incense and won at 3 gens

Ghostface

I do play a bit of Ghostface on occasion and all of his perks are fairly useful, that being said, RNG Matchmaking finally caught up with me and gave me a team with a very good Meg who played around shack really well, second game I got a apparent ex-comp player and his SWF buddy who absolutely destroyed me, RNG Matchmaking then threw me a bone though, and gave me a set of survivors who all killed themselves on hook at 5 gens despite bringing a Badham offering

Demogorgon

Demo's Adept still isn't in the game yet but I felt that it would be unfair not to, plus I wanted a excuse to play my favourite killer, so here we are, all of Demo's perks are good but they don't really synergise or work with his power, the match I got the Adept on was a against a SWF with quad flashbang who were somehow able to blind me despite me looking up, thankfully they cared more about style points then actually winning, so I was able to get it on my 2nd attempt

Oni

Oni isn't one of my main killers but I have toyed around with him on occasion, Zanshin also helped make the absolute mess that is Blackwater Swamp a little easier to navigate, I got another first try win despite a stealth Rebecca trying and failing to abuse the swamp's awful colour pallet to become invisible

Deathslinger

Slinger is one of my main killers and I quite like his perks, Dead Man's Switch is nice slowdown and Gearhead and Retribution are both decent perks, RNG Matchmaking gave me a decent team on Badham for game 1, which ended in a 3k, a good team on Gas Haven for game 2 which ended in another 3k, and finally on game 3 against a decent team on Sanctum of Wrath, I was able to get the Adept after landing some sick drop shots off of the main building

Pyramid Head

Pyramid Head used to be one of my mains, but he's kinda fallen to the wayside for me after Knight, SM and especially Xenomorph released, but I do still have some knowledge of how to play him, his perks really aren't my cup of tea, Deathbound and Forced Penance really don't feel super useful, I was able to get a lot of Trail of Torment value during the match I got the adept though, plus I landed some amazing blindshots with POTD, which are always fun

Blight

I really like Dragon's Grip and Blood Flavour (Yes I call it that, don't ask) and Undying is alright, but I don't really play Blight at all, I don't care for him that much, I also really don't care for the people who play him since most of them think looking down to avoid collision is somehow a skill-based tech and not a obvious glitch that should have been patched out years ago, I was able to get yet another first match Adept thanks to bad survivors and a good map for Blight, Gas Haven was pretty good and gave me plenty of room to move around

Twins

I have not played Twins in years, and their Adept was easily the one I was dreading going for the most, not only are their perks mediocre at best, but Twins' power is still the single clunkiest and most broken in the entire game, Victor still has a inconsistent hitbox, Victor still bounces off of every ######### object and sends himself to goddamn Saturn with every ######### Pounce for no reason, the cooldowns are still way too many and way too goddamn long, they STILL get punished for landing a Pounce if more then one survivor is near Victor, and they are STILL entirely reliant on Slugging in order to do anything of note, this Adept sucks because Twins suck and for no other reason, Mercifully I was able to get the Adept on my second game, but I had exactly zero fun during the entire process

Quick Update: As of writing, Twins are disabled, thankfully this happened the day after I got the Adept, or I would have been furious, I have no idea why but quite frankly I hope they remain disabled until their rework, getting waterboarded is more fun then playing them

Trickster

Twin's Adept put my ######### to give somewhere in the triple negatives and playing a killer with no slowdown and a terrible ranged power did not help at all, this was the point in the challenge where I was getting destroyed by RNG Matchmaking giving me people who were just better then me, not helped by Trickster's perks that did precisely nothing to help due to none them being slowdowns, Trickster's Adept took the longest out of any of the Adepts just due to how awful my RNG on getting survivors and maps was, every single match was on a map that sucked with survivors who ran me for my goddamn foams every time, which was also not helped by the fact that All Things Wicked broke Trickster's knives, and they sometimes just decide they don't want to exist, so while I was hitting survivors I also had to deal with the fact that the knives would just not show up to work and I had to waste even more of my time on chases, I love Trickster, I really do, but ######### my life and break my ankles, this Adept was painful

Nemesis

Thankfully, to deliver me from the anguish that was doing Twins and Trickster back to back, Nemesis gave me two very good perks and one decent perk, Lethal is one of my favourite killer perks since it helps with early game snowballs, and Eruption remains a decent slowdown perk to this day, Hysteria would have been nice if Nemesis' fat ass didn't cause earthquakes every time he so much as moves, but hey ho, I got this Adept in 3 games, as the 3rd match was on Lerys, and I never lose on Lerys

Pinhead

I play Pinhead pretty frequently and all 3 of his perks are pretty good, plus, he's a soloQ stomper, which I got on my 2nd game with him, a Sable led me straight to the box and it just fell apart for them from there, giving me a easy win

Artist

Artist has 3 slowdown perks, all of which are pretty solid, her power is also really good, and I'm decent with her, I got the adept on the 2nd match in the funniest way possible, and by that I mean a full group of Weaving Spiders users ran into the basement and gave me a free W

This was easier then Legion's match, and that says a lot

Sadako

Sadako was another one I was a bit worried about, even with her changes she's still a M1 killer at her core, and her perks don't really do a lot to help, that being said, none of that mattered, because just like with Artist, I got a free win because of a Sable with Weaving Spiders and a Claudette who gave up at 5 gens

Dredge

I play a lot of Dredge but never really used any of his perks because a grand total of ONE of them actually synergises with his kit, seriously, who on BHVR thought giving 2 Terror Radius related perks on a killer who goes Undetectable frequently and for long stretches of time was a good idea? Why couldn't Septic Touch and Dissolution be set 32m radius perks like Surge? Would that have been so much? Anyway, I went up against some solid Survivors while going for the Dredge Adept, first two games ended in a very close 3k and the 3rd ended with the Adept, Dredge is always a joy to play and I definitely needed a small bit of Detox/Humbling after Artist and Sadako were freebies

Wesker

Going to be honest, Wesker is not a killer I am a particularly huge fan of, both because I've played a LOT against him and because dash killers really aren't my thing, that being said, he was actually the killer I did the best with in terms of hook states, getting a perfect 12 hook 4k on RCPD of all places, which honestly surprised me, but given that I was in a lobby with two identical Sables I probably shouldn't be

Knight

Knight is one of my mains and I quite like using Nowhere to Hide and Face The Darkness, Hubris wasn't really something I was expecting to get much value out of since it only really works well with Enduring/Spirt Fury, I also had to play pretty sweaty since Knight has no slowdown or map mobility, Knight's Adept took me 3 games, and I managed to get on Blackwater Swamp of all places, thanks to bad survivors who once again tried to abuse the maps awful colour pallet

Skull Merchant

My entire strategy for SM's Adept was to rely on the fact that nobody understands or wants to learn her counterplay (It's the ######### crouch button guys, it is not that hard to understand), since her perks are, to put it nicely, not very good, Leverage and Thwack are meh and Game Afoot is just kinda okay, my strategy of abusing SM's repuation worked though, and I was able to get a 12 hook 4k on Greenville with minimal effort

Singularity

One of my mains and BHVR's birthday present to me, Singularity was one I was not looking forward to getting, because as fun as he is, I am not very good with him, and his perks didn't really help since none of them were slowdowns, first match was a rough one on Azarovs and the second one was a close game on Greenville that I won by tunnelling out the two Sables and going from there

Xenomorph

Xenomorph is one of my mains and all of her perks are fairly decent, even if Rapid did make chases a bit rougher, Greenville's low walls and big open spaces made it really easy to land Tail Strikes, it came down to the wire as well, and I'm pretty sure I only won because one of the survivors hid in a locker instead of committing to the last gen, giving me a free kill and letting me comfortably chase after the last 2 people, crazily enough, this was also the match where I dinged Iri 1 only 4 hours away from Rank Reset, not the most impressive feat in the world but I was quite proud of it

Chucky

Going to be honest, The only reason I bought Chucky is because I think he's funny, I like his gameplay for the most part but his perks aren't really my thing, the first 2 games came down to the wire but ended in a 3k both times, 3rd game was against a 4man SWF with a map offering and Background Player, which I refuse to play against, 4th game was on Garden of Joy against 2 bots, and since bots are overpowered and Chucky is 110, 2 survivors were able to escape because Garden of Joy still hasn't been nerfed (remove the main building's windows it isn't that difficult to figure out BHVR), 5th game was another failure because RNG matchmaking once again gave me people that were better then me, and then 6th game was against a cheater who healed in 3 seconds as soon as I left chase, thankfully, a quick breather and some fresh air later, RNG threw me a bone on game 7 with a full team of Weaving Spiders users who all went for it instead of doing gens, I had a mini heart attack when one of them Kobed at the very end, but they went into a locker instead of looking for Hatch, so I was able to hook them again and secure the 4k

And Finally, The Unknown

This was the killer I was looking forward to going for the Adept for the most, I had quite a bit of fun with Unknown on the PTB even against the overpowered bots, and its perks were all decent, Unknown's Adept was still kinda rough though, since while I was getting it I was also learning how to play Unknown against actual players at the same time, luckily though, I got it on my second game, landing some nice UVX shots and going up against 2 SWF Sables who gave up at 4 gens

Now that I have all of the Adepts for Killer, here's how I would rank each of them

In Masochism Tier is Twins, for very obvious reasons, their perks are bad and their power is still dysfunctional, please fix them BHVR, they need help

In Very Hard we have Wraith, Hag, Trickster, and Chucky, Wraith is there due to his perks not being great and his addons not really doing a lot to counteract that, Hag is there due to her perks having the risk of being turned off 30 seconds into the game, and Trickster and Chucky are there because their perks are pretty much useless to them, that and both of them took me the longest to get, I'd have put them in Masochism but the fact that I like playing them outside of the Adept challenge saved them

In Hard we have Trapper, Freddy, Slinger, Sadako, and Singularity, Trapper is there due to needing to set up and having no slowdown, Freddy is there due to being Freddy, Slinger is there due to being a 110% with no map mobility, but misses out on Very Hard due to all of his perks being good, Sadako does have 2 slowdown perks but is still in Hard due to her weak chasing potential, and Singularity is there due to being, well, Singularity, I'd have put him in Very Hard to stroke my own ego but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a blast

In Intermediate we have Myers, Huntress, Bubba, Pig, Spirit, Legion, Demo, Ghostface, Oni, Pyramid Head, Nemesis, Dredge, Knight, Xenomorph, and Unknown, they're all there due to either okay perks, strong powers, or both, honestly you could probably swap out a few of them and place killers like Myers and Pig higher up and maybe put Xeno and Bubba in Easy, but I did feel like their lack of slowdown could pose a issue

In Easy we have Billy, Nurse, Doctor, Clown, Plague, Blight, Pinhead, Artist, Wesker, and SM, all of these killers have either strong perks, strong powers, or in the case of Billy and Artist, both, these are the killers I would recommend going for the Adept for first to ease you into learning how to play when going for Adepts

Finally, here are some stats

Total games played: 64

Longest Streak of first-try Adepts: 10 (Myers to Plague)

New angry comments on my Steam profile: 5

Overall, I had fun with this, Trickster and Chucky made me mad to no end but that was mainly the fault of bad RNG and their perks being crap, everyone else was mostly down to my own skill and strategy, that being said, I will be the first to admit that I played like a ######### for most of these, if I had the chance to force a hook stage by camping, I would, if I could tunnel, I would, this was easily the sweatiest 3 days of DBD that I have ever played and I will definitely be going back to my usual style of play after I take a short break from the game

See ya'll in the fog

G'night

Comments

• MarbleThrone
    MarbleThrone Member Posts: 314
    Options

Good job!

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Contgrats to all the adepts and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

You say you did your Survivor adepts aswell with some documentation. Do you have a forum link for us?

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,758
    Options

I went for (most of) the Survivor Adepts, this is what I have to say — BHVR

It's not all of the Adepts, just the ones for all of the survivors I had at the time of Alien's release

Might do it again and play every survivor, but I don't feel like the Surv adepts are all that exciting compared to Killer

• EmpireCity830
    EmpireCity830 Member Posts: 109
    Options

I'm surprised it only took 1 game for Myers. I've given up on trying adepts on killer. I just think the game is too fast today for some killers. You have to be really lucky, play really well or both just to secure the adept.

I wonder what other people think of this? Are killer adepts worth it today?

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Myers is arguably one if not the easiest. Play with your food as a perk works perfectly on him. Combine it with Thombstone piece and J.Memorial and you might get a kill within the first minute of the game. My adept endet in less then 5 minutes with no gen done.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Congrats, friend!

There are interesting perspectives here on each Adept. I haven't done all of them yet, but the worst in my experience was Blight.

I got it before the changes on Léry's, something I have no explanation for, but it was painful. Very much so.

• Hexonthebeach
    Hexonthebeach Member Posts: 357
    edited March 13
    Options

Congrats!

This maybe hurts you as Singularity main. I needed to m1 everyone, cause I'm bad. Never touched him again but I like playing vs the killer.

I'm glad that we share the same experience with twins.

Wraith and Trickster was hard. As Hag I was lucky with rng and got it first try I think.

It was nice to read thanks. 🙂

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,774
    Options

Amazing. Well done 👍

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

I also go for Adepts and have (most) of them saved as Youtube vids. I know some people like watching and seeing so here's my hat in this ring.

Main advice I can give for any Adept hunters is that throw any "rules" away. Some games are easy, some games are not. Some Killer powers and/or perks can carry the Adept, others are terrible and you basically have to be smart with add ons/playstyle. Maps can also be the main contender, so give yourself an advantage. I tend to do most of my Adepts on Haddonfield cause Killer games in my opinion can go a lot easier on that map.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,762
    Options

I remember doing leatherface in the old system and it took me 10+ games to get adept