Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

PC - 4 Random perk challenges causes game to crash (7.6.0)

Extent
Extent Member Posts: 5
edited March 14 in Bug Reporting

The game crashes whenever you're about to get into a game whilst having a 4 random perk challenge equipped. In my case it's the challenge in tome 17 - page 1 (Enemies Closer) that I was trying to do. I had a friend also test it, and it crashed for them as well.

Step 1: Equip a challenge that gives you 4 random perks

Step 2: Get into a lobby

Step 3: Once the countdown timer for the match reaches around 6s, the game crashes.

I can guarantee it is the challenges that cause the crash as the game stopped crashing once I got activated a different challenge.

Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000010

Adding so people might find this post this way through searching.

Post edited by Extent on
1 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• Camshaft
    Camshaft Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 0

Having the same exact issue hopefully BHVR sees.

• laveyan
    laveyan Member Posts: 0

Thank you for this! I was scouring the internet trying to find the resolution for this exact error - didn't put two and two in my head that I just recently changed my challenge to this. Thanks BHVR. For google algorithm I'm going to include the error to help people navigate to this page - I suggest maybe putting the error in your title

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000000000000010

• JackHaozhu
    JackHaozhu Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 0

Thank you! I was almost about to reinstall windows and finally found this. and thanks for the last comment I can find this post.

so I also recommend putting the error code in the title so this could be found easier.

• laveyan
    laveyan Member Posts: 0

My next step was a windows reset as well. Life changing post here. Spent around 8 hours disabling previous tweaks to my computer and removing overclocks just to discover it is authentically DBD's fault