WEAVING SPIDERS DOESN'T WORK WHEN GENS ARE BLOCKED???

Options
ArkInk
ArkInk Member Posts: 466

I'VE SPENT FOUR HOURS WAITING FOR A CHANCE FOR THIS PERK TO ACTUALLY BE A VIABLE PLAY WITHOUT THROWING THE GAME, AND I LOSE TWO MINUTES TO THE THIRD STACK OF GRIM EMBRACE???

ALL THINGS WICKED INDEED

Comments

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,668
    Options

The Wiki says it’s supposed to work on blocked gens so maybe it’s a bug?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,060
    Options

Obviously you can't work on a gen that been blocked.

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 466
    edited March 15
    Options

I'm in the basement, I started the action two minutes ago, and the decay rate on Weaving Spiders is juiced.

• PotatoPotahto
    PotatoPotahto Member Posts: 250
    Options
  • Alionis
    Alionis Member Posts: 969
    Options

No, that was the ptb version of the perk that gave charges. I'm guessing that entry wasn't updated yet.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,008
    Options

Thats strange though. Its mean to cut down the max progression, not adding. Then if a Gen is 95 of 100 being blocked, finishing the ritual make it 95 of 90 mean the Gen should be done.

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    Options

I'm just here to pay my condolences to the perk in this situation.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,668
    Options

Yep they've since updated the wiki to state it doesn't work.

Honestly weird that the old one worked but this one doesn't. I still think it could be a bug or an oversight. If not then that's just a dumb restriction that should be removed.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,194
    edited March 15
    Options

Once finished, it takes 10% charges of ALL gens, no matter if they're blocked or not. So the most efficient this perk can get is using it right at the start of the game with a no-heal build. But do it not alone as it takes 120 seconds, with teammates joining the ritual it goes much quicker with the same outcome, even quicker if someone else has the perk. You want these -10% charges ASAP on ALL gens, not just on 1 or 2 gens at the end. But be aware that the perk is a potential solo-queue killer. I just used it for her Adept and was kinda lucky getting it in the 5th trial. Sorry to my solo mates. Never gonna use it again, i promise.

I like unique and alternative perk ideas, but like Potential Energy using this solo isn't really worth the risk, sadly.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 651
    Options

I felt your pain while reading your statement.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 809
    edited March 15
    Options

It seemed like a nice little counter to Corrupt to get something done while the gens are blocked but I guess not.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,377
    Options

If a Gen is blocked it cannot be progressed or regressed - so yes, this is not a bug but by design of the perk.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,361
    edited March 15
    Options

Yeah i was thinking the same thing because mandy said before blocked gens couldn't explode either. Which she went back and corrected it later after the team told her it infact can. So i dont see why this would be different.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 842
    Options

This should not come as a surprised. The same applies when a killer uses pain res and the blocked gen does not regress at all. This is why it's not wise to have pain res and perks like deadlock in your build. You will waste a token if pain res hit a deadlocked gen because it will not lose 25%. This also happens with repressed alliance which I've seen some survivors use to counter pain res. It will not regress the highest progressed gen at all.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,045
    Options

Except this isn't progression or regression, as @zarr said. It's new territory.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 1,497
    Options

This perk idea is cool but needs work

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

Is it also intentional that the invocation loses progress like sloppy butcher? The perk is way too weak for this to be intended.

Also, this may be the funniest post I’ve seen on this forum in years.

• Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 681
    edited March 15
    Options

I hate hate hate this perk. It's a massive beginners trap in a game that is already filled to the brim with them. Please please please let me write a tutorial or give advice to make the game more beginner friendly. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I am so sick of seeing things like this. Already seen this three times. OH LOOK AT US IN A COOL CIRCLE IT"S SO COOL111!!!!

The fact it doesn't work through generator blocking ON TOP of the fact it's straight up more of a killer perk then self care. Yikes. Also got tunnelled off hook and pulled off hook against my will. Another beginners trap. So that was 'fun'.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

Which really is annoying. I used to have a fun build that that made useless when pain res started hitting the blocked gen. It used to be that if the gen with the most progress was blocked, it would hit the gen with the most progress that is UNBLOCKED.

This created a cool synergy with my old build that was: "pain res, dead man's switch, thrilling tremors".

The idea was simple:

• Down a survivor and pick them up.
    • All gens that aren't being worked are blocked, if you see gens that aren't blocked, hook them, you get a pain res and a DMS on one of those gens, telling you where to go.
    • If you see that ALL the gens are blocked, you can save your pain res and hook them elsewhere, OR you can WAIT for thrilling to be removed, it finishes up about 2 seconds before they can wiggle off. THEN you pain res and DMS.
  • Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options
  • Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

Not to mention if they get interrupted or out right spooked due to a chase coming nearby they get to start over.

Recent game on dead dog saloon I kept seeing this player's aura flicker on and off in the basement throughout the match. The final time was when we were working on the LAST gen and they realized it would be finished before them...and finally gave up.

Why devs are making killer perks disguised as survivor ones?

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited March 15
    Options

I’d get a refund if I could. Look at me now stupid…like I thought eh not the best perk but if you’re doing a broken build, you might could get some juice, but not getting the juice bc the gen is blocked just makes it absolutely worthless in this gen economy.

it feels like I just paid to get spit on.

and I don’t like the feeling, and I’m not a masochist.

• ImWinston
    ImWinston Member Posts: 152
    Options

in my opinion this perk is worse than "deadline". Why? Deadline does almost nothing, it just makes the game difficult for those who use it... invocation on the other hand makes the game difficult for everyone.🤣 GG Devs

Apologies to "potential energy"... I've always considered it a bad perk, but seeing the new perks... "Potential Energy" is literally GOD TIER 🤣