Suggestion: delight of queue

Before anything, my suggestion could be split into two parts:

I really really wish you allowed us for at least 2 games per day to pick killers that we want to face. I am a survivor mainly and due to work I can't play as frequent as I used to, but I still enjoy DBD to a fine extent. But when I get 3 billies, and 3 clowns, and 3 plagues in a row, it. gets. boring. Like few games with killers that I actually like, would suffice more than enough (e.g. ghostie, trickster) but no, it's the same ol'murderers each match, and then I just start dodging. So my first suggestion could be – daily, you'd allow us to pick a roster of killers (or at least one) and have like 2 matches with strictly our preferences.

My second suggestion came to be after I wrote my first – what if we just had killer preferences? Those preferences would merely increase the chance of facing a certain killer(s), but wouldn't exclude others. I believe the Dead by Daylight's playerbase is high as ever, or at least still great, and I don't think it'd hurt to implement this? If we talk about high ranks and competitiveness – well pips were removed for a reason. If the game's purpose is to be enjoyable for both sides, why not?

Comments

• annika
    annika Member Posts: 20
    edited March 16

It would be interesting to hear others' opinions, and relevant suggestions in the comments as well.

*Also by removing pips, what I really meant was both the changed competitive environment and the ranking system.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,046

Killers are actual humans, just like you, trying to play and enjoy their favorite characters. They aren't set dressing for you to play with or to facilitate your experience.

With that in mind, why do you think it's fair to make them sit in longer queues for the sole reason of giving you the experience you want? Doesn't that seem terribly selfish?

• annika
    annika Member Posts: 20

I am not sure when I said anything about killers not being humans, or "dressing for me to play with, or to facilitate my experience." Seems like your reading comprehension skills are lacking, so let me clear few things for you.

They do want to enjoy their gameplay as much as Survivors do, and taking in consideration the size of DBD's playerbase, my guess if each Survivor received 2 games per day strictly with their chosen preferences, unfortunately to your thinking, the killers' queue wouldn't be impacted as greatly. (Of my assumption) 2 games per day is barely anything for a regular player. Not to mention the killer of your preference are also humans, and are also (probably) played! In addition, those 2 games could be somehow penalized, as in BP reduction and whatnot; and if there are more killers playing than survivors, those two games could be then converted into, for example, a 30 second wait period, and if the killer of your liking is not found, then it depends by chance. That brings me to my second point.

My second suggestion – only an increased chance you would face that killer. Probability is never certain; it is randomized and could be tailored for to queues be same as before. // And then again, some people don't mind facing certain killers (or the repetitiveness), and some do. If those of "some do" queues be improved, there is a chance the playerbase would even increase, thus bettering the game in various areas.

There are many things to take into consideration. This is not a "Is it fair?" question only. But this question could be flipped as well. Is it fair for survivors to be forced to play with killers they do not like for over and over.

So next time you assume I made this suggestion because I want the game to be "easier for me", or to stare at some killers outfits, think again. I asked for constructive response – not a superficial thought.