Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Please Buff Brutal Strength (just an itty bit)

Snowbawlzzz
Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419
edited March 18 in Feedback and Suggestions

The difference Brutal makes RN is hardly perceptible to the human eye. If it was even 30%-35% it could definitely be an M1 killer staple. You can say "pair it with Fire Up" but then you're using 2 perk slots to make 1 usable perk. It should just be good enough on its own.

Comments

• fussy
    fussy Member Posts: 1,481
    edited March 18

It makes difference on some killers. It's great on Wesker and Clown, but i wish they buff it a little too, so it will be universal good perk on 70-80% of killer roaster.

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

Nope, this perk is actually good for zooning and we do not need to buff this perk, brutal is fine

• Shaddoll_Serpent
    Shaddoll_Serpent Member Posts: 153

Brutal Strength does not need a buff. Even the slight boost from that perk can provide a significant advantage under the right hands.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,690

For those curious...

Basekit break: 2.34 seconds

Brutal break: 1.872 seconds (0.468 difference)

Brutal + Fire Up: 1.4976 seconds

If Brutal was 35%: 1.521

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176

1.4976 is smaller number then 1.521. The math for pallet breaking is different. i remember having to look at some formula long time ago in regards to it. Unfortunately, i lost the precise formula for it.

What I remember is that pallet break is additive bonus that is multiplicative. It works like survivor healing bonuses where biggest instance makes most impact but stacking pallet break has diminishing returns.

Brutal strength should be 1.95 ->0.4 difference

5 stack of fire up+brutal strength should be 1.625 -> 0.325 difference

Personally I think fire-up could use a buff. Maybe rework to work like Coup the grace where you gain 2 tokens, each token increases pallet break by 80%.

• Ohyakno
    Ohyakno Member Posts: 1,011

I also think it should be buffed by 5% or so. It's hard to justify running over a game stall or info perk or even a better chase perk like bamboozle.

• Mentally_Mechanical
    Mentally_Mechanical Member Posts: 58

Agree with @Ohyakno, a 5% increase would be all the perk really needs. Plus 25% is a nicer number to look at.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited March 18

This is one of those feel good perks that people think is making more of a difference than it is. Not saying it’s bad, I just wouldn’t call it good. Make it 35% and make it increase the base gen kick regression a bit. Current version just isn’t worth a perk slot imo compared what other options are available.

• GrimReaperJr1232

You're the charge formula.

2.34/1.2 for 1.95

That is not the case when it comes to break speeds. Break speed, similar to stun speeds, are as simple as they look: 50% reduction on a 2 sec stun is 1 second, and a 20% buff to 2.34 break time is 1.872

What you are correct about is how break buffs are multiplicative. For example, Fire Up (5 stacks) + Brutal would be: 2.34x0.8x0.8

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,176

that is because enduring was buffed to be multiplicative.

These two perk statement are NOT equivalent.

Enduring #1 boosts your recovery speed towards stuns. In other words, stun duration / 1+recovery rate. For example if you took decisive strike at 4 seconds, 4/1.75 = 2.21 second decisive strike stun.

Enduring #2 only works on pallets. 2*1/2 = 1 second.

The ingame description of the perk is following. The description does not state that pallet durability is reduced by 10/15/20%. It states that your action speed is 20% faster.

positive values are additive in dbd. negative values are multiplicative.

• DrHyk
    DrHyk Member Posts: 62

Gonna have to disagree with you, if you're struggling to notice a difference try and pair it with fire up

• GrimReaperJr1232

Welp, the only way to settle this is to see it in action with a stopwatch.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453
    edited March 19

I've thought that 25% would be a nice buff. Not that it really needs it. The perk has a high usage rate, although that's inflated a bit because it's a free perk. But it's still very much viable in its current form.

30% would be a significant difference, possibly a bit too strong, and anything above that is just too much. Remember that it speeds up all your gen kicks too, not just pallets and walls.

Now personally I'd like a Brutality BP bonus on the perk, but that's not gonna happen lmao.