Suggestions on avoiding flashbang blinds

Options
scoser
scoser Member Posts: 439

I keep going up against full flashbang SWF squads on a somewhat regular basis. Short of running Lightborn every game, is there any way to counter this? I'm already jammed against a wall or staring into a corner for most pickups, but survivors can apparently drop the flashbang inside my model making it almost impossible to dodge.

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,327
    Options

Lightborn is the only way. Everything else can be worked around and there is also a bug with sound occlusion when a survivor drops a flashbang behind a wall.

You will not hear the sound, so you walk around the corner and it blinds you immediately with 0 time to react. On top of that survivors can glitch themselves into the killer when they pick up and plant a flashbang right on their feet. This is a guaranteed blind again, so looking at walls doesn't work either. It's not helped by the fact that Background Player exists.

The only way to deal with it, is to bring Lightborn.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,710
    Options

Join the Lightborn gang. I run it in 100% of my games.

It sucks that counters that should work against blinds don't, but it feels great when someone tries to blind me with a flashbang and then I know exactly what rock they're crouching behind. Flashbangs are stupid common in my matches and survivors do not seem to expect Lightborn, because they will try and try again to get those blinds.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,087
    Options

Blasphemer! Who are you to doubt our Lord and Savior Lightborn 😎!

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Flashbangs are easy to avoid. The animation is quite obvious, just 180 turn as you see them throw it down. Mine miss often Expect Leon to use them. Best way to use them is to drop them just as they go to break a pallet, so they get blinded as they walk through it, meanwhile, you've hooked it πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈ

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,157
    Options

just bonk ppl and keep going

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 684
    Options

Lightborn of course. You can also try to position yourself staring at a wall.

If its Background Player causing issues, Singularity has I believe Genetic Limits is the one that causes exhaustion whrn you pick up a Survivor so it hard counters BP. Someone else mentioned Infectious Fright so you at least know if someone is close, also Awakened Awareness from Wesker lets you see if anyone is trying to hide for a surprise Flashbang blind

• Objectively_speaking
    Objectively_speaking Member Posts: 492
    Options

Genetic Limits only exhausts on Successful Healing not on pick ups. Currently the only perk that affects pick ups if Fire Up but that needs gens done to affect pick ups.

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 439
    Options

My main concern is with directly facing a wall while picking up a survivor and getting blinded by a flashbang placed inside my character model, so it sounds like it's either Lightborn or Infectious as possible solutions.